Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First team training

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Agree, I can’t remember what match it was he came on and then got the bad injury in, but I remember watching it and being absolutely gutted because I thought he’d shown real promise up to that point, same with Shabani, unless I’m getting them mixed up but yeah :smile:
Was it Reading in the cup? I might be wrong but Shabani got injured same game

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it Reading in the cup? I might be wrong but Shabani got injured same game

Yes! That was the one, I wondered if it was the same game because I could remember feeling the same way about both of them, so I’m glad I wasn’t mixing them up :smile:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Jordao has got a knee brace on. Wouldnt expect him back in action anytime soon. Strange because I dont recall him being injured at his loan club at the end of last season.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think he may have taken part in training or just sat with his feet up for the euros
Coady didn’t play either doesn’t mean either of them rested
I think you may have missed the 'humour' in the post

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting that Jordao has got a knee brace on. Wouldnt expect him back in action anytime soon. Strange because I dont recall him being injured at his loan club at the end of last season.

Seems he has an op in the summer to fix something

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone giving Raul a"look" at 1.53?

Is there really a need for all the weight training? No wonder they all end up like Mr Blobby when they retire.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is there really a need for all the weight training? No wonder they all end up like Mr Blobby when they retire.
Being as the constant moan on here is the young/foreign players need to ‘bulk up’ to cope with the physical demands of English football, I’d say maybe yeah.

Look what lockdown weights did to Neto. Still lightning fast, but could actually hold someone off when needed. He’s going to be a bloody tank by the time his knee is sorted.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is an excellent video (yet again, content team absolutely on point) featuring some of the stuff already seen but lots more giving us a flavour of how Bruno is working the squad.

Highlights:

• High Intensity
  • Lot's of passing and moving
  • 1 Touch Passing moves
  • Overlapping wide players visible
  • Quick keeper distribution from claiming crosses
  • Keepers training with the ball at their feet
It seems a world away from what we watched last season. Bruno is there as well, dead centre with his orders and coaching.

Big fan of Tony Roberts' coaching as well. Hands on, involved, clear communicator.

All good signs.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say there probably is. If you look at a lot of modern footballers, athleticism and core strength is a big part of their makeup. Building speed, being able to hold off & block attackers or (looking the other way around) to shrug off or lean into defenders. It doesn't make them any less skilful.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

BENEFITS OF WEIGHT TRAINING FOR SOCCER PLAYERS​

For starters, there’s no speed without strength. Too much weight and bulk, of course, can be a drag on quickness. But at the same time, stronger muscles mean more force generated which means a greater capacity for forward propulsion.
In other words, in order to be fast, you also need to be strong. Same goes for agility. And that means hitting the weights.
Of course, when you stop and think about it, there are plenty of places on the soccer field where strength and power are an advantage—and not all of them are directly related to speed. For example:
  • Holding your ground against a tackle or challenge and winning one-on-one battles on the ground
  • Explosive acceleration to create an open space or beat an opponent to a loose ball
  • Explosive jumping to compete for 50-50 aerial balls
  • Higher velocity on shots, passes, even throw-ins
But it’s not even just speed, strength, and power. Other benefits of lifting and strength training for soccer players include:
  • Resistance to injuries. Strong muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones can absorb more force without straining or tearing. They can better protect weak joints, too—not only from the daily grind of practice and play, but from tackles and collisions, too. Want to reduce your risk of spraining an ankle or tearing an ACL? Strength training is key.
  • Faster recovery. If you do happen to get injured, a body conditioned with strength training can heal itself faster, in part thanks to increased metabolism.
  • Improved body mechanics. Working on strength—legs, core, even arms—will help you improve your balance and stability, coordination, and posture. Obviously, these skills will help you just about everywhere on the pitch, and contribute to injury resistance as well

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is an excellent video (yet again, content team absolutely on point) featuring some of the stuff already seen but lots more giving us a flavour of how Bruno is working the squad.

Highlights:

• High Intensity
  • 1 Touch Passing moves
It seems a world away from what we watched last season. Bruno is there as well, dead centre with his orders and coaching.

Big fan of Tony Roberts' coaching as well. Hands on, involved, clear communicator.

All good signs.

Completely agree, love seeing how involved Bruno is in the training, if that intensity transfers to the field it can only be a good thing. Really like Tony Roberts, seems very clear in what he wants, and his intensity level is up there too, hoping to see a lot more proactivity in claiming and distributing the ball going forwards from the keepers which I think is a good thing!

Edit to add, I also feel a bit bad about the Marcal injury jokes, I get a genuinely good vibe from the bloke, I hope he gets a good run of form as I think he’s one of these who is desperate to do well and establish himself if given the opportunity

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is not heavy weight training, and no need to end up like Mr Blobby if you are sensible re calories consumed versus calories burned

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For starters, there’s no speed without strength. Too much weight and bulk, of course, can be a drag on quickness. But at the same time, stronger muscles mean more force generated which means a greater capacity for forward propulsion.
In other words, in order to be fast, you also need to be strong. Same goes for agility. And that means hitting the weights.
Of course, when you stop and think about it, there are plenty of places on the soccer field where strength and power are an advantage—and not all of them are directly related to speed. For example:
  • Holding your ground against a tackle or challenge and winning one-on-one battles on the ground
  • Explosive acceleration to create an open space or beat an opponent to a loose ball
But it’s not even just speed, strength, and power. Other benefits of lifting and strength training for soccer players include:
  • Resistance to injuries. Strong muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones can absorb more force without straining or tearing. They can better protect weak joints, too—not only from the daily grind of practice and play, but from tackles and collisions, too. Want to reduce your risk of spraining an ankle or tearing an ACL? Strength training is key.
  • Faster recovery. If you do happen to get injured, a body conditioned with strength training can heal itself faster, in part thanks to increased metabolism.
  • Improved body mechanics. Working on strength—legs, core, even arms—will help you improve your balance and stability, coordination, and posture. Obviously, these skills will help you just about everywhere on the pitch, and contribute to injury resistance as well
Good stuff. I am sure Abbobrom would agree.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
x2 I’d love to know what’s said if anyone can translate
Mouts - “ Boss, how are you settling into Ruben‘s house? He said he left some Radox shower gel under the sink in the en-suite that you’re quite welcome to use.”

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Highlights:

• High Intensity
  • 1 Touch Passing moves

All good signs.
Can admin please remove this post. Far too positive….

…..but great to read and I agree!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks for that
Appreciated

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can only echo what's been said above. Training sessions look a world away from last year.

i reckon we'll score about 20 more goals than last year. We may get done a few times, but we're not going to die of boredom

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can only echo what's been said above. Training sessions look a world away from last year.

i reckon we'll score about 20 more goals than last year. We may get done a few times, but we're not going to die of boredom
That's fantastic to hear.

As I've said elsewhere, the entire team needed a kick up the **** after last year.

Stingray II

Reaction score
In the training video, starting 14.08, do I detect a hint of Black-Country accent from Boly? The vowels? To my ears, "touch" sounded closer to Bilston than Paris.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Highlights:

• High Intensity
  • 1 Touch Passing moves

All good signs.

Its good to see Joao Moutinho looking relaxed again, he looked quite washed out towards the end of last season.

Back
Top Bottom