Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

ParkieWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He’s a right back, they played Justin a kid there at left back last game.

He can play both sides quite comfortably. Only played RB in their last game because Pereira is injured. When fit it'll be Castagne at LB and Pereira at RB.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He can play both sides quite comfortably. Only played RB in their last game because Pereira is injured. When fit it'll be Castagne at LB and Pereira at RB.
So why didn't they play natural right back Justin there and him at LB? They are looking for a LB still, possibly a loan deal according to the rumour mill.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New reserve keeper needed - ruddy appalling

left bsck needed - vinagre clearly ain’t stepping up. Had enough chances

right back needed

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok back to who the **** do we need to buy to stop **** like that happening again

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After tonight's appalling performance I just hope the need for TWO new wing backs is clear. Also for a dynamic attacking central midfielder to offer another focus of attack and take the pressure off Adama to do it all....Vitinho and Silva will need a season to bed in and are fit only for the sub's bench for now. Apart from a temporary stop gap to cover Jonny's absence very little has yet to be achieved in improving our first XI. Meanwhile Doherty and MGW have gone.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we are seeing some more incomings soon as clear from tonight that we are in need of wing backs and more options in central midfield. Think we need to be looking at some more experience than kids as well. Need some proven quality in to supplement what we have. All gone very quiet though.

Reactions: Ned

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama tends to run into people quite alot, or stand still with nowhere to go, to go back on him self. He seems to have very little footballing nouse, especially off the ball. Dont get me wrong he can be electric down the wings when he gets it right, and is producing a final ball.

I believe we are a better team when he is not in the front three, or two. Seems to do much better being an impact sub.

From watching the game nuno either needs to let the midfielders move forward or force them to play higher up, ie for vitinha and neves

Last edited:

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After tonight's appalling performance I just hope the need for TWO new wing backs is clear. Also for a dynamic attacking central midfielder to offer another focus of attack and take the pressure off Adama to do it all....Vitinho and Silva will need a season to bed in and are fit only for the sub's bench for now. Apart from a temporary stop gap to cover Jonny's absence very little has yet to be achieved in improving our first XI. Meanwhile Doherty and MGW have gone.
Doc gone, Jonny injured. That's 2 first team players and we have added Marcal. Those other kids will be cover only for a season. We need to get back to where we were, and then we need to improve the starting XI.

Hard to see it happening.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
adama runs into people alot he has very little noise, but he is electric if he gets it right and finally ball we are a better team with him not in the three and jim as impact. but God do we need to let a midfield or midfield be forced to play forward and higher up... never.. vitinha
Have you had a drink, or has someone changed your keypad to a different language?

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Jeebus. That was quick for the nattering naysayers to start ****ing their pants again. Man up, will you?

Literally, everyone from the club have spoken about incomings before the window closes. You have been reassured that Nuno is staying and that he is intimately involved in the recruitment process. You have also learned that the club will spend money for the right player at the right price. Yet, the same crew are back ****ing and moaning about getting a RWB in. Do you all honestly think that the club doesn't know the obvious??? That they are not working hard to get players in for Nuno???

R

reanswolf

Jeebus. That was quick for the nattering naysayers to start ****ing their pants again. Man up, will you?

Literally, everyone from the club have spoken about incomings before the window closes. You have been reassured that Nuno is staying and that he is intimately involved in the recruitment process. You have also learned that the club will spend money for the right player at the right price. Yet, the same crew are back ****ing and moaning about getting a RWB in. Do you all honestly think that the club doesn't know the obvious??? That they are not working hard to get players in for Nuno???
Its worrying, and I have refrained from that so far.

It is patently clear the 2 young lads aren't yet ready for first-team standard, that's not their fault BTW. They did ok, and will take time to bed in. Possibly a season or two.

I think it is not unreasonable for fans to expect a sensible, structured transfer window where key first team positions are identified and prioritised, and then the fluffy future players can be brought in as ones for the future if money is spare.

At present we look a bit of silly club having spent £35m, actually potentially £53m on 2 future, unproven players...............let that register...............£53m!!! - Whilst voluntarily selling an influential wing back.

I'm not going to criticise our transfer policy just yet...............there are 2 weeks to go for the window to close, but the later we leave things the more it obviously potentially eats into and adversely affects the outcome of the season ahead.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is patently clear the 2 young lads aren't yet ready for first-team standard, that's not their fault BTW. They did ok, and will take time to bed in. Possibly a season or two.

I think it is not unreasonable for fans to expect a sensible, structured transfer window where key first team positions are identified and prioritised, and then the fluffy future players can be brought in as ones for the future if money is spare.

At present we look a bit of silly club having spent £35m, actually potentially £53m on 2 future, unproven players...............let that register...............£53m!!! - Whilst voluntarily selling an influential wing back.

I'm not going to criticise our transfer policy just yet...............there are 2 weeks to go for the window to close, but the later we leave things the more it obviously potentially eats into and adversely affects the outcome of the season ahead.

Good post mate. We need some more proven additions.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bad day at the office: move on with the same targets and same approach to recruitment.

Maybe I just need some perspective after the poor performance against Stoke. Our squad needs haven't changed. We still need an RWB and potentially a CB and CM. If Marcal and Vinagre can fill LWB till Jonny returns next year then we don't need an LWB (unless opportunity knocks.). We played most our first XI against Stoke with Ruddy, Buur, Vitinha and Fabio brought in. We got well contained by Stoke.
I don't think we need wholesale changes. It was a poor performance/experiment that didn't work out and Stoke did well. Stoke and many championship sides are quite capable of beating Wolves on their day, even as we aspired to beat PL sides just 3 seasons ago in cup competitions under Zenga and Lambert.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad day at the office: move on with the same targets and same approach to recruitment.

Maybe I just need some perspective after the poor performance against Stoke. Our squad needs haven't changed. We still need an RWB and potentially a CB and CM. If Marcal and Vinagre can fill LWB till Jonny returns next year then we don't need an LWB (unless opportunity knocks.). We played most our first XI against Stoke with Ruddy, Buur, Vitinha and Fabio brought in. We got well contained by Stoke.
I don't think we need wholesale changes. It was a poor performance/experiment that didn't work out and Stoke did well. Stoke and many championship sides are quite capable of beating Wolves on their day, even as we aspired to beat PL sides just 3 seasons ago in cup competitions under Zenga and Lambert.
I still think we need a LWB, I’m not convinced by Vinagre, his crossing is awful and I find myself holding my breath whenever there is an attack down his side of the pitch (likewise when Traore is at wingback) Even if Jonny comes back it’s not a given he will come back as effective as he was with the extent of his injury

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adama tends to run into people quite alot, or stand still with nowhere to go, to go back on him self. He seems to have very little footballing nouse, especially off the ball. Dont get me wrong he can be electric down the wings when he gets it right, and is producing a final ball.

I believe we are a better team when he is not in the front three, or two. Seems to do much better being an impact sub.

From watching the game nuno either needs to let the midfielders move forward or force them to play higher up, ie for vitinha and neves

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EXPERIENCED players now required.

Who ever comes in to midfield or defence we need to get the youth/experience balance right .

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bale , Reguilon,Alcantara the big moves are falling into place now. Let’s hope we are somewhere in the food chain to get the players in we need.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do the club provide hard hats for newcomers?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Silva and Vitinha will bed in much quicker than that. Couple of months max

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just right.
With Moutinho ageing , Doherty gone and Jonny injured we are not stronger with these youngsters unless they are exceptionally quick developers.
And there is a chance as with Cutrone and Vallejo and Jordao they wont make that grade in two years time . What do we do then , buy some more kids . We need two Premier League ready players in that first 15, just to consolidate at 7th IMO

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not worried as such because I assume there are more players to come in and Nuno knows the weaknesses that are there.

But it's starting to become ever so slightly concerning. We sold our RWB with no replacement in place and no adequate cover and have signed two extremely bright signings for the future. For me, that should be it for the young signings this window. The first team squad and team need improvements/competition/options ASAP.

It's amazing how much my bubble has been burst by losing in a cup that offers entry to a truly shocking new European competition but it has done. It was alarming and annoying to see the same issues we have had for years in terms of breaking teams down and keeping the pressure on for more than one move and resulting set piece.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just right.
With Moutinho ageing , Doherty gone and Jonny injured we are not stronger with these youngsters unless they are exceptionally quick developers.
And there is a chance as with Cutrone and Vallejo and Jordao they wont make that grade in two years time . What do we do then , buy some more kids . We need two Premier League ready players in that first 15, just to consolidate at 7th IMO

We simply have to get in a couple of players that are ready now. The right wing back will have to be someone with proven quality and I would argue we need another centre back and central midfield player if we are to challenge for top 6 this season. I am pleased with the three signings we have made but this alone will not get us challenging the top 6 this season in my opinion. Big couple of weeks ahead and woiuld dearly love us to sign a very good right wing back soon as the current options are poor.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a particularly hot response to this but what about Dele Alli? Clearly Jose doesn't fancy him andthey would probably like him off the wage bill if that's the case. He is also, to my knowledge, a Jorge Mendes client so wonder whether he might be worth a look at. Obviously a really lazy link on my part but it's on a par with most of the national papers when it comes to Wolves transfer speculation.

Back
Top Bottom