Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lose on Sunday and Nuno should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t want him but it could be argued he’s doing a hell of a lot better than Nuno with a hell of a lot less money
I was actually being sarcastic, but if you cherish pragmatism then he is your guy. Keeps a limited Burnley side in the premier league year after year and 50/50 his team will finish above Nuno's.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a forum; we discuss things. It's what it's for.
You don't discuss anything, your threads are exactly the same......negative and totally boring. Instead of sitting in your ivory tower throw some suggestions of who you would replace him with and why!. All I will say is be careful what you wish for..

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Some fans really can't deal with things not going well can they? Sort of people who can't deal with anything difficult in real life. ****ing useless buggers.
Nah just the fact that some people can see the bigger picture. Aren’t you fed up of the small time ‘ remember when we were in league one’ mentality. Don’t you want to see wolves win anything significant in your life time? Surely that’s the whole point of playing top elite football?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

You don't discuss anything, your threads are exactly the same......negative and totally boring. Instead of sitting in your ivory tower throw some suggestions of who you would replace him with and why!. All I will say is be careful what you wish for..
I remember loads saying the same when we sacked lambert though, it doesn’t always mean it will get worse.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't thought that Fosun may have given Nuno a keep us up or you go ultimatum, thus he prioritised Sunday. Interesting.
WHAT? You mean that Fosun don't observe the Molineux Mix principle of "credit in the bank"?

I am SHOCKED.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are quite correct, but he looks drained, for whatever reason, personally I would make a change in the summer due to the terrible form and performances for almost a year.
I agree with you entirely, I’ve said it myself. I love Nuno and not seeing him smile is difficult, it’s tough for lots of folks though and it’s not an excuse to **** us over.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah just the fact that some people can see the bigger picture. Aren’t you fed up of the small time ‘ remember when we were in league one’ mentality. Don’t you want to see wolves win anything significant in your life time? Surely that’s the whole point of playing top elite football?

Who are we replacing him with then?

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And all you offer is clichés. You'll be telling us form is temporary but class is permanent in a minute.
And you are being patronising so touché. Instead of trying to belittle what I said why don't you come back with something constructive!..

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any credit Nuno had with the fans has been spunked up a wall with that selection and performance tonight... He needs to go and find solutions somewhere else, the Valencia fans warned us this would happen - Zenga’s win rate and football was more attractive than the the last few months.

He needs to go

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Who are we replacing him with then?
Personally I would wait until the summer.
Go all out for Julen Lopetegui in the summer, fosun’s number one target before nuno but if that fails then there’s Massimiliano Allegri who would be ready available and one upcoming Portuguese manager to look out for is Sporting Lisbon’s manager Rúben Amorim. There’s three off the top of my head.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any credit Nuno had with the fans has been spunked up a wall with that selection and performance tonight... He needs to go and find solutions somewhere else, the Valencia fans warned us this would happen - Zenga’s win rate and football was more attractive than the the last few months.

He needs to go
Zenga's win rate! In the championship...in which it was still shoddy. Aye carumba!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you are being patronising so touché. Instead of trying to belittle what I said why don't you come back with something constructive!..
Says the master of the platitude. Tell me what you think and I'll answer you.

Reaction score
He deserves the start of next season but better he having a good think about recruitment to turn this drab side into an attacking force that can utilise Neto, Traore, Podence and Raul when back. I see that he recognised the need to move to 4 at the back, and we did score more, but the defence became too weak. If lessons can be learnt from this year then there’s hope for us yet, getting fans back in the grounds would be beneficial for the atmosphere and urgency too I think.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Nunos to blame for us cause we're currently 13th in the premier League'. The ludicrousness of that opinion for anyone who has been following Wolves for a long time. Stinks of being overprivileged. Even the most hard hearted Wolves fan can surely at least give him a chance to turn things around with a fresh proper season.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't be at all surprised if it isn't already sorted , Nuno sees the season out and a new bloke comes in , might explain why they didn't spend any serious money in January.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says the master of the platitude. Tell me what you think and I'll answer you.
I am not the one who wants our manager replacing, I was asking the op to come up with suggestions. Where you come into it I don't know.........you hijacker:)

D

Deleted member yltz11841

'Nunos to blame for us cause we're currently 13th in the premier League'. The ludicrousness of that opinion for anyone who has been following Wolves for a long time. Stinks of being overprivileged. Even the most hard hearted Wolves fan can surely at least give him a chance to turn things around with a fresh proper season.
Basically know your place and be thankful. Never strive or dream for more, don’t aim for the stars and you may reach the moon. Just know you position in the food chain and be grateful.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't thought that Fosun may have given Nuno a keep us up or you go ultimatum, thus he prioritised Sunday. Interesting.
Whilst I disagree with many of your points, I completely agree that he should go if we go down.

There's no excuse to get relegated with this squad of players.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically know your place and be thankful. Never strive or dream for more, don’t aim for the stars and you may reach the moon. Just know you position in the food chain and be grateful.

Yep. Let's be honest, most who aim for the stars in life, fall in the gutter.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So just don’t bother then, got it, did you tell your kids that.
Surely we all want Wolves to win the Premier League.

All Brighton fans want them to win the Champions League

Swindon fans want them to get promoted back to the Premier League.

All fans aim high. That's their prerogative.

Football is a zero sum game though. There's no sense in driving out the best manager at Molineux in the last god knows years because 'we aim for the stars". It's essentially platitudinal

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is nonsense. We've taken 4 points out of the last available 6 in the league and hopefully will get into some good form. You can't base this on losing an FA Cup tie with a weakened team.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I disagree with many of your points, I completely agree that he should go if we go down.

There's no excuse to get relegated with this squad of players.
Maybe he was being wise to prioritize the league over the cup. Its his job to make the hard choices.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would wait until the summer.
Go all out for Julen Lopetegui in the summer, fosun’s number one target before nuno but if that fails then there’s Massimiliano Allegri who would be ready available and one upcoming Portuguese manager to look out for is Sporting Lisbon’s manager Rúben Amorim. There’s three off the top of my head.

Good post, and your up and coming Ruben Amorim is a great shout, he might know how to get the best out of his namesake "our" Ruben..

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Surely we all want Wolves to win the Premier League.

All Brighton fans want them to win the Champions League

Swindon fans want them to get promoted back to the Premier League.

All fans aim high. That's their prerogative.

Football is a zero sum game though. There's no sense in driving out the best manager at Molineux in the last god knows years because 'we aim for the stars". It's essentially platitudinal
What’s the point in football if the aim isn’t to win or dream at least. May as well give up

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't agree with this at all, if we're in this position this time next year then maybe we could start asking the questions about Nuno hitting a ceiling with the team and what that means for our future, but he's got more than enough good will in the bank after what he's done for us to have a below-par season imo, especially one that has had so many extenuating circumstances as to why.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I don't understand your point?

We all want to win and dream. Every fan of every club in every league. So what?
So if your happy just to survive in the premier league under Nuno playing the most boring anti football ever that’s your choice. I’d rather see attacking football trying to win even if we lose and if that takes a roll of the dice and our best manager in my lifetime at least goes then so be it. That goes for players as well. It’s about wanting to be the best and trying to achieve it no matter what.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A provocative OP (and I would expect nothing less). Look at the response though... it’s sparked a debate...

I’m massively pro Nuno and wouldn’t even think about sacking him just yet. But, I’ve just been in a zoom meeting with my Wolves supporting mates and there is genuine anger and dismay at our performances and development this season. As good as the first 3 years were, this season has been highly frustrating and very disappointing. These are all long time Wolves supporters, level headed folk. But when they’re as ****ed off as they were tonight, it’s mad me stop and think a bit. Things ain’t great.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if your happy just to survive in the premier league under Nuno playing the most boring anti football ever that’s your choice. I’d rather see attacking football trying to win even if we lose and if that takes a roll of the dice and our best manager in my lifetime at least goes then so be it. That goes for players as well.
Ok fair enough. I'm just so used to Wolves being ****e that any season in which we are in the Premier League is viewed as a positive in my eyes.

I'll never forget what Roy Hodgson said when they beat us 5-1: be careful what you wish for.

I'm.always averse to changing managers (aside from Saunders), but I don't see the logic in removing Nuno.

Maybe I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I can't agree with this at all, if we're in this position this time next year then maybe we could start asking the questions about Nuno hitting a ceiling with the team and what that means for our future, but he's got more than enough good will in the bank after what he's done for us to have a below-par season imo, especially one that has had so many extenuating circumstances as to why.
You’d wait another 38 games plus watching the current performance levels. Must be a sucker for punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom