Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley Verdict

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The overall performance was okay. I've seen us play a lot better and a lot worse. A great strike from Jimenez. I don't know about his girlfriend but my waters broke when that went in.

Gutted to concede again at the end. I guess in future defenders will have to get kicked in the head. It was one of those decisions that you'll get or not depending on the ref. Unfortunately, we had Dean and there was no way the VAR was going to overrule him.

The commentators were awful. Were they actually watching the game? Consistently getting the players mixed up. Replays and cutaway shots whilst the ball was in play. Dublin giving us a guided tour of the local Burnley tourist spots.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Controlled the whole game really , farce of a decision how the hell can you be kicking above head height and that's with the player jumping and it not be dangerous play what the hell is Doherty supposed to do stand and get kicked ?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have easy test for if it was a penalty but that is for another time. The true is two or theee up it is not an concern. That is the truth. We will get there but we have kill teams.

Wolves do not nip thier prey and hope that is enough. They keep gong and feast in the spoils of the kill.

Good attacking line up but Burnley defended well and we were not ruthless enough. I am more confident that will come after last couple of matches.

Fair result as if you do not kill teams this can happen but we are improving. That is the really result.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
SCREW THE PREMIER LEAGUE

SCREW MIKE DEAN

SCREW PGMOL

FOOTBALL IS LEGITIMATELY DEAD

Fine Finish by Raul; over the 90 we had edged it and that bit of magic was something else. Adama's and Doc's impact for the goal was marvelous.

Just extraordinary that a Qualified Referee sees fit, to think that PROTECTING oneself, to avoid being knocked out DEAD; is worthy of a spot kick.

I've had it...
Bang on...

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Though we played a controlled game against a team of cloggers. Burnley really have not improved since the championship where big brutes and the long ball was the norm.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two last minute goals conceded in a week, I don’t think it was a penalty but we’d literally just got away with them missing an open goal. The previous 20 minutes we’d absolutely dominated and should have probably doubled our lead. We’ve panicked and lost two points, any chance of the Champions League and now have a real battle to finish 6th or 7th.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Putting the decision aside we can’t hide from the fact that that’s twice in a week we have conceded deep into injury time when better game management would have had us 3 points better off.It is what it is but it hurts when you consider Fernandes got and kept that penalty last week and it makes my blood boil even more .

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Controlled the whole game really , farce of a decision how the hell can you be kicking above head height and that's with the player jumping and it not be dangerous play what the hell is Doherty supposed to do stand and get kicked ?
Yes, you get kicked. Alternatively in the opposition box ever Wolves player goes for bicycle kicks until we get a dangerous play call when we walk off.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
VERDICT: Mike Dean and Kevin Friend both gulty of crimes against football.

Ultra positive before anyone starts moaning, found a way through a packed defence with a brilliant strike, did get away with a late scare but then an absolute joke of a pen from the man who isn't happy unless the pundits are talking about him after the game. Once again VAR fails to deliver on the exact thing it was introduced for.

Traore MOtM, good to see Vinagre get a game. Raul wonder strike of very difficult ball. Neves excellent again. Willy back to his assured self. GUTTED.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rarely get furious after a game but I am absolutely livid with that. Burnley are a disgrace to football and I can’t even begin to explain that penalty decision. And as for the bbc tonight - amateur.. and Robbie Keane - go away.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We didn’t sit back on the lead. In fact, Pope had to make a decent save from Neto coming up to the 90th minute.

The problem was giving away a couple of needless free kicks which gave them opportunities to pump the ball into the box.

****ing annoying.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we played alright and shaded it.

The penalty was not clear cut either way. Bit of a kick in the **** - obviously. We are usually excellent at killing games so that's a real disappointment. Deany giving a last minute penalty is par for the course for him - he'd have done it down the other end to ensure he gets the headlines.

In the blink of an eye we go from Europe practically guaranteed to nervy nervy again. Bah.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we not just ask the 'powers that be' where we're going to finish and save this agony of repeated injustice. And the supine pundits who won't call it out. Jesus. Murdoch's killed off divisions 2-4, what does he want a ten team super lea....

