Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dendonker going?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Check out this guy's posting history. Kessie obsessed.
Maybe he is Kessies partner and therefore definitely ITK though sadly not specific on his exact meaning of the phrase "Kessie is coming ". ;)

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that you are wrong.

I hope so, but this article all but confirms most of my fears: How a soccer agent and Chinese billionaire aimed to trade in players

Fosun partner with Mendes precisely because of how profitable it is to sell on prospects. Especially those acquired for cheap, below market value. Which is what most of our XI was when they first arrived. Fosun know there are so much more money to be made in acquiring the Fabio Silvas of the world and the selling them on as a return on initial investment.

We better get used to it, sadly.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it strange that people seem to think that Jeff is doing the recruiting all on his own.
He's already stated that it's a team effort between Nuno, Scott Sellers and other members of his professional support staff.
Meetings are held on a regular basis and it's Jeff's final signing off of the deal, that seals it.
OK Thellwell hasn't as yet been replaced, but it seems unfair to lay the blame for any missed or dubious deals, solely at Jeff's door.
Just saying.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another twitter user i have on ignore who has 800 followers and makes up rumours.
I am going on the napoi forum to see if i can find anything.
Yeah fake account. Did say lemar for 35m incomming as well

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£18m is clearly a joke. £30m would be around the going rate for a Premier league first teamer and established international of his age, and I still wouldn't sell him unless we had some exceptional talent coming in - which I very much doubt this late in the Window. His Belgian midfield compatriot Tielemans was priced at £40m I believe.Hope as with Jota, something clarifies within next 24 hours. If it does turn into another sale on the cheap like Doc then Jeff Shi and co are in the dock as far as I am concerned. Not that they will care one jot. But hopefully this will all blow over and Dendoncker stays.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course! See post above. £30m would be the going rate imv without any sense of exaggeration taking into account he is an established international and his age, experience and talent.
Think that was posted in parallel. No argument though...

PaddyHopkirk

Reaction score
Unless this is to free up more FFP headroom and we’re getting a much better player in to replace ...

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it strange that people seem to think that Jeff is doing the recruiting all on his own.
He's already stated that it's a team effort between Nuno, Scott Sellers and other members of his professional support staff.
Meetings are held on a regular basis and it's Jeff's final signing off of the deal, that seals it.
OK Thellwell hasn't as yet been replaced, but it seems unfair to lay the blame for any missed or dubious deals, solely at Jeff's door.
Just saying.
Yes I am sure that is correct. But collective idiocy is no better than individual idiocy....assuming they want us to progress this season. But perhaps the Dedonk thing is fantasy and its steady as we go.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I am sure that is correct. But collective idiocy is no better than individual idiocy....assuming they want us to progress this season. But perhaps the Dedonk thing is fantasy and its steady as we go.
I would hardly think that Nuno, Jeff and other members of the 'team' , could be classed as idiots, far from it.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
No idea if true or not, sounds very much like the Jota scenario so won’t discount it.
I have no issues with change or evolution and agree we need to try something new but IF this happens I feel this is too much too soon. Surely we’re not that short of cash that we cant buy without selling and transition smoothly, if it’s because players aren’t happy at that prospect then that’s for NES to manage, that’s part of his job to handle it, other managers have managed to do this with higher profile players in years gone by.
We may also be able to ‘upgrade’ but it doesn’t mean it will have an immediate effect and without even having a pre season to try things out this comes across as very naive to me.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£18m is clearly a joke. £30m would be around the going rate for a Premier league first teamer and established international of his age, and I still wouldn't sell him unless we had some exceptional talent coming in - which I very much doubt this late in the Window. His Belgian midfield compatriot Tielemans was priced at £40m I believe.Hope as with Jota, something clarifies within next 24 hours. If it does turn into another sale on the cheap like Doc then Jeff Shi and co are in the dock as far as I am concerned. Not that they will care one jot. But hopefully this will all blow over and Dendoncker stays.

Late in the window will be the last day,not with a wik to gew.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point. Which is possibly why we are seeing some of our regulars moving on, perhaps it's best all round?

Let's face it, half the team barely moved at all the other night against West Ham :)

How can they revitalise themselves without actually leaving? That would be nice.
My personal opinion - get some new blood in to the team. Then it feels like a fresh start not a continuation of last two seasons.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont want Dendonker to go , I didn’t want Jota to go or Doherty.
But how do you progress if you keep them on the bench and get Podence , Semedo and a top class midfielder to join.
Those guys would be unhappy and it’s unfair to keep them and expensive.

D

Deleted member 11332

He mostly banged the "get them young and develop them" drum. Which means signings that don't immediately improve the team, but do in a years time. I'm not sure whether this is the right approach or not, but you can't argue that he hasn't done anything different to what he said we were going to do.

Think it's sensible but you do need to improve the first team aswell. I don't mind us selling players if we are bringing in better quality like we have with Doherty and think we will if we sell Dendoncker. that's just good business.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I hope so, but this article all but confirms most of my fears: How a soccer agent and Chinese billionaire aimed to trade in players

Fosun partner with Mendes precisely because of how profitable it is to sell on prospects. Especially those acquired for cheap, below market value. Which is what most of our XI was when they first arrived. Fosun know there are so much more money to be made in acquiring the Fabio Silvas of the world and the selling them on as a return on initial investment.

And it is this philosophy that encouraged Fosun to buy the club in the first place, and give us the good times we’re seeing now.

it’s win win. The club has to be successful for the up-and-coming players to want to come, and also to tempt suitors looking to purchase players that are here, for a good profit.

I think that model will bring us rewards as well as sustain and boost the club. We’re a world away from Chorley, and I don’t want to go back there.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would hardly think that Nuno, Jeff and other members of the 'team' , could be classed as idiots, far from it.
No not idiots at all but they have taken a big gamble by letting a very talented young striker in Jota go, spending so much on an untried 18 year old, accepting far too little for Doc (and having to spend over twice the money to replace him) and filling the first team squad with another 18 year old and 20 year old who are clearly not ready to challenge first teamers. Marcal at almost 32 just a stop gap and already injured! Its just not very convincing or rational from a bunch of people who as you say are not idiots. But it feels to me that the misjudgements around Cutrone and Vallejo may be repeating in another rather more dramatic form. But hopefully I am wrong. I am more puzzled than angry because how can anyone say we are stronger at this point in terms of our first XI. Clearly we are not and an injury to Jimenez would really upset the apple cart.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No spiers post either To say no
. Would need a cm replacement ASAP

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont think he is going anywhere to be fair. He doesnt live far from me. I'll go and see if the removal vans are there.
Ask him who is coming in to replace him and also if he agrees with u we should be bringing more players in.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

hasn't exactly cost us though has it? i would take the last three years exploitation over theprevious 37 doing things the other way

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we give credence to a newbie poster who mentions they got the info from another on here who doesn’t want to post it, and some limited Twitter rumours about Napoli? The only reason I can see is because he remained on the bench on Sunday. While that is suspicious , and I thought the same that night, its hardly a smoking gun. Not saying he won’t go, but I see little on this thread to suggest he is off.

Back
Top Bottom