Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

For ****'s sake... sign a striker and stop making excuses

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just that. We are playing with ten men. Plus Cutrone is unfit and many doubts about whether he can contribute much at all. Either loan or purchase but we must sign a player who can act as a focus for the attack. Nuno we love you but if you don't sign someone and continue to persevere with an utterly zero threat in the opposition penalty area then I am afraid you will deserve all the brickbats coming to you. It is absolutely ridiculous that no proper replacement and future complementary striker has been found in Jiminez's long term absence. We are falling down the table. Yes injuries. But Everton had a lot of injuries, other teams have been devastated by injuries. The squad is too thin and there is too much inexperience. Continue like this and we will lose our crown jewels this summer in the shape of Neves, Neto and Traore to name but three. Fosun you are playing with fire. I hope you realise this.

By the way Samuels has now been sent back by Bradford just as Niall Ennis was by Burton. So much for the quality of our youth strikers right now.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He wants to, they won't spend.

Just take a step back and look at things logically. Nuno sold Cutrone at almost the first opportunity. He was gone, and everyone thought it was a permanent deal.

Fast forward and he's now the answer? You'd be dubious if Cutrone had gone on to score 15-20 goals in a season. The fact he did absolutely nothing in Italy means it's a joke.

Nuno doesn't want this.

He also won't want MGW back. He was sent on loan to Swansea, so he's deemed not good enough, or perhaps not ready. He played FIVE Championship games. That is not enough to merit a recall.

Nuno wouldn't want him back either.

He isn't getting backed in the market.

D

Deleted member 9788

Just take a step back and look at things logically. Nuno sold Cutrone at almost the first opportunity. He was gone, and everyone thought it was a permanent deal.

Fast forward and he's now the answer? You'd be dubious if Cutrone had gone on to score 15-20 goals in a season. The fact he did absolutely nothing in Italy means it's a joke.

Nuno doesn't want this.

He also won't want MGW back. He was sent on loan to Swansea, so he's deemed not good enough, or perhaps not ready. He played FIVE Championship games. That is not enough to merit a recall.

I actually agree with you for a change wearetw

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno doesn't want this.

Then what the **** is going on at our club

Pathetic

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno doesn't want this.

100% this.

For whatever reason (those have already been debated elsewhere), Fosun are reluctant to spend and have been for a while (hence NET zero spend last summer).

Nuno needs our full 100% support. That includes from you Mssrs Guo and Shi.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno doesn't want this.

If Nuno is being lied to by Fosun and denied what he thinks we need then he should walk out and keep some self respect.
Mind you then Fosun would get a yes man in and we wouldn't be any different.

Sanewolf

Reaction score
Fosun spent 35 million on a striker and then told us all he is one for the future.
Fosun now say we cant sign a striker as we have no money as the budget was spent in the summer.

That's like me investing in a lovely expensive house for the future whilst me and the family sitting in a 1 bed flat with 2 kids that isnt fit for purpose right now.

I get Fosun are an investment company but come on lads, are team is going backwards. Are best players wont be here next season if we don't show some ambition. If we finish 16th this season do you think Raul, Neves, Neto, Adama will all be up for sticking around for another season in the hope we turn into a champs league contender next season? Or do you think they will watch Jota lift the premier league and reach champions league final and think i want some of that.

All of this its a transition season is rubbish, you dont finish 7 years on the trot and then get away with finishing 15th the next by calling it a transition season.

Before anyone shouts me down, i know we have injuries etc but every team has its a tough compact season. The fact we have such a small squad is the problem!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’m a big supporter of our policy of investing in youth and watching that blossom over time.

However...

...at this time, I would be completely on board with paying a massive loan fee just to bring in a senior striker to see us through to the end of the season.

Yes, it may be £5m-£10m in ‘dead money’ but that compared to the potential of getting sucked into a relegation battle is absolute peanuts (especially given some of that would be recouped with every additional place we finish higher).

Jovic has gone back to Frankfurt so I guess the realistic options at the moment are players like Origi, King and Rondon. The only way I see us getting sucked into a relegation battle is if we have to go with Silva and Cutrone as our only strikers until the end of the season. To avoid that risk, I’d be more than happy for us to pay what it takes to get one of those players in.

If we take a hit on selling them on afterwards or we don’t pursue the buy option on any loans then so be it. We just have to stay up.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst gutted we’re not bringing a striker in. I kind of can understand why. All clubs revenues are stretched this season and the season might not even finish, so finding the budget might simply not be possible.

I don’t think it’s a case of the board being stubborn, or Nuno being happy with his lot, I genuinely think there just isn’t the funding available.

Now if only we had £35m to spend on a striker... ;-)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a big supporter of our policy of investing in youth and watching that blossom over time.

However...

...at this time, I would be completely on board with paying a massive loan fee just to bring in a senior striker to see us through to the end of the season.

Yes, it may be £5m-£10m in ‘dead money’ but that compared to the potential of getting sucked into a relegation battle is absolute peanuts (especially given some of that would be recouped with every additional place we finish higher).

Jovic has gone back to Frankfurt so I guess the realistic options at the moment are players like Origi, King and Rondon. The only way I see us getting sucked into a relegation battle is if we have to go with Silva and Cutrone as our only strikers until the end of the season. To avoid that risk, I’d be more than happy for us to pay what it takes to get one of those players in.

If we take a hit on selling them on afterwards or we don’t pursue the buy option on any loans then so be it. We just have to stay up.
It's also worth £2-3m a place in the Premier League.

A good striker moves this team up three places quite easily IMO.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to sign someone, or we are risking relegation imo. We are assuming that all of our players will return from injury and everything will be fine, which is a big gamble. Get Josh King, get Divock Origi, whatever. If we don't like them as a long term option then we can reassess and move them on again in the summer but it is absolutely imperative that we sign somebody who walks straight into the team and is capable of scoring a few goals.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read this morning that Nuno has no money to spend.
If this is true you have to wonder if FOSUN have lost interest. You never hear anything from Jeff Shi anymore , he used to be on every form of media. It’s just plain crazy not to sign a striker in the position we are in
We could easily get sucked into a relegation battle and I can see players like Neto and Neves leaving if we carry on showing such a poor level of ambition
Sort it out ffs

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking the mirror as a credible source is hilarious. Giroud was never coming, Hulk was never coming and Costa was never coming. None of these fall into our business model at all.

Where have Fosun said there is no money to spend? If someone can link that for me, that would be brilliant.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno is being lied to by Fosun and denied what he thinks we need then he should walk out and keep some self respect.
Mind you then Fosun would get a yes man in and we wouldn't be any different.
Nuno being lied to by Fosun, thats the best conspiracy theory yet. Hilarious.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we dont sign a proven striker I think we will be relegated or at best come very close to it and then lose our better players in the summer who see we have no ambition.

It is vital this is addressed , simply no excuses.

To say that in the middle of January is being a tad defeatist.

We can assume that Raul won't feature again this season, but on the positive side we do have players returning from injury and a recalled centre forward who is currently working on getting match fit.

Nobody knows how the Summer will pan out, but at least we might get one this time which hopefully will allow for better preparation for the new season.

Keep the faith, we'll be fine.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be looking at a loan as a stop gap. Really should've better invested that £35m we spent on Silva. That money would be extremely useful right now.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still think there is the option there, they had a shortlist remember, the options they want clubs prbs have said give us 10 mil and wages etc

Barkley is costing 15 mil plus 100k at villa

So it's either suck it up and pay or get a lesser option

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
How would the mirror know if we have money to spend or not? It’s pretty ludicrous to think they would
Their just guessing the same as everyone other than nuno and fosun

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah the Mirror know absolutely nothing. Nobody knows anything when it comes to Wolves and their transfer business.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How would the mirror know if we have money to spend or not? It’s pretty ludicrous to think they would
Their just guessing the same as everyone other than nuno and fosun
They said in the summer that we had to sell to buy. They were right.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its pretty obvs that Fosun after the total 70 millionish spend on Semedo and a rookie Wonder kid have closed the bank for now

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I bet when Nuno said we would rebalance the squad this window not many fans thought that would be limited to recalling two players deemed surplus to requirements.
We are scratching around in the dark at the moment with little positives coming out of the club .

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got 4 mil upfront for Jota it's hardly covering the outlay
How do you know we spent everything up front going out?

Even so, say we did. We're still getting £45m for him. Even without Fosun's resources, the money we receive from the TV means we shouldn't be in a position where we can't do deals because we didn't get a transfer fee up front.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do you know we spent everything up front going out?

Even so, say we did. We're still getting £45m for him. Even without Fosun's resources, the money we receive from the TV means we shouldn't be in a position where we can't do deals because we didn't get a transfer fee up front.

I don't,

Only Jeff and Nuno know what in the bank at the moment, maybe it's down to teams over valuing their assets

I.e Haller to Ajax 25 mil worth it?

I'm not sure

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh great another thread knocking the club. Was worried I hadn't seen one for 3 minutes

A great man used to say something about merging once...(@Lupo :( ;) )
Powerless and worried fans shout in to the wind.
Every loss , every drop down the league and people will look for reasons.
Writing on this board is all fans feel they can do. Its human nature.
Consolidation does looks like a good idea but I think,people feel their opinion is being lost.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't,

Only Jeff and Nuno know what in the bank at the moment, maybe it's down to teams over valuing their assets

I.e Haller to Ajax 25 mil worth it?

I'm not sure
Yep, but we're in a desperate situation right now, and everyone knows it.

They only have themselves to blame for that, and the only way it's solved is by getting in a new striker, or they may risk relegation, particularly if we lose Saturday.

IMO, we lose or draw to the **** and we will sign a striker before the window shuts. If we beat them, they'll ride it out until the summer.

D

Deleted member 9788

Powerless and worried fans shout in to the wind.
Every loss , every drop down the league and people will look for reasons.
Writing on this board is all fans feel they can do. Its human nature.
Would these people not support wolves if we got relegated?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would these people not support wolves if we got relegated?
I don’t think that is relevant. -fans want to state their view , even the best supporter .

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep, but we're in a desperate situation right now, and everyone knows it.

They only have themselves to blame for that, and the only way it's solved is by getting in a new striker, or they may risk relegation, particularly if we lose Saturday.

IMO, we lose or draw to the **** and we will sign a striker before the window shuts. If we beat them, they'll ride it out until the summer.

Still need one if we do tbh Cutrone isn't fit yet so we haven't really got a great sample size, but even if it's to give Fabio a rest give him some confidence in the under 23’s etc, he's been thrown in the deep end without being able to swim and is getting his confidence damaged to no end. To protect both Fabio and the club, must happen

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of a sudden the Mirror is the new gospel

Very few clubs will be spending this window. Its obvious we are just getting by til the summer.
It’s not like cash flow is a problem.
Buy when people are selling. That’s the best .

Back
Top Bottom