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Yes, you get kicked. Alternatively in the opposition box ever Wolves player goes for bicycle kicks until we get a dangerous play call when we walk off.
Apart from against Southampton the other day.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was annoyed when we went to 352, we were in control and keeping them at arms length but we invited pressure which was always going to lead to trouble.

BUT... to have our CL hopes ended by such a terrible terrible decision is sickening. What’s the point in having pitch side monitors if the ref isn’t using them? They’re the only ones who can look at a subjective decision. The VAR ref will always stick up for his mate.

It was brought in to stop injustice and the effects they have on a game/season but it’s just made things worse.

**** VAR and **** football.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was giving my actual verdict I think I'd end up throwing my laptop out the window.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One up, and in control. So why did we back off and start giving silly free kicks away. It was never a penalty in a million years, but we should not have been in that situation.
This! Exactly the point I made. Coady and Saiss couldn’t cope for a long portion of the game and I will not let VAR or Mike Dean be the main vocal point to two points dropped

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man United aren't ever in that position because they don't score one and then spend the remaining match trying to relentlessly defend it.
No, they get a gift when their most important player should be sent off. Utd haven’t been bad this season, but VAR has been so far in their favour there has to be questions asked.

Mistakes happen, if they keep happening, you ask questions.

I’ve been in the pub, with wolves, villa and Albion fans for both games, in both incidents the entire pubs been unanimous in its agreement, how can those watching be so consistently wrong to everyone else.

We pay good money, we deserve far better than this.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a pen and I thought we huffed and puffed, we didn't work their keeper enough and we were hanging on at the end, we just didn't seem that fluid tonight, more ****ed off tonight than I was last week.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just have to win the Europa -I have some sympathy with those who say we have to be more positive but that requires Nuno to make adjustments which he may not choose to do.

At least Var admitted they made mistakes over the weekend -be interesting to see what they say this time.

Last edited:

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No complaints just praise for our performance. I’m gutted for the boys tonight. I thought we were at from the first minute against Dyche‘s anti-football tactics with 9 men behind the ball. We were better than them in every position and I we showed loads of bottle to keep playing our football against a side intent on roughing us up. We got the goal we deserved and were in complete control of the game until Mike Dean pulled out his trademark party piece with a last minute penalty. Where have we seen him do that before? What a joke that guy is. VAR is really stupid. If the ref blows up for dangerous play the penalty would never be given. Surely they have to penalise the first offence for the dangerous high kick?

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was annoyed when we went to 352, we were in control and keeping them at arms length but we invited pressure which was always going to lead to trouble.

BUT... to have our CL hopes ended by such a terrible terrible decision is sickening. What’s the point in having pitch side monitors if the ref isn’t using them? They’re the only ones who can look at a subjective decision. The VAR ref will always stick up for his mate.

It was brought in to stop injustice and the effects they have on a game/season but it’s just made things worse.

**** VAR and **** football.
Perhaps worth saying that hell would freeze over before Mike Dean ever overrules himself

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good performance. Definitely the better team but only a point tonshownfor it. Ridiculous penalty decision, but could have had a goal scored against us a minute before.

We should have been more than a goal up with the chances we had. Need to take more of our chances. We were the better team by a mile.

At some point in time refs will get picky over all the little pushes burnley do and they will go down. They have got nothing else going for them, except for the physicality. I say good riddance when it happens.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Taylor was arguably the greatest referee ever to come from these isles. A man brave enough to give a legitimate penalty in the first minute to Holland against West Germany in a World Cup final in Munich! I know that Jack was a Wolves man, through and through, bled gold n black like us all. He will be turning in his grave with that horrendous decision from Mike Dean tonight. That was never a penalty. Never in a month of Sundays. Mike Dean you are a CHEAT. What goes around comes around Mr Dean.

wesley

Reaction score
We should be staring at a defeat given Wood's miss. I'm trying to find the positives.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, they get a gift when their most important player should be sent off. Utd haven’t been bad this season, but VAR has been so far in their favour there has to be questions asked.

Mistakes happen, if they keep happening, you ask questions.

I don't disagree but Wolves play with fire every week with a bare minimum lead. It's not sustainable long term to score one goal and hope ****ty refs or decisions don't screw you.

I like today's lineup and hope we see more of it, and hopefully they click better. We need more goals, simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom