Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 3 relegation spots -who's going down ?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. I can't prove it, but the impression I get is that the most "personal" insults are directed at those who express a negative opinion on anything to do with the club. Maybe understandable?
1) im not convinced thats true
2) There are some posters who have NEVER posted anything positive about us. These ones should be called out, it just makes the place ridiculous.

I actually find the latter almost psychotic to be honest. I mean if the wolves game me so much anguish 24/7 id just pack it in.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept, do you seriously want an apology for my "tone"??

Why do I have to re-asses my opinion? Because you think I should?

I dont have to agree with you, I dont have to take your opinion on board in the same way you clearly dont take mine on board. Just put me on your ignore list if I offend you so much.
No, you have to re-assess your opinion because it was SPECTACULARLY WRONG already.

I'm basically wondering when the penny will drop. The point was, I hoped the penny would drop after we lost to Albion.

Genuinely, when would you reassess your opinion? If we lost three more games in a row? Five? Seven? Obviously, we don't want that to happen, just wondering.

I don't put anyone on ignore, I'm not offended.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, because we're not playing well.

It's very simplistic to think our issues are just the points. It's the form, it's the trend. We have shown 18th placed over the last 15 games. That's longer than a 'blip'.

Fulham have drawn seven in 10. If just two or three of them go their way, which they easily could (Loftus-Cheek last minute clearance off line against Brighton, Reid misses a sitter at 1-0 vs Albion), then the gap is closer. Then, we have to play them.

If we were playing well, people would look up. Right now, there is a genuine concern that we won't win 4/5 more games. And, when you've won 1 in your last 10, that's a legitimate concern!
Theres a whole lot of If if if's in there again.

As my dear dad would say "if your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle"

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's very simplistic to think our issues are just the points. It's the form, it's the trend. We have shown 18th placed over the last 15 games. That's longer than a 'blip'.

Fulham have drawn seven in 10. If just two or three of them go their way, which they easily could (Loftus-Cheek last minute clearance off line against Brighton, Reid misses a sitter at 1-0 vs Albion), then the gap is closer. Then, we have to play them.

If we were playing well, people would look up. Right now, there is a genuine concern that we won't win 4/5 more games. And, when you've won 1 in your last 10, that's a legitimate concern!
If Donk or Silva had taken a few of the chances we missed we wouldn't be having this debate right now...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before big Sam....

P 13 W 1 D 1 L 8 Pts 7 average pts 0.54

After big Sam...

P 8 W 1 D 2 L 5 Pts 5 average pts 0.63

To reach 35 points they need 6 wins and 4 draws from 17 games at an average of 1.91 per game.

I'm not saying they can't or won't do it but it looks unlikely.
And Sheff Utd need an even bigger uplift...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, you have to re-assess your opinion because it was SPECTACULARLY WRONG already.

I'm basically wondering when the penny will drop. The point was, I hoped the penny would drop after we lost to Albion.

Genuinely, when would you reassess your opinion? If we lost three more games in a row? Five? Seven? Obviously, we don't want that to happen, just wondering.

I don't put anyone on ignore, I'm not offended.
I got the albion prediction wrong, christ send me to winson green. So did the bookies, the pundits, even most albion fans.

Why is my opinion so precious to you? I dont get why you feel the need to try and get me to agree with you.

Id reassess my opinion when we actually were in a relegation battle. Currently we arent.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Why can’t that logic be applied to our games against Villa, WBA, Brighton and United? All games that we deserved more that we got? We remove individual errors from those games bar United and it’s totally different results.

Fulham may well all of a sudden turn some draws into wins, but on games played in the division so far, it seems it’s going to be tough for them.

Imagine being that Fulham side playing well and it still not being enough. If they get another 7 points from their next 10, they still don’t catch us. That’s assuming we lose 10 on the bounce.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Behave yourself. Liverpool and Everton nailed on for relegation but I'm surrounded by Leicester fans here. WBA can have their spot!

As you are in Rutland, I thought there might be a few Posh fans near you...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newbie here

Its a good job there are three / four extremely poor sides in that bottom five or we could have been dragged in.

We wont be though so time to build with the transition.
Showing, despite your name, remarkable commonsense.... Like it. How long you will retain that on the Mix though.... Hope that tonight is your maiden Mix win.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is one up now so you can vote no :)

Your opinion doesn't really bother me but don't dish it out kid if you can't take it with other posters .

Lift and sweep kid . See you back here in about an hour or two to see what the percentage is for yes and no . Lift and sweep :)
How's the carpet lifting gone? I've got a brush if you need it. Seems plenty agree with me on the poll.

Shops shut in a bit if you need to go and get some tena ladies

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Sheffield United & the Albion are nailed on and are just too far adrift and for me its between Fulham and Brighton. Im going for Fulham as 14 points from 20 games means they probably need 21 more from 18 to have a fighting chance and thats an extremely tall order.

34 will keep you up easily this season in my view.

Same 3 still for me ...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry?

Would you like an away trips of the 70s and 80s competition to see who’s a wolves fan?

I’ll start. Where did they keep milk floats in the concourse under the away end in 1982?
Perhaps l wasn't clear. I don't doubt for one minute that you are a Wolves fan and wasn't trying to imply that you were a Baggie. l'm sorry if it came over or could be read that way.

It was a generic comment against that lot which l also posted elsewhere tonight.

Oh, l was 4 in 1967 when l went to my first Molineux match so another old un.... My 4 year old daughter's first match, at less than 1, was Flum in the Chump promotion season...

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Sheff U win all the way. Let the **** go down in rock bottom place and stink out the Chump!
I’m all for them taking points off each other and keeping the impressive gap to the other 17 teams tbh. Have a good rivalry historically with several Sheff Utd fans on a personal level, so delighted to see their form (until recently!)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m all for them taking points off each other and keeping the impressive gap to the other 17 teams tbh. Have a good rivalry historically with several Sheff Utd fans on a personal level, so delighted to see their form (until recently!)
They were good lads at the play off final. A proper old club...

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Perhaps l wasn't clear. I don't doubt for one minute that you are a Wolves fan and wasn't trying to imply that you were a Baggie. l'm sorry if it came over or could be read that way.

It was a generic comment against that lot which l also posted elsewhere tonight.

Oh, l was 4 in 1967 when l went to my first Molineux match so another old un.... My 4 year old daughter's first match, at less than 1, was Flum in the Chump promotion season...
My dad was an Albion fan and my first game was when I was six in 1968 Albion against orient.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were good lads at the play off final. A proper old club...
On t’other hand I was born within spitting distance of Bramall Lane, it’s probably my third-most visited away ground and I remember many away end chants post 2004 of ‘we saw you crying at Cardiff’.

I’m sure we all have similar stories of non-conventional rivalries, they are mine.

D

Deleted member 8913

Don’t know who is going down but at least two of Blunts ,Baggies and Foolham...one could catch Newcastle ...burn key and Brighton should escape...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad was an Albion fan and my first game was when I was six in 1968 Albion against orient.
How did you end up as a Wolves fan? As a kid in Shropshire l went with my old man to Wolves one week and Salop the next.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know really - something about the first time I walked out of the ‘tunnel’ onto the south bank - colours so bright - I just knew that was where I should be....
Congratulations on your good taste!

North Bank

Reaction score
That's a huge upturn in our form, 7 points from the next 5 when we have got only 6 points from the last 11 matches. What do you think is going to cause this dramatic upswing in our fortunes? Is Jose *that* good?

3 of those opponents are in good form. Newcastle and Southampton are our best chances. Leeds and Arsenal will be out for revenge.. We could scrape a win, or keep it tight and get maybe 3 draws. So I'd have us down for 3 or 4 points from those matches. And that is still an improvement over the last 5 or 6 matches.

I'd be genuinely amazed if we get 7 points from that lot, as we aren't going to achieve that playing like we have been. It would require a total transformation and I don't see that happening.

Or an incredible stroke of luck like last night to get the confidence back?

I’m not saying i predicted anything like that happening but we were due a scrappy/fortunate win somewhere along the way. Not a lot has gone our way this season so last night could just be the spark.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
It still looks like the current bottom 3 to go down to me - Blades Baggies and Fulham - unless something incredible happens - COYW

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have been 4-1 down at halftime Steve Bulls Knackers . Yes great win and we needed it .

Also look at the poll and yes significantly and above are a higher percentage than no . Even if you split the yes slightly it woul be about 40/60 . So unless you are doing the daily briefing figures you might want to get the bush out .

Sweeeeep Knackers sweeeeep
Isn't amazing how you are so fast to appear after a defeat and so slow after a win.... "Name and nature" indeed!
Oh, and re your poll l wonder what the figures might look like if it had started today....

D

Deleted member 4008

Isn't amazing how you are so fast to appear after a defeat and so slow after a win.... "Name and nature" indeed!
Oh, and re your poll l wonder what the figures might look like if it had started today....
Sweep the figures under the carpet there WW didn't you :) :) :)

Move over nothing to see here bury my head in the sand.

If you look at my posts I was happy last night but that was one game and we have many left this season unless the season has ended today ?

Back
Top Bottom