Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno’s gone

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heartbroken

Close to tears.....

Most of his players will follow too....
That isn’t a given. Maybe the players will relish playing under a less cautious manager? No doubt they respected him but they haven’t been giving the impression they are playing for him recently have they?

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
this is the telling line from that article "There have also been disagreements over the transfer policy and even Nuno’s communication"

this is the nub of it for me - are fosun spending or not?
Regarding last comment ...

I don't know who makes the signings or authorises them ... but he could have been made to answer for amount of money we spent on players that have so far underwhelmed.

If we have to spend £20m on vitinha why hasn't he been given a fair crack.
£35m on Fabio is a large outlay which may or may not come to fruition in another 3 years.
£30m on Semedo who may be a better player individually but for Wolves Doc was far superior.

Maybe Jeff wanted answers if Nuno authorised these signings.

Or maybe these weren't Nuno signings and he wanted more say in who comes to the club.

Could be wither way

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The bit above from Percy says otherwise to me?

"Though Wolves’s statement revealed the decision to part company was mutual consent, it was Fosun who initiated his exit after months of friction behind the scenes.

Jeff Shi, the Wolves executive chairman, started discussions with Nuno over his future earlier this week before the announcement was made on Friday afternoon, shortly after the players were given the news at the training ground.

Bruno Lage, the former Benfica manager, is emerging as an early front- runner to replace Nuno but Wolves insist that an appointment is not imminent.

Wolves will finish the season in their lowest position since returning to the Premier League and Fosun have been frustrated by the poor performances and results.

There have also been disagreements over the transfer policy and even Nuno’s communication, but the decision to let him depart has still come as a huge shock."
It sounds to me like he was sacked more than anything?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The long and short of it is just over 12 months ago we walked out of Spurs ground absolutely flying and riding the crest of a wave. An amazing wave that I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see as a Wolves fan.

They covid came along and has completely ****ed us.

Absolutely gutted. Truly, truly gutted. I can’t even begin to contemplate anyone other than Nuno as our manager, just feels plain wrong.

Thank you Nuno. Thank you.
We had the momentum at that point, I think we’d have gone on to achieve great things without the break.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding last comment ...

I don't know who makes the signings or authorises them ... but he could have been made to answer for amount of money we spent on players that have so far underwhelmed.

If we have to spend £20m on vitinha why hasn't he been given a fair crack.
£35m on Fabio is a large outlay which may or may not come to fruition in another 3 years.
£30m on Semedo who may be a better player individually but for Wolves Doc was far superior.

Maybe Jeff wanted answers if Nuno authorised these signings.

Or maybe these weren't Nuno signings and he wanted more say in who comes to the club.

Could be wither way
Tim Spiers always said that Nuno had the final say in all transfers

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we will get in a manager who isn't scared of his own shadow. Stan Cullis would have been turning in his grave this season at the negativity, now there was a real manager! Waiting for the brickbats but I don't care, Nuno's time was up. Thanks for what he did until this season. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange if he was pushed considering it was reported Fosun accepted a mid table position due to the circumstances

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno has been pushed, how will that affect the clubs relationship with Uncle Jorge?

They obviously have a good business relationship with him but arguably Nuno’s tie with him is stronger? Will be still get our fair share of players from him, or just the scraps?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange if he was pushed considering it was reported Fosun accepted a mid table position due to the circumstances

Thats been repeated so many times it’s become fact.

I can’t see Fosun being happy with how this season has gone at all. We’ve regressed massively.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can easily imagine Jeff and Nuno falling out. Just hope it was down to Jeff demanding better performances than Nuno demanding more transfer funds and being told to stuff it.

The fact Fosun have basically fired him suggests it's the former. They bloody well need to pull their finger out to find a suitable replacement though.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m Truly gutted that we are losing the great man, I was hoping he would be here decades and leave a long lasting legacy.

as it is, he’s been fantastic for the club, brought some great players, exciting football and memorable moments and has had a huge impact in the city with his huge donation and other work in the community. He’s a truly genuine and nice person.

I wish him all the best in his future and I hope to meet the great man one day and shake his hand and offer my personal thanks.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quote from a piece by the always reliable John Percy...

“Ahead of their five-year anniversary, owners Fosun have made their biggest decision since the takeover and one thing is patently obvious: they remain as ambitious and driven as ever.

There is no place for sentiment in the enduring pursuit of progress. It is a calculated decision initiated by chairman Jeff Shi, with the intention of creating a new cycle.”

Sounds to me like they all sat down a little while ago and had a chat, both sides put their cards down and this was the decision they mutually reached.

Nuno hasn’t walked. Jeff hasn’t sacked him. A mutual decision to move on to the next phase .

Having read the article and the 'by mutual consent' then it now looks pretty certain Jeff Shi decided Nuno was going.

We always knew they would be ruthless and perhaps that's to the good. But.

There hasn't been a manager or coach in forty years that achieved what he did. It wasn't just good it was outstanding. I don't care we had the Mendes connection et etc that helped. You still have to do the business. I don't really care this season has been poor by the first three standards. Nuno signed on for another 3 years and I have little doubt now he wanted to see those three years out.

Probably the last coaching set up to compare was Barnwell and Barker who took the club to a LC Win, two semi-finals in the FA Cup, a 6th place finish and a (brief) European campaign.in three years. Even then they took over a top flight Wolves.

Fosun started something very special four years ago. I hope to **** Shi and Fosun don't allow their lust for soft power, prestige and 'brand progression' to **** up both the club as we know it. or with journeymen coaches changed every three years.

I have always thought (still do) Jeff Shi to be one of the best head honchos we have had. If this parting of the ways (prematurely as far as I am concerned) sees him ****ing up the club as above then It would be a catastrophic decision by him as far as I am concerned and fear the club is indeed headed for the MC Football franchise. We have to give them the benefit of the doubt currently. So far they have done pretty well in keeping Wolves looking like Wolves.

The medium term plan was top sixish. Nuno achieved that and considering he was given another three years less than a year ago should have been given the backing to progress further.

The 'friction' over transfers is the intriguing bit. What was the 'friction' caused by?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE are Wolves.
Not Nuno.
Not Fosun.
Not Ruben Neves,Joao Moutinho or Rui Patricio.
WE ARE WOLVES.

Keep circulating,take a deep breath and be grateful you can do because you ain´t caught the Corona virus.

WE ARE THE CLUB.Sack The Bhattis.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this is the telling line from that article "There have also been disagreements over the transfer policy and even Nuno’s communication"

Interesting, would love to know what is meant by nunos communication and transfer disagreements, could explain why the team has at times looked so disinterested if whatever those disagreeements were filtered down to the players.
Communication is an interesting one, especially as we know the team had a clear the air meeting with Nuno a few months back, maybe Jeff was unhappy with nunos communication to the players?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting, would love to know what is meant by nunos communication and transfer disagreements, could explain why the team has at times looked so disinterested if whatever those disagreeements were filtered down to the players.
Communication is an interesting one, especially as we know the team had a clear the air meeting with Nuno a few months back, maybe Jeff was unhappy with nunos communication to the players?

Or was it the repetitive nature of his communication with the press and media ? It’s a big thing nowadays building the club profile etc.
I wonder if he is taking over the Portugal team after the Euros?

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Christ on a bike

Its been done to death and I still don't understands why people don't get it.

Because of the UEFA FFP agreement we have to get to a break even figure over financial years 2019/2020/2021 - including a maximum deficit of 30m Euros for 2020

I know its hard when you see the likes of Villa and Everton throwing money around - But we had no choice, even though we weren't in Europe the agreement still holds.

It actually doesn't matter how much money FOSUN would want to throw at it (if they did) - they couldn't.
Christ on a bike ‍

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think it through: do you really think Nuno has been happy with the last few transfer windows with his ambition? Did he really think Silva was the answer? Or making only youth loans last summer? Fosun aren't spending, they've dropped hints of "self-sufficiency" for a year now.

I predict the supporters' views could sour towards Fosun VERY quickly without Nuno around. He was the face, very popular, and beloved by fans (even if we criticised his bad subs) but without him, Fosun are just foreign suits behind the scenes who keep throwing out words about ambition yet the transfer windows don't seem to match it.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or was it the repetitive nature of his communication with the press and media ? It’s a big thing nowadays building the club profile etc.
I wonder if he is taking over the Portugal team after the Euros?

Could be, he never struck me as particularly media friendly, which I actually quite liked about him, until he just kept saying the same thing over and over in the post match interviews this season lol

If I had to pick where I thought he was going next the Portugal team would be mine, allows him his break and then able to work with his compatriots.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thing a about Adama is to bump his price up hopefully.

Also the fact he’s left ‘by mutual consent’ surely rules out Spurs? If he was going there they’d have paid for him.

I truly hope it’s because he wants to be home with his family.

As for us it’s a flip of a coin as to which way this goes. My heart tells me we’ll kick on, my head says anything but….

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The long and short of it is just over 12 months ago we walked out of Spurs ground absolutely flying and riding the crest of a wave. An amazing wave that I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see as a Wolves fan.

They covid came along and has completely ****ed us.

Absolutely gutted. Truly, truly gutted. I can’t even begin to contemplate anyone other than Nuno as our manager, just feels plain wrong.

Thank you Nuno. Thank you.
Covid really us fudged us over. I believe it's cost us on going success, more memorable performances and further fond memories with Nuno. It's also, very cruelly, taken away a final opportunity to give Nuno the send off he deserves at a packed Molineux. Devastated.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all conjecture and guesswork, and probably even a degree of managing the story from all sides.

It was probably based on multiple factors from both sides, rather than an outright sacking or Nuno simply quitting.

I am very disappointed that we couldn't see what he and Fosun could do together in a "normal season" after some rest and a full pre-season though.

It feels premature to come to an end right now, regardless of what drove the situation. This was such a freak season with the lack of fans, Jimenez injury, travel restrictions, lack of preparation time, that to draw such a conclusion of such finality upon it seems ill-judged, particularly as the end "result" (mid table in the Premier League) is far from a total disaster.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely disappointed if that turns out to be true.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading through the lines, they wanted him to stay, but once Nuno found out funds won't be available this summer, and that our transfer strategy would involve selling our best players to buy new players, that probably didn't sit well with him at all and disagreements have led to this decision by "mutual consent". That's how I see it, I may eventually be wrong, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably told them what he needed and they said 'solutions are within the squad'. Ta-ra.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno, backed by Fosun, delivered what I had dreamed of for a lifetime and had thought would probably never happen... a Wolves team to be proud of sitting comfortably in the top half of the league and beating all of the top teams along the way.
My big fear is that those of us of a certain vintage may never see us reach those dizzy heights again.
Reading between the lines, Nuno has been pushed. Wolves have made some shocking decisions over the years ... but this tops the lot.

Back
Top Bottom