Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have you ever watched any other teams regularly?

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me and my mates used to decide who we we off to watch when we were in the pub on Friday night. Most were Leeds fans, some Huddersfield and 2 Bradford City
Would be a case of which was at home and we'd go there (or occasionally just head there and stay in the pub/ do a bigger pub crawl)
Never a problem getting in but then again this was mid 80s
My then girlfiend (now wife) dragged me to Peterborough v Wolves and the rest is history.

Hazza

Reaction score
Had a period between marriages 96-2000 when living near Tunbridge Wells, when not at Wolves would look for a game, usually Brighton (at Gillingham) or Gillingham themselves, occasionally Crawley or Maidstone in non league.

Really enjoyed it but nowhere near same intensity at watching Wolves.

2004-2007 spent a lot of time watching Brackley Town, was kit man for half a season, that was good there was 20-30 of us going to games on team coach etc, good lads - that was more social than football but fitted in better with young family at the time.

love it at Wolves now though, go with my 3 sons - can’t top that

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to see Telford a few times as a kid, especially their FA Cup run in the mid 80s, and go occasionaly now if I get cheap tickets, only cuz it's local. However, could never watch another league team regularly. I bleed gold and black and always will do.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
When I was at Uni, as well as watching Wolves when I could, also used to go and watch Swindon because of my best mate. Watched them during their promotion season from the Championship, and watched them get hammered mostly in their one season in the Prem.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to watch Fulham and later Watford .Watford 1969/70 and 1970/71 seasons were good -won the Third division in the former and reached the FA cup semi in the latter -beating Stoke (with Gordon Banks in goal ) and then Liverpool in the quarters (Fatty Lawrence,Big Ron Yeats ,St John , Callaghan and Hunt-Shankly broke that team up thereafter .Lost 5-1 to Chelski in the semi on the beach at White Hart Lane and they went on the beat Leeds in a classic replayed final.

Last edited:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Father-In-law was a massive fulham fan had corporate at fulham so went whenever he had a spare.In the days of Chris Coleman/Hodgson.Fulham v Chelsea when Mourino was in charge probably the best i saw..

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
When I was 5/6 years old my dad wanted to see if I got the footballing bug so he took me regularly to Lye Town FC.

This was 1974 onwards and coincided with a successful time for the club, beating Bilston Town in the League Cup at Dudley Town (Cole corner first half, 1.0 victory) and reaching Birmingham Senior Cup Final at Highfield Road (lost 2.0).

For a number of years we had a ‘season ticket’ at both Lye Town and Wolves as I convinced my dad of the love of football!

Whilst John Richards and Kenny Hibbitt were my footballing gods I also loved Bob Sidaway and Colin Walker.
Super Bob loved Banks’s
Mild, Pork Scrathings scored 40 plus most seasons and gave me his ‘Sidda’ t-shirt!

C’mon the Lye!

My dads best friend designed the ‘flyers’ logo when they adopted a nickname! Once they asked my dad to join the ‘executive board’ he turned them down stating that he couldn’t commit to games when Wolves were at home as that was my true love! I don’t think the Chairman ever brought me a Vimto again after that!

Tomcat

Groupie
Reaction score
My dad had a villa season ticket & I went with him a few times when I was a kid if Wolves were away, I even saw them twice at Wembley early 70's. Watched Walsall occasionally with my 2 brothers in law including an away trip to port vale. When Wolves were in the old 4th division my wife wanted to go to a 'big' match so we went to forest v man u, trent end sold out so went in the away end. Finally, my uncle & cousin were sandwell fans & I joined them in the brummie road to see them in the cup v newcastle circa 1975. They lost haha! Please forgive me as I do not wish to be banned from the mix!

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Despite living on the outskirts of Wigan, I’ve never had any inclination to go to a game. As a teenager I sometimes went to Goodison or Anfield with my mates or my Dad (who’s a red and was trying to turn me to the dark side), but I never supported either. In the words of Whitney Houston “I saved all my love” for Wolves.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When at school (early 60s) I used to watch Albion quite a lot, as I didn't have the money to follow Wolves away. I didn't support them at all, but just enjoyed watching football. They had a good team back then -- John Kay, Jeff Astle, Clive Clark, etc. Watched Cambridge Utd quite a bit in the 80s, 90s when I lived there. They were pretty good back then when John Beck managed them and Steve Claridge was in his pomp -- saw them wallop Leicester 5-1 and they reached the play-offs for promotion to the top division on one occasion.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to go to a lot of Pompey home games when I was training at Lee on Solent. Also went to a few Plymouth games when I was based there, but not as often.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to see Telford a few times as a kid, especially their FA Cup run in the mid 80s, and go occasionaly now if I get cheap tickets, only cuz it's local. However, could never watch another league team regularly. I bleed gold and black and always will do.

