Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lad lives in Liverpool.
he has just sent me this and said that when it comes to Liverpool James Pearce is usually bang on the money.

Attachments

• C26FC6F9-8000-48C1-99D3-30E72A80167A.jpeg
    C26FC6F9-8000-48C1-99D3-30E72A80167A.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 210
L

Lincoln-WOLF

Perhaps I should rephrase.

I think Vinagre would be better and more effective in a wide forward role rather than wing back.

But we already have Neto and Podence? No way Vinagre is at their level going forward

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we could get a deal involving Origi and Hoever, that might work...

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some reports doing the rounds of us agreeing a fee of £25 million with Liverpool. Bit deflating
That is awful.

I spent days repeating myself on here about how miffed I was with the Doherty deal. I don't have it in me to do it about this one too.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If true, this one hurts. on the other hand sod him, he blows hot and cold anyway. I hope we absolutely stuff em at Anfield and Liverpool implode under the pressure of their title retention. Bloody hell.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who care about the money?.....it’s not ours anyway.
And don‘t assume that Wolves let Doc go cheap......nonsense. Shi and co are not fools.

I don’t care about the money but rather that Jota might leave. The team interest me more.
But at this point it’s only a rumour, gossip, scuttlebutt, .......it may never happen.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interested doesn’t mean we will reach agreement .

We are getting ahead of ourselves imo

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it looks to me like we have this covered with Podence and Neto both available to Cover Jota's position. I am not unduly worried if we get Ki-Jana Hoever for a 10 million outlay and 35 Million for Diogo. It makes sense that both players are exchanged under their market value to nullify the gross fees paid to agents. I trust the club on this one they were right on with Douglas Cav and Costa I am sure overall once again we will significantly strengthen the side with a wise investment in youth for the future. However I hope we are going to invest the net profit on somebody rather good.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess that would keep a few on here happy who view speed and dribbling past a couple of players on the half-way line as more important attributes than an end product.

I mean to be fair, he only got 4 goals less than Jota in the league last year in less games.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£15m and an untried kid.

Absolutely done us over.

As for anyone thinking this kid will be good, just look at Liverpool's record of selling over the years. If they're decent, they stay.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy that a few weeks ago we were all saying really hope bids dont come in for Raul/Ruben n Adama, & its Doc n looks like Diogo gone, what a difference a few weeks makes, gutting ;(
Neves hasn’t shone in the PL so far.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is ****, but it's the next cycle and all about balancing resources I guess.

He hasn't been consistent enough for us in the league unfortunately, so I can see why the club may find this acceptable.

Bloody miss him though, I think he's one of everyone's fave players.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn’t shone so far in the PL, certainly not in a way that will have other teams knocking on the door with offers. He’s been ok but can’t think of many MOTMs in two seasons.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn’t shone so far in the PL, certainly not in a way that will have other teams knocking on the door with offers. He’s been ok but can’t think of many MOTMs in two seasons.
He's been pretty phenomenal by all accounts.

D

Deleted member 4184

If we sell Jota for anything less than 40m we've been ****ed over.

Nuno has just signed a new contract so it must be with his blessing

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Stoke Jota was just the player we needed to open them up. Now what? Anyone who thinks we have a brilliant replacement coming in is deluded imv. The club are sending out a very clear signal when he goes and mark my words Neves will be next. Once you start selling your best players its downhill all the way.

Andi130

Reaction score
Who knows what the actual situation is, but you can't get away from the fact that if the big boys come if for you, you're going to consider it. Jota's probably considering all sorts of pros and cons, given his aspirations and current circumstances. He has the potantial to be a top player. His balance and strength, for such a small guy, is up there with the best of them. I always thought Podence might be succession planning on the Jota front too. I'll be gutted if we do lose him, but I'll also not begrudge him on a personal level......who wouldn't want to better themselves, as hard as it's to swallow as a fan. We have to be realistic though. I just hope that 'if' he does go, it's for no less than 40m.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Stoke Jota was just the player we needed to open them up. Now what? Anyone who thinks we have a brilliant replacement coming in is deluded imv. The club are sending out a very clear signal when he goes and mark my words Neves will be next. Once you start selling your best players its downhill all the way.

Then why has Nuno re-signed?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't hold any ill-feeling towards Jota even if he asked to move.

I've said in the past, him and Neves took HUGE risks to join us in the Championship and both of them were key to helping us to where we are now. So, if he wants to move to Liverpool, which most would, then he should be allowed to go.

The fee will be the issue though. There's allowing someone to move and selling way below their value, which I expect we'll do. For the record, I'd value Jota at £30-35m and I wouldn't value Hoever at £10m.

D

Deleted member 5962

So Klopp has decided he wants Jota and not Adama. He isnt an idiot afterall. Still the rumoured fee is a joke. Theres also the lingering doubt we would replace him with anyone near as good.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who knows what the actual situation is, but you can't get away from the fact that if the big boys come if for you, you're going to consider it. Jota's probably considering all sorts of pros and cons, given his aspirations and current circumstances. He has the potantial to be a top player. His balance and strength, for such a small guy, is up there with the best of them. I always thought Podence might be succession planning on the Jota front too. I'll be gutted if we do lose him, but I'll also not begrudge him on a personal level......who wouldn't want to better themselves, as hard as it's to swallow as a fan. We have to be realistic though. I just hope that 'if' he does go, it's for no less than 40m.
Nope nope, I DO begrudge him his dream move. I’ll be defacing every single Diogo Jota face from the last 3 years and f wolves programmes. Why ! Why Diogo!!!!!!

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Diogo leaves then so be it and we move on.
I REALLY do trust Nuno's judgement and even if the fee isn't as high as some would want, getting a highly rated young right back at a discounted price, will do for me.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno wouldn’t have signed a new deal to be left with 18 year olds and a worse team than before . Fosun ay stupid .
2-3 big guns will be incoming next two weeks I hope :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom