Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH I'd rather sign Ait Nouri ahead of Vitinha if we had to make a choice I just don't see him as an essential signing him and there is probably better value available seeing the state of finances in many European Leagues currently.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And apparently Ojogo say we are signing him. Personally I hope we do as there's a huge talent there but clearly the media are guessing (though those who've guessed right will claim they knew for ages).

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what the Record article today states:

"Wolves does not exercise a 20 million clause whose term ends tomorrow. SAD needs the money but Conceição wants to bet on the youngster

Vítor Ferreira could become an unexpected reinforcement for FC Porto. The deadline for Wolverhampton to exercise the purchase option clause of the pass, in the amount of 20 million euros, ends tomorrow, but Record knows that this mechanism will not be activated by the English, now guided by Bruno Lage. In this sense, the young promise will have to present herself at Invicta.

It is a two-pronged scenario. For SAD, it is complicated not to be able to account for a significant amount that it was counting on to close the issue of financial fair play. In terms of sports, this is a possibility that makes Sergio Conceição smile. The coach had already planned to bet on Vitinha last season, having taken some time to digest his loan to Wolves, a decision he had to accept given the precarious financial situation of the dragons, mitigated by the path opened by Jorge Mendes, who also took Fábio Silva for the group that at the time was commanded by Nuno Espírito Santo.

The negotiation process points towards the British not intending to give up Vítor Ferreira, but without showing themselves available to buy the pass immediately. The fact is that, from what we found, FC Porto is not interested in renewing the loan. The 21-year-old has played 22 games for Wolves, but only 9 in the starting lineup, never having played a full 90’. However, he confirmed his talent at the service of the under-21 team and, in the hands of Sérgio Conceição, he has everything to become a figure and raise his quotation, given that in due course he had been renewed by the Porto players until 2024, with a clause of termination of 40 million euros.

Although there is still a margin of 48 hours for some business turnaround, everything indicates that a return to base is about to be consummated, which could dispense with FC Porto's investment in other reinforcements for the core. However, and this hypothesis is being taken into account, there is also the possibility of Vítor Ferreira starting the blue and white season but continuing in the market waiting for a good offer that arrives later."

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If as suggested we are limited with funds and have to prioritise other positions then personally i wouldnt lose any sleep in not taking the option on vitinha. He did very well at the u21s and had one and a half good games for us but a 20m investment on potential after having invested 35m into fabio doesnt seem the best place for allocating funds at this moment. Im not sure how he fits in Lages likely set up unless he goes with a midfield 3 and nuno couldnt work out where and how to get the best out of him. He had been with us for a year and most dont know if he is a moutinho type player, a neves type player or a number 10.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If as suggested we are limited with funds and have to prioritise other positions then personally i wouldnt lose any sleep in not taking the option on vitinha. He did very well at the u21s and had one and a half good games for us but a 20m investment on potential after having invested 35m into fabio doesnt seem the best place for allocating funds at this moment. Im not sure how he fits in Lages likely set up unless he goes with a midfield 3 and nuno couldnt work out where and how to get the best out of him. He had been with us for a year and most dont know if he is a moutinho type player, a neves type player or a number 10.
He’s a moutinho type player and he is quality.

be gutted if we didn’t sign him as he is clearly one of the best Portuguese youngsters technically

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, it's all down to the money.

In an ideal world, we'd sign him as he has plenty of potential and could be very good.

But, £18-20m is probably going to be as much as we spend on a player this summer and it will take a decent chunk out of our budget, so is he worth it? It's very debatable.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fee is just too high. To think we'd basically have to sell someone like Neves to fund Vitinha and RAN is just crackers.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Am sure will have been suggested by others but we need to be using likes of Mir, Cutrone, Vinagre and others as swaps to get the players we want.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be a huge mistake if we dont sign Vitinha. Very much hope we arent going to be hearing we arent signing him or RAN in the next few days. Both have massive potential and we need a bigger squad this coming season.

Disappointment to say the least if we dont sign both of them, vitinha looks destined for greatness

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sign up for another loan right now. Think there's definitely a player there, but he needs a chance to show it.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Will be a huge mistake if we dont sign Vitinha. Very much hope we arent going to be hearing we arent signing him or RAN in the next few days. Both have massive potential and we need a bigger squad this coming season.
I’m just hoping it’s a bit of posturing from both sides. Porto making out they don’t want to sell him but need the cash us trying to get him for less than the original buy out price.
Fingers crossed a deal can still be done

D

Deleted member 11332

I'd sign up for another loan right now. Think there's definitely a player there, but he needs a chance to show it.

Only issue I see with that is we've already sunk 4m into him for the last loan apparently, so they'd want the same again you'd think. That's 8m paid for a 2 year lend. Not the wisest business move.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything depends on the true state of our finances. Some £38m spent on 'potential' involving two players who might not make Lage's starting line up would eat up a huge chunk of any transfer budget and not allow much else to be done without selling a crown jewel or two. The fees are each around £5m over the top for me. £15m for Ait Nouri and £13m for Vitinha with add ons should they do well would be nearer the mark in the current market.

At a push I would bring in Ait Nouri and leave Vitinha. The former has shown a lot of promise and although still raw defensively you can see the talent is there. Vitinha has shown talent at times but we need a central midfield player who can go straight into the team and add quality and consistency. We may have to wait another two years or so for Silva to be anywhere near ready for a full time Premier League role and Vitinha might have a similar trajectory. If Vitinha turns into a star in the future so be it. The only alternative might be to sell MGW and use whatever money we can get (£10m?) towards the Vitinha fee and see if we can get that fee down a bit. But perhaps just persevering with MGW and leaving Vitinha might be more sensible for now.

