Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibility of crowds up to 50% capacity in 2021

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think will the latest announcements its safe to say the whole season will be behind closed doors now.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think will the latest announcements its safe to say the whole season will be behind closed doors now.
There's not been any announcement yet.

The governments awful way of communicating things just leads to wild ill informed speculation/exaggeration like the rest of your statement.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not necessarily

it just means a max of six in a group - so socially distancing will still happen but family /social groups of six max.

However, I am sure this will mean delay

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Keep to football related please. General covid discussion in the news/current affairs etc section.
Point of order I'm afraid. The two topics are very much intertwined you can't discuss the topic of us being let back into grounds without discussing the Covid19 restrictions and the merits of them. Please don't close down the discussion on here just to keep things neat and tidy. It is very relevant.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Point of order I'm afraid. The two topics are very much intertwined you can't discuss the topic of us being let back into grounds without discussing the Covid19 restrictions and the merits of them. Please don't close down the discussion on here just to keep things neat and tidy. It is very relevant.

It is possible to keep the discussion related to football without going off into a general talk of the virus, and thats what is needed here. We're not going back to virus threads in the football section. Been there, done that.

Reaction score
It is possible to keep the discussion related to football without going off into a general talk of the virus, and thats what is needed here. We're not going back to virus threads in the football section. Been there, done that.
I agree in part but what's been discussed so far is relevant and I think you should let it ride. As much as we appreciate the hard work you do to monitor the thread you can't dictate/censor a discussion unless it goes wildly off topic or is blatantly breaking rules. Might irritate you but in this case I see nothing on this thread that does either of those. This is about how the virus affects football.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree in part but what's been discussed so far is relevant and I think you should let it ride. As much as we appreciate the hard work you do to monitor the thread you can't dictate/censor a discussion unless it goes wildly off topic or is blatantly breaking rules. Might irritate you but in this case I see nothing on this thread that does either of those. This is about how the virus affects football.

And if it stays related to football thats okay. If it goes off into general discussion it belongs on the other threads about the virus. What we've tended to see is that posters just add general discussion on the football threads. A bit of thought/restraint, and the thread will be okay. Has to come from posters too though, not just us.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if it stays related to football thats okay. If it goes off into general discussion it belongs on the other threads about the virus. What we've tended to see is that posters just add general discussion on the football threads. A bit of thought/restraint, and the thread will be okay. Has to come from posters too though, not just us.
Attendance is not a footballing matter as in what happens on the pitch so it might best to move it off the footballing side of the forum.

I know crowds can affect games but it is out if our control do avoid people like me going off on one best move it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But at the same point in time, you have written something factually incorrect about the virus ie that the flu is deadlier than it. When in reality figures back in april show otherwise.
It is hard not to turn this into a covid discussion really, isn't it?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the noises and data suggest it’s on its way back (actually never been away). Complacency and rule fatigue setting in for some for sure. How many people nationally are going to ignore this? It’s starting to divide the country - there are some uncertain times ahead with this virus and there is a risk of a degree of anarchy. Does this see pubs, bars and restaurants close down again? No doubt more information in the coming days.

Definitely complacency abound. How many people you see walk past the trolley cleaning station in the supermarket now? Or people will happily get close to each other because they have a mask on .

Tbh, I could see people religiously adhering to rules to start with for the unexpected treat of being able to attend football again, which would probably be safer in some ways than most other activities where standards have dropped.
But then the same would occur with that, with the potential for increases on a far greater scale.

It’s all completely irrelevant though, since the ‘protection of education’ is going to be the biggest contributing factor. Doesn’t matter how many guidelines you put in place, primary school children are not exactly known for their personal hygiene dedication. ‘You can’t meet in groups of more than 6’, but hundreds of households at a time are going to be having some form of second hand shared contact through children.
They’re a bloody Petri dish at the best of times (think how fast nits and noro go round), so I find the latest proposed restrictions fairly pointless.

Reaction score
But at the same point in time, you have written something factually incorrect about the virus ie that the flu is deadlier than it. When in reality figures back in april show otherwise.
It is hard not to turn this into a covid discussion really, isn't it?
I didn't say that, I pointed out that we have to live with it and accept a level of deaths. The point I was making is that the many state are being over cautious to protect themselves and as a consequence we are being restricted and hence attending football is a long way off.

Reaction score
Attendance is not a footballing matter as in what happens on the pitch so it might best to move it off the footballing side of the forum.

I know crowds can affect games but it is out if our control do avoid people like me going off on one best move it.
Now thats a ridiculous suggestion, football is all about the fans. This board is for fans to talk about football.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Now thats a ridiculous suggestion, football is all about the fans. This board is for fans to talk about football.

Yep, so if the covid situation is 'this', it will affect football/attendence like 'this'.
Not flu is worse than covid, testing is rubbish, the government is to blame, etc etc etc.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't say that, I pointed out that we have to live with it and accept a level of deaths. The point I was making is that the many state are being over cautious to protect themselves and as a consequence we are being restricted and hence attending football is a long way off.
My apologies, must be more attentive when reading and less trigger happy.

Reaction score
Yep, so if the covid situation is 'this', it will affect football/attendence like 'this'.
Not flu is worse than covid, testing is rubbish, the government is to blame, etc etc etc.
I completely understand but give some slack where decisions and numbers affect the chance of us attending game. It's unlikely we'll be allowed in anyhow, but the decision of a max of six for social gatherings has a direct affect on those of us that have registered a support group of ten with the Club, unless we term the Molineux a place of worship, then we're home free.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Just to help the back to full crowds at footie hopes, Wolverhampton is going to be partially locked down from Tuesday, well visiting homes but apparently not pubs at least, so Jeff my suggestion is declare the whole of Molineux to be a pub, most of it is anyway on matchdays, so full house guaranteed simples!!!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like my decision to wait before renewing membership was the right one :( have to settle for tv streams I guess

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a few of us have said over the last few months, any hope of us getting into Molineux this season was always exactly that, just hope. Things are what they are and the sooner the general public accept that the better off we all will be in the long term.

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's not been any announcement yet.

The governments awful way of communicating things just leads to wild ill informed speculation/exaggeration like the rest of your statement.
As i Said 13 days ago. Forget seeing the inside of molineux as a fan this season

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't like saying this, but I think everyone needs to adjust to the idea fans won't be in Molineux until spring at the earliest.

The stages the vaccines are at, plus the second wave (or resurgence of the first wave, depending on which it turns out to be...) mean we're way way off.

I want Molineux full. I think Wolves would have taken something from that game last night if the crowd was there roaring them on at 1-2. But health and lives come first, and we can't be putting people in the stadium until it's safe.

The premier league clubs can limp on for a while without crowds. Lower leagues need the revenue. I think the best thing all round is if either government or the FA just put it out there that there will be no crowds until the vaccine, and then set to work on a financial bailout to help the lower league clubs.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a tad upset about this as from a selfish POV football is the one weekend routine that allows me to switch off and I cannot do it watching it on TV
Really gutted

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep the season going, keep the extra televised coverage and provide some assistance to the lower leagues to make up for the lost income from gate receipts. All needed until either we’ve defeated this virus or learned to live with it.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please change the thread title by putting a 'No' in front of 'possibility'.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Premier league have issued a statement saying they've stepped up their calls for fans to return to stadiums. Stating that fans will be safer or as safe as any other public activity currently permitted.

Fair play to the Premier League think its the first time they've really varied from the Governments position.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Premier league have issued a statement saying they've stepped up their calls for fans to return to stadiums. Stating that fans will be safer or as safe as any other public activity currently permitted.

Fair play to the Premier League think its the first time they've really varied from the Governments position.
The Government will, quite rightly, treat the PL as they would any other vested interest.

If HMG wanted to get really arsey they could agree to the PL's request subject to clubs being legally liable for any infections that result i.e. basically say put your money where your mouth is if you are so confident.....

Reaction score
Fair play to them, absolute madness by this Government, all of it. what a stupid set of rules in the first place. If people are vulnerable they can stay away, the "dry tinder" effect has been and gone, we lose people over the winter for other reasons, the addition of Covid has a marginal increase and as a result we refuse to let people congregate in safe open air environments but they're okay in pubs and restaurants until the virus comes out for a beer at 10:00pm.

Tell you what Boris, and your scientist cronies, if we promise to live the stadium before 10:00pm can we go back now?

TheAdmiral

Reaction score

Good for them I totally agree imho theres lots of activities that are currently allowed that are less safe than allowing a small number of safely socially distanced fans into a outdoor stadium, totally ridiculous to postpone it.

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
Fair play to them, absolute madness by this Government, all of it. what a stupid set of rules in the first place. If people are vulnerable they can stay away, the "dry tinder" effect has been and gone, we lose people over the winter for other reasons, the addition of Covid has a marginal increase and as a result we refuse to let people congregate in safe open air environments but they're okay in pubs and restaurants until the virus comes out for a beer at 10:00pm.

Tell you what Boris, and your scientist cronies, if we promise to live the stadium before 10:00pm can we go back now?

Well said sir ;)

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can't see that post helping to keep this thread on the football section that you keep pleading for.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder at what point will it be safe for fans to attend games again. I've read that some experts believe this virus could be around for four years. If that is the case, and trying to keep the thread focused on football, what conditions need to be present for fans to be allowed into grounds? We talk about a second wave, but from what I've read there could be several waves.

Back
Top Bottom