Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what’s sad? I was up all night angry about that mike dean decision on Sunday, thinking when will we get our first three points on the board but you know what why should I care? Fosun clearly don’t care about our squad and our progression anymore.
Because, like me you are a fan of the team you grew up with…it’s more than any transient owner can comprehend

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would have been happy with just a midfielder coming in today. Was also excited by the reported quality of CB we were linked with.

Now very, very disappointed. And baffled by MGW going on loan in this situation.

I was reserving judgement until the window was over, and now it looms closer, it worries me.

Dangerous move by the club. They asked for trust. I don't think they have previously given enough reason not to trust them. It looks as though now they have.

I had some faith that there was a plan to bring in certain players in the event big figures weren't raised through sales - bit i am at a loss as to how you can have little idea what a club wants for a player or if they would gave any interest in coming.

I try to see the positive side re Wolves, as there is plenty else to get down about, and don't like to jump on negativity. But i completely get anyone who is angry or let down.

Hoping the players we do have can continue the good work, but i am very disappointed
Feel the same mate. We have a good team capable of winning games but we did need some extra bodies coming in. Poor Bruno has been hung out to dry tonight.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“We have just two days. We have just 19 players at the moment because Pedro (Neto) is out with injury. We need more. We need more and for the right positions.”

Bruno, 2 days ago. We now have 18 players.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SSN update. Both Moore and Kamara deals (both at 12m) off because we wouldn’t meet the valuation. Traore staying because Spurs would only offer 30m, and we wanted 50m. Club will now begin negotiations on a new contract again.

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
What l meant, and it wasn't a dig at you, is that throwing inexperienced and/or lower quality players in and hoping that it will somehow be all right can be a recipe for disaster. Some of the old gits amongst us, me included, have seen it at least twice.
I apologise for taking it as a dig, these things get bandied around a lot as I'm younger in years. I reacted harshly, my bad.

Fact is, I was around for the double relegation. But more poignantly for the plug pulling season by Morgan. I'm not saying it's not a dangerous policy.

We all saw then, pinning your hopes on half a dozen youngsters out of their depth and 5 pros that had lost the will to live, is not the way forward. But this time around I would have more faith in Bruno and his brother to develop youth, they have a brilliant track record, and more faith in the quality we have been bringing through the academy. And I doubt we'd ever have to rely on that many youngsters.

Back then, I am ashamed to say, our academy must have been the worst cat1 in the country, and much worse than even some theoretically 'worse' facilities. Honestly, the dross we bought through. I shudder.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand failing to secure targets, however sending MGW out on loan is utterly bizarre. Whoever sanctioned that needs sacking. Did we learn nothing from the Raul injury?

A totally disgraceful decision and clueless. My pet dog would do a better job than these idiots.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Maybe Lage has seen something in Cundle to think he can make the grade? Maybe Jordao/ Shabani are not too far from a return. It simply doesn’t make sense otherwise for your central midfielders to consist of neves moutinho and Dendoncker.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s probably been said already, but I imagine Jeff has said to Bruno… you can have a few incomings, but it will cost you Neves or Traore and Bruno has preferred to stick (…for now).

westside wolf

Reaction score
Maybe Lage has seen something in Cundle to think he can make the grade? Maybe Jordao/ Shabani are not too far from a return. It simply doesn’t make sense otherwise for your central midfielders to consist of neves moutinho and Dendoncker.

cundle looks miles off to me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem Scott Sellars only signs kids from Man City for the academy? Is this now our only source of players?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno had a new idea of how he wanted to play and he hasn’t been backed , he even said what he wanted in new signings top signings , if it ends like this then is shows Nuno did an amazing job with what he had

He really didn’t.
the good football the team is playing now is using players we were writing off under Nuno. Ok we can’t score, but we lost the last three games of nunos reign and it was a bloody awful season.

We had a tough start on paper but we have to start winning now.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves picks up yellow cards like Prince Andrew does 16 year old girls. When he’s suspended let’s hope Moutinho and Donk aren’t t injured or we’ve literally no back up

Biggest **** up in years at a club that’s the mater of poor situations. 3 ******* midfielders? I’m the biggest optimist going but you can’t go a whole season with 3 ****ing midfielders.

Whose really to blame here??

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok - so I was a positive Jeff supporting believer.

How do I feel tonight.

Mixed emotions.

I remain hugely thankful for the best 3 seasons I’ve been to and been able to take my daughter to. For that I thank Fosun and Nuno - and hugely so.

Do I think the signings we have made are positive? Yes.

Am I comfortable with those players sold? Yes

Am I delighted we’ve retained Neves and Traore? Yes

How short do I think we are? 1 quality CM of a really good window and 1 quality CM and a quality CB (capable of enabling us to play a back 4) short of a brilliant window.

Do I believe we tried to sign both? Yes we were linked to a couple of quality defenders and midfielders (plus another striker) but due to a mix of reasons they didn’t come off. None of us know why.

Going into a season though with only 3 CMs and our back-ups out on loan (2 going today) is more than a missed opportunity, it is negligent. I can only hope we don’t have an injury or suspension.

How do I feel about Fosun? Still thankful overall, but I do question the competence of the team. Not just from failing to get a CM but also from various other decisions (temporary stand debacle, not building second temporary stand, not developing ground, season tickets prices, home ticket distribution, ticket prices generally). I look forward to the explanation and, in 122 days, to rectify this error.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. They may not be 'top players' but as a bare minimum we need cover there to last until January past the yellow card tightrope and injury/resting risk with all the cup games.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Because, like me you are a fan of the team you grew up with…it’s more than any transient owner can comprehend
Oh yeah definitely will be 100% supporting Bruno and the team but I can’t support fosun or Jeff shi anymore. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If things don't change before the deadline shuts, then Fosun have got this terribly wrong. For an investment company, how can they not see a player like Botman not being a good investment? It's crazy what's going on. We are a smaller, weaker squad than last year, and look how we struggled with any kind of injury then. This is just madness and I'm starting to lose faith in their ambitions after being a massive supporter of what they were doing.

Maybe it wasn't the club losing faith in Nuno, maybe it was Nuno losing faith in Fosun and their ambitions. Lage us going to be on a hiding to nothing. He said 3 or 4 signings to an already small squad, he gained one player and lost another it's just crazy and I must admit if I were him I'd be considering walking.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of this Transfer window and deadline day...

WE'VE DONE MORE OUT GOING DEALS FOR OUR PLAYERS THAN INCOMING' PLAYERS!

Just says it all about Fosuns future ambitions for WWFC :(
Nailed on, they said in those bull**** videos they wanted a larger squad, the fans have been fed lies so shi, sellers whoever should be held accountable. Why get rid of gibbs white when the squad is tiny

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
Just wondering ......

BREAKING NEWS

Tottenham and Serge Aurier in talks over a mutual contract termination.

If agreed, the defender essentially becomes a free transfer and can join another club beyond the deadline.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
He really didn’t.
the good football the team is playing now is using players we were writing off under Nuno. Ok we can’t score, but we lost the last three games of nunos reign and it was a bloody awful season.

We had a tough start on paper but we have to start winning now.
who didn't

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way Lage thinks Cundle is ready or an expectation of Jordao coming back.

We’ve simply left it too late/been in a chain and it has come crashing down.

To let 2 other potentially CM players leave is incompetence and now we are crossing our fingers there are no suspensions/injuries.

Back
Top Bottom