Lage will know Vitinha's capabilities very well so it is his call really. But a new goalie, CB, new striker, as well as a midfield player or two, will stretch finances as it is, even if we can get a suitable loan for one of those positions.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want us to buy RAN and Vitinha, but under the current circumstances the club are right to see if they can get the price down from £38M for the pair... sadly this means we're rolling the dice on signing them at all and may miss out, but that would clearly be a massive chunk from the budget so I hope our attempt to be frugal works out and we still get the players at a better price

If not then I'm sure there are other great young midfield options out there we can pursue... less so for LB options for me so I would prioritise RAN personally

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stating the obvious again
Wolves have already decided what they will do,they will sign either or both but not at the prices being touted around,and if their clubs play hard ball we move on, its that simple really
Both have talent for sure,but we dont have endless funds to keep blowing on potential
RAN is probably close enough to play in the first team,i dont think Vitinha has shown enough just yet

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

An £18m option to buy Vitinha expires tomorrow
"Wolves need to make a decision on whether to buy Vitinha tomorrow"

Wolves still to decide whether to buy him....
"Nobody knows if he's going to sign"

even if the deadline passes it doesn't mean either won't join
"Forget I even mentioned the deadline, it's not important. Either way he may or may not sign."

as previously reported they're looking for better options on the market
"As I reported to you all before, Wolves would very much like to purchase players that are stronger than the ones they have. Remember where you heard that first!"

mindblown.png

There was literally no new information in that tweet.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope that’s just fee bargining Vitinha is going to a great player this could have Gonclaves written all over it.

think and hope we are looking for some discount.

D

Deleted member 8123

I think Vitinha is too light weight for the prem and Ait-Nouri is over valued.
There has to be better value out there at the present time.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I just questioned whether we would want to pay £18m for Vitinha
Then suddenly remember, we paid double that for Fabio Silvia :cry:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I quite like Rayan plenty of pace and skill... Not sure on Vitinha yet. Let's face it we need players weather we sign them or not.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vintinha in that Albion game, a definite yes. The Chorley goal, yes. But he was mostly anonymous or played bit parts rest of the matches, signing RAN as our only fit LB is a must IMO, which probably uses up the Vitinha money?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha is an 8 and a wonderful player like Joao Moutinho. Dont see how he fits into a double pivot.

If Bruno Lage is set on a double pivot then I can't see how he fits in. Single pivot and it's a no brainer

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I just questioned whether we would want to pay £18m for Vitinha
Then suddenly remember, we paid double that for Fabio Silvia :cry:

Yeah, I'd question the fees for all those. Not that they all don't have potential. But are we in a position where we can speculate top fees on potential? For not just one, but three players? All 3 for £20M yes, go for it. Maybe even £25M. But no more than that. As it's going to be 3 or 4 seasons before they fulfill their potential, £75M would be better spent on players who will keep us out the relegation battle *now*. Not on players who we can cash in on 3 years from now while in the Championship...because that's where we'll end up if we continue only investing tens of millions on teenagers for the future. We are not Chelsea or Man City Or Man U . Nowhere near.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha is an 8 and a wonderful player like Joao Moutinho. Dont see how he fits into a double pivot.

If Bruno Lage is set on a double pivot then I can't see how he fits in. Single pivot and it's a no brainer

As you say, very similar to Joao in the sense that he fits in really well in a 3, but not at all well in a 2.

The control Joao Moutinho brought to Portugal's midfield alongside Sanches and Palhinha was superb.

Maybe we will go 4-3-3 , sell Neves, buy Sanches and Palhinha and that could be our starting midfield trio?!

D

Deleted member 11332

As you say, very similar to Joao in the sense that he fits in really well in a 3, but not at all well in a 2.

The control Joao Moutinho brought to Portugal's midfield alongside Sanches and Palhinha was superb.

Maybe we will go 4-3-3 , sell Neves, buy Sanches and Palhinha and that could be our starting midfield trio?!

I'm no longer that convinced on palhinha myself. He's a great tackler, big and aggressive which is great as an addition to being able to dictate play. He can't do that really and he looked really limited on the ball for Portugal against quality opposition.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm no longer that convinced on palhinha myself. He's a great tackler, big and aggressive which is great as an addition to being able to dictate play. He can't do that really and he looked really limited on the ball for Portugal against quality opposition.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But if he's in there just to offer that aggression, size and tackling ability, with others tasked with dictating the play, he could work.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think both of them are past us now.

Maybe Bruno just wants to play a double pivot like he did at Benfica and have MGW as the attacking midfielder.

Thinking about it, I can't see a system where we can get the best out of both. Vitinha is probably best in a 433 as an 8 and MGW in a 4231 as a 10.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinhas short passing looks as good as Neves though. All depends on how much all these players including our own cost in what I imagine will be a wierd summer for transfers. Maybe we're saying that 18m for Vitinha is the cost sorted in a pre pandemic market?

D

Deleted member 11332

Yeah, I see what you mean. But if he's in there just to offer that aggression, size and tackling ability, with others tasked with dictating the play, he could work.

I'd imagine you could get someone to do that much cheaper though. Probably numerous in be championship.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if he had 4 attacking players ahead of him, maybe 6 with fullbacks, he’d be good. He seems a more aggressive version of Donk. Would be great if we could get him and keep hold of neves.

Back
Top Bottom