Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Burnley

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the type of team we have often struggled to break down when playing our usual formation(s) so maybe a game to try 4 at the back again, going to depend on who's available suspensions/injuries to play in midfield

D

Deleted member 5962

Rui
Semedo Kilman Boly Ait-Nouri
Neves
Dendoncker Vitinha
Neto Silva Podence
Think we need our 2 bigger CBs for this to deal with the aerial threat. Would prefer Saiss or Coady over Boly otherwise.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves says nuno has to make solutions for the games

presumably he means he will change to 3 or 4 at the back when necessary.

so pleasing to here that we aren’t rigid to one formation. We do look more comfortable in a 3 but as we know it has its downfalls and we can be so much more creative in 4 2 3 1

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm unsure about this one, a week ago I would have said 4-2-3-1 as that seemed to give us more useful possession in their half but actually with the 3-4-1-2 we employed the other night we actually managed 45% possession against a very good Chelsea team....think I'll leave it to Nuno

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think its interesting that there are 2 or 3 systems most people advocating, shows how far we've fome with our tactical development and squad. It means Dyche has no idea how we are going to set up, he'll be having problems training for that

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can remember when it was a shoe-in we would win at Burnley :)

Boly MUST play against Wood. It's that simple.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is going to get absolutely mauled by Tarkowski and Mee.
Long as he can keep at least one of them occupied though, Neto and Podence will run rings around them. Oh, and some Traore as well just for fun.
If they ignore Silva hoping he’s not a danger, then here’s to hoping he powers in a header from a looping Adama cross.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long as he can keep at least one of them occupied though, Neto and Podence will run rings around them. Oh, and some Traore as well just for fun.
If they ignore Silva hoping he’s not a danger, then here’s to hoping he powers in a header from a looping Adama cross.

They won't run rings around them if there isn't the space in behind. We won't be able to counter attack like V Chelsea. Silva to start, with an attacking trio behind.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They won't run rings around them if there isn't the space in behind. We won't be able to counter attack like V Chelsea. Silva to start, with an attacking trio behind.

I agree with the 4-2-3-1, and that there won’t be space to counter. I’m referring to Burnley’s defenders not liking quick, agile, technical dribblers. (They regularly get pounded by City, Mahrez Sterling and Bernardo have tormented them over the past few years).They can’t double up on Traore, Podence and Neto at the same time.
Reckon a pen for us is a pretty safe bet. Podence didn’t need space in the Chelsea or Arsenal box for his goals. That kind of thing.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
Not sure about injuries as Donk went off, Traore and Boly both pulled-up but played on. At least we have a week to get everyone fit. Would be inclined to play the same team and formation, with the exception of Traore for Silva, assuming everyone is fit. Burnley decent defensively, but not blessed with exceptional pace, so run at them from everywhere.
agree but dont bother crossing the ball in as it will be food & drink to their back 4

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not if we play the ball into his feet he wont. He'll draw a lot of fouls.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RP
Boly Coady Saiss
Traore Neves Dendoncker Ait-Nouri
Podence
Silva Neto

Basically, do our best to force them back early on into a 6-2-2 shape
Semedo on for fabio silva when he inevitably gets knackered, with Traore moving up front towards the end.

Donk gets the shout over Moutinho because he's big and burly, like those horrible northern lads, and I worry whether we have enough biggun's in the side for defending corners since Raul has been out. I guess Mout's should probably come on for either Neto or Podence if we're in charge of the match.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley, v Burnley you say, I'll go

Kendall (rip), Streete, Robertson, Robinson, Bellamy, Robinson, Holmes, Downing, Dennison, Mutch and Bull.

Didn't do to bad last time out.

D

Deleted member 11332

Roger Johnson doesn’t play for Wolves. What a silly comment to make.

Neither would burr if we could find anyone daft enough to take him. We were desperate to ship him out but the only club that wanted him was a Dutch second division side on loan. That tells you all you need to know about how good he is.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley have our number, we've only beaten them once in the last eight meetings. They smother us, bully us, pull us out of shape like plasticine.

If it moves, they kick it. If it doesn't move, they kick it til it moves, then kick it again. The press is ineffective on them because they don't play up and through the midfield, they go direct from deep. They don't leave space in behind. The forwards are proper grunts, all shoulders and concrete boots. They're sly and gritty, and just wear us down.

We need to do something different. If that's four at the back, so be it. Saiss needs to be in there, somewhere, preferably slapping anyone who comes near Neves like knocking slugs off a cabbage. Out set pieces need to be clinical. We need to be prepared to take measured long shots instead of trying to pass through the nettles every time.

It's going to be a horrid game. I could live another fifty years and be happy never to play Burnley again.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither would burr if we could find anyone daft enough to take him. We were desperate to ship him out but the only club that wanted him was a Dutch second division side on loan. That tells you all you need to know about how good he is.
Pointless having a youth system if we can’t use it.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the 4231 BUT I've learned my lesson, back to 343 for me:
Rui
Boly-Coady-Saiss
Semedo-Vitinha-Mouts-Marcal
Adama-Podence-Neto​

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The youth system's intent is to generate its own revenues (selling players to lower league clubs) and not to prepare youth players for our senior team,
I rather thought that it was both. The best come our way, the rest get sold on....

D

Deleted member 11332

Pointless having a youth system if we can’t use it.

I'm all for it, otasowie looked great, I've high hopes for Marques. Burr Wont ever play for us again as he's just not good enough and never will be to play premier League football. I've watched him regularly for the u23s and he doesn't even stand out at that level.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Watching this, Podence needs to be the first name on the team sheet. Burnley’s slow ugly defence is made for him to cause havoc against.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching this, Podence needs to be the first name on the team sheet. Burnley’s slow ugly defence is made for him to cause havoc against.

They’re such a horrible side. If Turf Moor is Jordan North’s happy place, I’d hate to go to his idea of hell!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turf Moor is a horrible place. Even in summer it feels like winter.
The cosmopolitan local fans are so friendly too....

Edited to add: l bet, after the Man City plane stunt, the Burnley board hope that they get no fans in for a while. They must be dreading them booing the knee and the distinct possibility that their own black players might walk off in response.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nine subs now allowed but only three can be brought on. Surely the time to name two of Perry, Corbeanu or Shabani on the bench to give us a few more attacking options?

North Bank

Reaction score
Against teams like Burnley this season we should be lining up as attacking as possible.

4-2-3-1 for me or even 4-2-4 depending how the front line up

Rui
Semedo, Boly, Coady, Marcel
Dendonker, Neves
Traore, Podence, Neto
Fabio

I will add to that though that the switch the a back 4 and Kilman dropping out of the team is such a shame. He was on a great run of form, hopefully it doesn't knock his confidence.

Back
Top Bottom