Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lose on Sunday and Nuno should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is there to question?
He could of made it a private donation. We've all done that, well I have. Not on the scale of that donation he made, of course. But why does he need to publicise it? I tell you why. To make us fans a wee bit more forgiving about this car crash of a season and the **** that happened around team selection today and the resulting non-performance!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm totally gutted tonight. Nuno will put the full side out on Sunday in the hope we can move up to 13th. FFS 13th? This is the game he should have prioritised, not Sunday. We could have beaten that lot tonight. He got it wrong, like he's getting so much wrong. He can't get us to play football and 13th/16th is about where we are now. This is the limit under Nuno and he's shown today he's lost the plot and he's out of ideas.
Keep saying what you are saying because you are spot on. Ignore the people who abuse you, they have no counter arguments. Wolves have become turgid, boring and almost unwatchable. In 12 months Nuno has undone all the great work he did in the first three years. Something is seriously wrong, I don't know exactly what, but I just don't see him arresting the slide, he doesn't seem to know what to do, and the players look uninterested. Teams have worked us out and he doesn't seem to have an alternative plan.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WTF! Read the ****ing posts tonight! My god I am ****ed off with what happened tonight! FFS. I love the FA Cup. Have done, since watching my first cup final in 1970 and loved it ever since, even though we've never won it in that time!
An FA Cup without fans. Pointless.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Keep saying what you are saying because you are spot on. Ignore the people who abuse you, they have no counter arguments. Wolves have become turgid, boring and almost unwatchable. In 12 months Nuno has undone all the great work he did in the first three years. Something is seriously wrong, I don't know exactly what, but I just don't see him arresting the slide, he doesn't seem to know what to do, and the players look uninterested. Teams have worked us out and he doesn't seem to have an alternative plan.

Plus 1

Absolutely, bang... On.. The.. Money.

No argument.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering the OT remarks, @Big Nosed Wolf , I think you pose a good question and I think it should be answered.
I‘ll watch.

He does pose a good question, so what pray has gone radically wrong, as this is no where near what we've accustomed to.

Surely, it's not all down to Covid-19.......?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great bloke but football is a cruel business. High rewards but no compassion. He seems to have lost his mojo and once that happens the players lose faith. Assuming Fosun demand improvement he needs to go.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

He does pose a good question, so what pray has gone radically wrong, as this is no where near what we've accustomed to.

Don’t forget Brexit that has to be used as well

top fox wolf

Reaction score
He's taken us as far as he can. He has no 'solutions'. We've been **** for 12 months now and with the players he's got that's a disgrace. I think he's out of ideas and time for a new face to take this group on.
I have to agree with you a totally spineless performance from a team wearing the old gold why start with a weakened team from the off your only two games away from the final if you win .thank you NUNO for what you and your backroom guys have done but for what ever reason wherever it is covid families which i can understand but at the end of the day you are a manager of a PREMIER team and what we are seeing this season is not good enough who ever sanctioned Fabio Fabio silly should be sacked he will never become a decent no 9 hes just bang average its time for change now .

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs his family.
And fans....

He has said repeatedly that without fans the game is pointless.

Between the pair I am amazed the strength the guy has shown to keep going.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And fans....

He has said repeatedly that without fans the game is pointless.

Between the pair I am amazed the strength the guy has shown to keep going.
I'm sure that if I was being paid £2.75 million a year, I'd somehow dig deep and find the inner strength to spend half a year away from the family.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hello. Anyone there?
Mate, you’ve got no chance of a rational or balanced response on here.

And to play devils advocate, most of the folk who were putting their own hard earned money on Wolves to go down not two weeks ago, now have a problem with Nuno making the decision to prioritise the league games. Funny that. Zero points from the next 6 league games some of you said.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure that if I was being paid £2.75 million a year, I'd somehow dig deep and find the inner strength to spend half a year away from the family.
Think it's probably a bit more than that mate.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, we’re not playing like we used to but it’s hardly radically wrong. It’s a bit of a stumble, is all.
Imo, having been a Wolves fan for over half a century, it’s only a small stumble....not even a big one.
Not even a trip with a knee grazing.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or are they going through a tough time and need patience to get through it? Only time will tell
You need a lot of patience for this period of decline. This is a tough time, are there any signs of coming out of it? I am not convinced there are, how long should we go in this state?

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
I don’t hear much talk of ‘the project’ anymore so I’m starting to think this has run it’s course. I reckon Nuno has agreed to steer the ship for the remainder of the season as it may not be that simple to find the right replacement but he’s going through the motions, if he’s here at the start of next season I will be shocked. The mandate has to be to keep us up by whatever is necessary even if that means at the expense of the cup.
No way could Fosun even consider selling up if in the championship and I’ve got a feeling that isn’t too far away.
It might sound like an over reaction to another turgid defeat but we’re light years from the 2017 & 2018 seasons in terms of on and off the field.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your happy with the general performances this season
This has been our worst season under Nuno. Still probably, outside of Nuno's first three seasons, our best season at least since Kenny J missed out on the playoffs.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right BNF with your original comments, so for what reasons has there been such a radical change in form as I can't fathom this out at all ?

I've given a few of my musiings on this on the verdict thread. Who really knows? There are lots of examples of clubs coming good with the right people. Including our own in the early fifties when after two seasons of finishing bottom half of the table we won the league.

Surely after the last forty years of 'nearly boom' and 'nearly bust' at the club this bloke is the best to stick with after the last 3 years. It hasn't just been good it's been outstanding progress in such a short space of time.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

This has been our worst season under Nuno. Still probably, outside of Nuno's first three seasons, our best season at least since Kenny J missed out on the playoffs.
So are you happy with how we are playing?

I genuinely think Jacket would get more out of this current crop of players.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, you’ve got no chance of a rational or balanced response on here.

And to play devils advocate, most of the folk who were putting their own hard earned money on Wolves to go down not two weeks ago, now have a problem with Nuno making the decision to prioritise the league games. Funny that. Zero points from the next 6 league games some of you said.
No one is demanding that we win.

We're demanding that we TRY.

He threw the Villa game in the cup. I don't agree with it still, but we were in Europe, had the FA Cup to come and were competing for a top 6 finish.

Now, what? He's thrown the game, which he did by this selection, let's not pretend otherwise, and for what? For nothing.

James Henry, Bakary Sako & Nouha Dicko at the time was more effective than this front three tonight - for anyone who thinks me saying he threw the game is too strong.

It was disgusting.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need a lot of patience for this period of decline. This is a tough time, are there any signs of coming out of it? I am not convinced there are, how long should we go in this state?
Not really, it's just a lot of football fans have no patience. Are you 100% sure he can't get us going again? If not then I don't think you get rid of the best manager I've ever seen at Wolves

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with your anger but you're going at this in the wrong way.

Who cares about Sunday? If we win Sunday, does it magically make tonight alright? No chance. **** Sunday.

Tonight was an embarrassment, it was shameful. We threw the game with that XI.

I saw someone put this on Facebook and it was right, we had a BETTER front three in League One. It's a fact.

We need to know why Nuno is deliberately sending out a team that he knows won't score. Why didn't he make the subs at half-time?

**** Sunday. The season is over.

Thanks for those words BSK. Tbh I haven't bothered reading all this because, like Brexit, people have positions on here and they don't change. Nuno's been here 4 years now, which is a decent length for managers these days, but when you think back 18 months to how we used to play, to where we are now, something is very, very wrong. I don't know whether us old uns have more love and reverence for the Cup Cup but tonight Nuno really said to us all '**** you' and '**** the Cup' which is pretty much the final straw for me. It's even worse when you find out we would have played Bournemouth in the quarters. For me, he's got to go, either now, after Sunday or, at worst in the Summer. We can't just carry on like this. ;it's beyond a joke.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel he should be given till the summer, I think our squad is going to need quite the rebuild come summer, as I feel we will lose the likes of Neves,Neto,Traore potentially. I think if we aren’t seeing grass roots appearing by the summer maybe approach the idea of a new manager then who will also hopefully have the opportunity to bring in the replacements he feels we need for his style of play?

I also think it’s more likely Nuno walks himself than be sacked, looks half the man of previous seasons

Focke Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If you put your head above the pulpit you're going to get shot at . I don't agree with the Sunday bit, but I would think there's a lot of people on here who agree with the Op's sentiments. Ranieri got sacked the season after he won the league for the 5000 - 1 underdogs. Why should Nuno be exempt from criticism or the chop if the team's not playing well. You could say that he's had a lot of big injuries in a small squad, but you could balance that out with he's paid a lot of money for players who simply aren't ready. With a small squad we need players who are fully formed and who can hit the ground running now, and not need to be tutored for two years in case they make it. Regardless of how you view anything that's topical about Nuno, football is a results based business, and we can't score enough goals and win enough games at the moment. We played well against Leicester but didn't win. The performances generally speaking are pretty sterile and devoid of ideas in attack and the league doesn't lie. It would be stupid if all options weren't, considered regarding Nuno, whether they be to keep him or ask him to leave.

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he was trying to curry favour with us in doing that. I think it was a genuinely altruistic act. Not heroic by any stretch but thoroughly decent.

We did go out with a whimper but who cares, the cup means nothing this season. If results improve a bit in the league I'll feel okay about Nuno sticking around.

I actually had not thought about that, if we had got to the final and even won it and not been able to go i would have been far more gutted than I am tonight.

Cheered me up no end!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t hear much talk of ‘the project’ anymore so I’m starting to think this has run it’s course. I reckon Nuno has agreed to steer the ship for the remainder of the season as it may not be that simple to find the right replacement but he’s going through the motions, if he’s here at the start of next season I will be shocked. The mandate has to be to keep us up by whatever is necessary even if that means at the expense of the cup.
No way could Fosun even consider selling up if in the championship and I’ve got a feeling that isn’t too far away.
It might sound like an over reaction to another turgid defeat but we’re light years from the 2017 & 2018 seasons in terms of on and off the field.
The Project is over. No one person or one thing to blame, its just what it is. Football, like life, seems attritional now. Just get Sean Dyche in now and give him the funds from Neves, Adama and Neto to invest.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, we’re not playing like we used to but it’s hardly radically wrong. It’s a bit of a stumble, is all.
Imo, having been a Wolves fan for over half a century, it’s only a small stumble....not even a big one.
Not even a trip with a knee grazing.

Respect your thoughts Vancouver, but this "stumble" has been going on for a while.
If you said to me everything would be normal again with the return of Raul I'd be more than happy, but it seems a tad more ingrained than that as too many players are miss firing which has to be a concern for all.

I think we're all hoping that it works itself out and suddenly as if by magic we start playing the type of football we enjoyed previous.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
That team selection was a disgrace tonight. How he didn’t change the team at half time is inexcusable. We’ve just become stale and very predictable.

I don’t think nuno has the mentality to take us to the next level and we will never get there with him in charge. Look at his previous jobs, they all follow a similar pattern. Personally I think he gets until the end of the season and then I see fosun pulling the trigger.

You can’t afford to be sentimental in football. Look at Lampard and Ranieri, perfect examples.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't thought that Fosun may have given Nuno a keep us up or you go ultimatum, thus he prioritised Sunday. Interesting.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

These posts that are questioning Nuno's charitable donation are the lowest of the low. You do not have one millionth of the humanity and humility of our manager. I think they are some of the worst comments I've ever read on here.
They’re the same people who stick their noses out of their masks and fly tip down your local lane.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Feel he should be given till the summer, I think our squad is going to need quite the rebuild come summer, as I feel we will lose the likes of Neves,Neto,Traore potentially. I think if we aren’t seeing grass roots appearing by the summer maybe approach the idea of a new manager then who will also hopefully have the opportunity to bring in the replacements he feels we need for his style of play?

I also think it’s more likely Nuno walks himself than be sacked, looks half the man of previous seasons
I’m up for giving him till the summer but **** me if Neto, Neves and Traore leave we are in an even worse position as I can’t see us signing anyone that hasn’t just learnt how to shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom