Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno OUT

• Thread starter Deleted member 11157
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The penalties were given by a referee who was asked to make a decision.

This was because of the actions of our defenders.

Oliver wouldn't have been able to give the penalties if Boly and Coady hadn't touched their forwards, which neither needed to do.
Decent points but I fail to see how neither the ref nor VAR thought Gibbs virtually catching the ball in the area wasn't a clear handball. Standing like a drinks waiter is not having your arms in a natural position.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh ok then - we should get rid of Fosun then yeah??
Not at all. Overall they've been great, but they've had some bad misses in the transfer market over the last 2 years too and Jeff is more culpable here than Nuno. I was responding to your post suggesting Nuno had blown the transfer kitty when that, imo, is a false narrative.

This summer was a great opportunity to sell a few players and reinvest to strengthen the team but we sold the wrong guy and could have spent 70m far, far more effectively than on Semedo and Silva, which was driven by Jeff and Mendes much more than Nuno I feel.

Fwiw, I think we should have recruited a proper Sporting Director early in the summer with fresh ideas and a big contact book rather than rely on Shi and Mendes to do the recruitment.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is too weak. But, why are some of you reacting now?

The squad was too weak as soon as the window shut. It was shown up when the injuries arrived.

You're all going extra because it's West Brom, which I understand. However, we ONLY lost this game because of Oliver. That's it.

That doesn't mean it hurts less. I'm with you all. But you're lashing out on the wrong person. We passed the ball better, we created more chances, we had more of the play, but we lost.

That happens in football, and you have to take it on the chin.

It happened today because the ref gave TWO inexplicable penalties, the second on is actually inexcusable. HE cost us. That doesn't mean we were perfect, it doesn't mean we were good, but if that cheat does his job, we win the game.

Instead, you're reacting to the wrong person.

NUNO IN
I don't want nuno gone by any means.

But I'm not having that it's the squad being too weak that we lost today, or drew against Brighton. Some of this is on Nuno.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun wont sack Nuno. Too expensive.

But at the very least Shi needs to make some public statements supporting him.

I think Nuno could walk though, the guy looks shattered. And i am not convinced it would do that much damage to his rep if he quìt. IMO his next job will be in Portugal or Spain and they wont be too bothered with how things ended at wolves.

Add Covid into the mix, etc and the odds dont loom all that long.

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
It's one thing to think he should be sacked, but it is ludicrous to think he should be sacked without a specific, well-regarded, long-term replacement in mind.

You fire Nuno blindly and next thing you know Wolves could be in a revolving door situation at manager for years like SO MANY football clubs.

The performances have not been good lately, but there have also been an astonishing number of "WTF?!" moments on the pitch. The combination of poor play, a shallow squad, and occasionally ferocious bad luck have led to a relatively absurd stretch.

I'm not willing to blame Nuno to the extent that he is fired. Honestly, things like Moutinho's idiotic foul at Brighton, Semedo's idiotic foul vs. Villa, all three questionable West Brom goals today... Folks want Nuno fired in part because of stupid split-second decisions on the pitch that no manager can avoid?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ĺl
Mate, one picture that was towards the end of the foul.......

boly hits the back of his leg inside the box which initiates the foul, then catches his foot. A CLEAR PENALTY

The second one Connor took him out, PENALTY
Second penalty was the direct result of a goal kick when Wolves should have had a free kick on the edge of the area, YES?

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score
Coady the ballerina
Boly ***

A squad severely lacking testosterone.

It was good. Time for a change.

Embarrassing.

I wonder how some people react when things don’t go their way in normal life.

Yes we’re all very disappointed, yes we were pants, the worst since Nuno took over and it’s an awful run. It’s concerning for everyone.

But knee jerk reactions like this, after the three years we’ve had so far under this coaching team and ownership.....you need a sense of perspective.

we need to return to 3 at the back, we need reinforcements.....but he and his coaching team deserve time.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's one thing to think he should be sacked, but it is ludicrous to think he should be sacked without a specific, well-regarded, long-term replacement in mind.

You fire Nuno blindly and next thing you know Wolves could be in a revolving door situation at manager for years like SO MANY football clubs.

The performances have not been good lately, but there have also been an astonishing number of "WTF?!" moments on the pitch. The combination of poor play, a shallow squad, and occasionally ferocious bad luck have led to a relatively absurd stretch.

I'm not willing to blame Nuno to the extent that he is fired.
Jorge was touting him to other clubs, I am sure Jorge would have had a replacement lined up for
Him on his manager carousel to match the players one lol

dennison11

Reaction score
Can't imagine Nuno being sacked, can see him walking though wether its this week or at the end of the season

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should all turn off.
Have a cup of tea with your nearest and dearest, thank the Lord that they are still safe and well, (and I sincerely hope that they are,) and then tune in again tomorrow.
You know it makes sense. It’s only a football match and people are dying out there.
post of the day for me

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno stays for me, but he urgently needs to sort this out. We can't keep shipping goals like this. Today was a complete embarrassment, especially off the back of a complete turd of a performance on Tuesday.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, one picture that was towards the end of the foul.......

boly hits the back of his leg inside the box which initiates the foul, then catches his foot. A CLEAR PENALTY

The second one Connor took him out, PENALTY
'took him out'.

That is a complete load of rubbish.

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score
Should go as not the same manager last season . Will be highly embarrassing to the club not beating a team that has only won one game against a team worse than them

You’re right mate, we should have sacked him when we lost at home to Huddersfield....they didn’t beat anyone else, and it’s been all downhill from there hasn’t it....

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Nuno is the best manager we've had in years. I think he's encountering an abject 'perfect storm' at the moment, with the covid situation and injuries.
I think it would be a crying shame if his reign is curtailed, by covid particularly. Rather than seeing a permanent decision made, I wonder if a sabbatical and a caretaker position could in any way be a practical solution.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just saw on Tim Spiers Twitter someone asking him if any truth Nuno is to be sacked imminently with a story link?

The guy who posted it has FBPE in their Twitter name, so it’s safe to say it’s been posted by a fantasist

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want nuno gone by any means.

But I'm not having that it's the squad being too weak that we lost today, or drew against Brighton. Some of this is on Nuno.
What's on Nuno today?

We had more possession, more shots, more chances, more everything. We were by far superior, but the ref cost us.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Jorge was touting him to other clubs, I am sure Jorge would have had a replacement lined up for
No he wasn't it was bull**** reporting..

I think you are the most antagonizing poster wanting him out...

You need to calm yourself down and have a break...

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he should be sacked. However he needs to realise that we are in big trouble. He needs to go back to basics with 5 at the back. We also need to add in the window. If we dont then this is only heading in one direction. The situation is very bleak.

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
Possibly, but it's just about staying up at this point. I'd rather see the team stay up with Nuno because it actually figured some things out as opposed to getting a temporary "new manager" adrenaline bump that's ultimately deceiving.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he wasn't it was bull**** reporting..

I think you are the most antagonizing poster wanting him out...

You need to calm yourself down and have a break...
How do you know it is bull ****?

arteta was looking weak, Jorge may have seen a chance to make some money to put one of his guys into the frame should they have sacked arteta.

football at prem level is a business as much as it is a sport and he is a master agent.....

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, pretty obvious it was a mistake and I meant Boly ffs.

First one outside the box, second one not a foul.
First was not outside the box, as Leamwolf has pointed out.

The problem was NOT Oliver. We had Boly failing to shepherd his opponent wide - look at the direction the play was going in. Then we had Coady in contact with the attacker who had his back to goal. Neither attack was really threatening the goal at the times of the fouls.

**** poor defending, not **** poor refereeing.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the time for FOSUN to back Nuno and bring in a quality striker, which is clearly hampering results hugely, and pretty much every person and their dog can see. As I posted on another thread it doesn't make financial sense not to. Each place in the Prem is worth 2m and failing to act raises the probability of relegation by a material probability (which, fwiw, would wipe 100m+ off FOSUN's investment)

Sacking Nuno would be the most counter-productive thing FOSUN could possibly do. I pretty much guarantee it would trigger a death spiral faster than you could say 'Terry Connor is a Wanderer'. Even if we weren't relegated, half the squad would be offski in the summer with no Nuno and team at the helm and FOSUN would conceivably look to move on too I think. Sacking Nuno would be greeted with corks popping across the bottom 6 that's for sure.

Now is the time for the players, staff and fans to come together and fight through the bad patch rather than do the opposite. It really is as our captain will be saying and doing over the coming weeks!

Great post, and spot on

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But if the job is the cause of his mental health issues, should he still be here?

As the lack of crowds and not being in the same country as his family is caused by football/the job, then he needs to resign for his mental health.

but he can’t go home he would just be here sitting on it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First was not outside the box, as Leamwolf has pointed out.

The problem was NOT Oliver. We had Boly failing to shepherd his opponent wide - look at the direction the play was going in. Then we had Coady in contact with the attacker who had his back to goal. Neither attack was really threatening the goal at the times of the fouls.

**** poor defending, not **** poor refereeing.
Where is the proof the first one was inside?

Coady did NOT foul him.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume you're joking
Well did Connor touch him while he was standing - YES

did said touch result in the player hitting the deck - YES

That means he took him off his feet......

do you need a drawing or picture book for the basics of movement?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well did Connor touch him while he was standing - YES

did said touch result in the player hitting the deck - YES

That means he took him off his feet......

do you need a drawing of the basics of movement?
WUM

Ask Loftus Cheeks uncles brother's friends dog. He'll tell you it was a dive

D

Deleted member 4008

I think the question will be if fosun don't want to keep investing then Nuno will go. The problem we have though is Nuno if backed needs to get a bigger squad . So I think it will be a tough few months .

I hate to say it but you could see this coming from recent performances but to have the **** put 3 past us is not great .

Spend some money fosun and Shi like I said earlier in the week where are you . Nuno or not this team needs improving to get mid table never mind top 7.

We dropped lucky on Raul that's all I will say . Without him over the last 2 seasons we would be where we are now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom