Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa vs Wolves. The Verdict.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

We will be chatting here live giving our verdict , if you wish to join us you can zoom in with us:

Meeting ID: 923 9643 5993
Passcode: 255143

Please be patient as you are admitted into waiting room and then added to the call.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why can’t we play two halves the same ? That said we still don’t look like scoring. Take the hand break off.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a game of football.

They were the stronger in the first half but hit the woodwork when it would be easier to score.

We were the stronger in the second half but contrived to sky it or shoot at the keeper when it would be easier to score.

Rui had one save to make in something like the 89th minute.

Roll on next season, and hopefully we’ll start playing like we do in the second half of matches. Because frankly there’s little else to say in that non event of a game.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I’d have probably taken a point at the start.
Willian Jose doesn’t strike me as a player who is desperately trying to earn a permanent move here in the summer. Thought Semedo had another good game. Either side could have won it with good close range chances - draw feels about right.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another game of two halves.1 rubbish the other more like it.

Sky Sports already saying Saiss chance was a contender for miss of the season!

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Happy with the clean sheet. Neto looking dangerous and could have been worse after they hit the bar twice. Saiss as unlucky as he was lucky in his shot and block like last week.

BUT something needs to be done with our first half performances. Recently Nuno said it wasnt deliberate but it must be as it's just been too consistent to be a coincidence now. Why the restrictions? Why the negative tactics?

We bossed the second half so why not the whole game? This, for me, is the reason we aren't progressing and it has nothing to do with 5 at the back..

Come on Wolves...get on the front foot more!!!

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half was much better and showed what we can do when we play with some intensity and tempo to our game. Unfortunately, Nuno continues to insist on surrendering the first half of almost every game we play and that means it's never worth watching us for the first 45mins. Villa were there for the taking, especially without Grealish.

T

TheConcourse

Don’t know. I’m conflicted.

Part of me thinks Nuno is just keeping us safe. Another part of me thinks we have some really dangerous players that are 10 yards deeper than we should be.

Another one half performance.

Spoiler: we look better on the front foot.

Is it because our attacking players are explosive and can’t manage sprints for 90 minutes?

Genuinely at a loss.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are the most boring team in the PL. Nuno needs replacing at the end of the season, we really are the most embarrassingly boring team in the whole world to watch, it’s snoozeworthy

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
So negative, yes negative not cautious in the first half.
I'm beginning to fall off the fence and starting to think a change of management won't be such a bad thing.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible finish by coady - twice

saiss is unlucky . It’s a reaction. He shouldn’t have even had the chance . It’s a woeful miss by coady.

Bunch of cheats villa are . It’s actually a joke. Traore rolling back onto the pitch. Mginn kicking the ball away 3 times . Trezeguet claiming corners when he’s booted it out . Could go on

Individuals were awful today. The passing from coady jonny semedo dendoncker moutinho was abysmal. You can’t afford the amount of mistakes they made .

Traore took his man on once , in the 95th minute . God knows what he was doing all game

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers for everything Nuno but you’ve officially bored me too death. Kindly take your leave and go back to your family
Maybe now we are safe he will get a bit more adventurous? Perhaps after a good break with his family he will come back invigorated. I don't see Fosun being as patient next season if our performances are still the same and we are drifting around mid table.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The definition of insanity is seeking the same solutions and expecting a different result.

If I was somebody on the season ticket waiting list, I would phone up the ticket office on Monday and ask to be taken off the list.

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe we havent scored past Villa this season.

Martinez deserves an OBE.

Thoughts:
- Draw probably fair, although we will have been well ahead on xG
- Good to see Coast actually up for set pieces
- Jonny still rusty. Jose really isn't impressing me.
- Our defending against diagonal balls first half was genuinely horrendous, as was our passing accuracy.
- Its been ages since we finished Midtable; I'd forgotten how boring it was. Neither side seemed to care too much about the win.
- Might be an idea for Nuno to start taking the Pre-match team talk. Leaving to the ghost of Terry Connor's clipboard isn't working out too well for us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
First half continued our recent trend of awful first halves where we have been saved by bits of luck that we weren’t getting earlier in the season. Defensively all over the place, midfield giving the ball away continuously and absolutely no cohesion in attack.

Much more intent in the second half and probably should have gone on to win it with two poor misses from Coady (great save on the second to be fair) and an almost unbelievable one from Saiss.

Patricio 6
Dendoncker 5
Coady 6
Saiss 6
Semedo 6
Neves 6
Moutinho 5
Jonny 5
Traore 5
Jose 5
Neto 7

At the end of the last two seasons, I felt we just needed small tweaks in the Summer. Following on from the last 4 months, I think we need a far bigger overhaul.

The only players who I am convinced we need to build around are:

Rui
Semedo, ???, Boly, ???
???, Neves, ???
???, Raul, Neto

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot of people can see that Nuno is shackling this squad and that a new Coach could get more out of them. I have no idea as to why he continues to play for a 0-0 at halftime every single game. It's a weird and self-defeating strategy.
It also puts a defensive mentality into the players, which might explain their lack of urgency and intent until the final 30 minutes of a game.

D

Deleted member 4184

3 more points and please end the season. Hope everyone gets vaccinated and we can have those class days again in the hogs and away....

Rui - 7
Semedo - 8
Donk - 5
Coady - 7
Saiss -2
Jonny -3
Neves -7
Moutinho- 5
Adama -4
Jose -2
Neto- 7

D

Deleted member 5276

A game we should have won. Villa had two attempts that hit the bar and after that nothing. Second half we stepped it up and only Saiss will know how he missed a glorious chance to score.

Rui - Really nothing to do until right at the end of the game then made a good block.
Semedo - mixed bag but not one of his better games.5.5
Coady - Two great chances to score and some good defensive work. 6
Saiss - Started well, then started to give it away too much . 5.5
Dendoncker - Ugh! Today he showed that he's frightened of getting hurt. Had a chance to score and turns his back and then going into tackles in a half hearted nature that usually meant he lost out. Not impressed. 4
Jonny - Did his usual but didn't really support the attack. 6
Neves - Usual. Just get your shooting boots on again please. 6
Moutinho - gave it away too much first half... bulldog second half and instrumental in our improvement. 6
Traore - Disappointing yet again. 5
Neto - Tried but little support 6.5
Jose - Offered nothing. 3
Silva - No real impact.

Villa - They were lucky in that game. Seemed to me every second ball dropped their way. They will consider themselves unfortunate to hit the bar twice but after that very little threat. Much better team than last season but running out of steam I'd say. 5

Ref - OK'ish... nothing dramatic but bought some of the dives/pushes. 6

Nuno - Usual. Another day we win and he's a hero, today we didn't finish our chances and they fell to defenders. Telling. 6

T

TheConcourse

Talk about over reaction..
What’s the counter argument at this point?

We have a full strength team bar Jimenez. What’s the reason for being so negative.

I don’t disagree with you or the other post about Nuno out. I’m on the fence. But part of me thinks this journey may have run its course.

We really do have to get recruitment 100% right in the summer. If we don’t then he’s gone by Christmas and we’re in a relegation fight.

Back
Top Bottom