First live football match I ever went to was Telford’s FA Trophy final at Wembley. They lost to Macclesfield, I think.
2nd ever match was nearly a year later when they beat Yeovil in the FA Trophy semi-final at The Hwathorns, I ran on to the pitch at the end to see Mickey Fudge (I was at school with his son!).
Third ever match was the final that year when they beat Hillingdon Borough.
I was always a Wolves fan, though, but my Dad would never take me in those days; it was the early 70s and hooliganism was fairly common I suppose.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
as a kid if i couldn't afford to get to wolves i'd go to halesowen or with next door neighbours to blues.
later when in germany i'd go to dortmund.

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I went to Leicester University and often watched Leicester play at Filbert Street.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Friday night games at Layer Road when i was a kid. Fantastic
I was at Layer rd in 2008 when we won there. Ebanks Blake got the winner. Actually Mersea I was down on West Mersea a few weeks ago. My brother in law lives in Great Totham, And we had a ride out to the Island. Had a few beers in the Victory. I admire your dedication as its quite a journey for you. How does the tide effect you getting back home??.Back to footy matters, I've been to quite a lot of Walsall games home & away, As my bro in law is a sadlers fan. Been to bramall lane, Leyton Orient, both Shrewsbury's grounds. ? The Bescot is a tidy little ground, And is good to watch games there as your real close to the pitch.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to Bournemouth for a season when they were in the third division. The local Police used to start all the fighting. I spotted a couple of decent players who went on to better things but it wad pretty average. Still came back to watch Wolves when I could.

M

merseawolf

I was at Layer rd in 2008 when we won there. Ebanks Blake got the winner. Actually Mersea I was down on West Mersea a few weeks ago. My brother in law lives in Great Totham, And we had a ride out to the Island. Had a few beers in the Victory. I admire your dedication as its quite a journey for you. How does the tide effect you getting back home??.Back to footy matters, I've been to quite a lot of Walsall games home & away, As my bro in law is a sadlers fan. Been to bramall lane, Leyton Orient, both Shrewsbury's grounds. ? The Bescot is a tidy little ground, And is good to watch games there as your real close to the pitch.
Posh end of Totham or rough bit!?
Why you not ask about Mersea?? Coast Inn is much nicer than Victory!!
Sometimes get caught by tide but generally know when it’s going to be over The Strood. We have tide charts that are pretty accurate.
Did you enjoy it here?

F

Flynn

Wolves are the number one priority of course. But I'll go and watch my hometown team, Barrow AFC, when thy are either playing away locally, or I'm in town and they are playing.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to watch Warrington Rugby League in mid 50's when at school. Days of Brian Bevan.

Moseley Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Moor Green before the mysterious fire and subsequent merger that brought Solihull Moors to life. Never been since then.....one of my best days being at Molineux to see us beat Hartlepool 2-0 to clinch div 4 then same evening moor green won 7-3 to clinch promotion to beazer homes prem league. Well that’s if memory from 1988 serves correctly!!!

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Moved to Blackpool in 1978 and stated to watch them ( as well as Wolves ) - first two games I went to they won 5-1 and 5-2. And we’re near top of old Div 1 - they then didn’t win another game and got relegated ! Watched them quite a lot through to about 1983 when I went to uni. Made a bit of history by watching two games on opening day of 1988? season - saw wolves lose at Bury in a morning kick off then went to see Blackpool at I think Chester - all a bit hazy now ,

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crewe Alex, my first ever live game was watching Kevin Campbell score a hat-trick for Arsenal's Youth Team. Rob Jones who went on to play for Liverpool and England played for Crewe that day.

I then went on to play for Crewe from the age of 11 upwards. Most Saturday mornings as a kid were spent going up to Bootle to play for Crewe but if Wolves were at home we'd then have a mad rush down to Wolverhampton for the games. Unless the Wolves away game was local we'd go and watch Crewe.

So'ton Wolf

Reaction score
No !, Southampton born and bred but always Wolves for me, when the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and all the other premiership teams were in town I was traveling in the opposite direction 320mile round trip to watch Wolves play Aldershot, Hartlepool, Colchester and the likes in the lower leagues, only ever stepped inside St Mary's to watch Wolves in the away end.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lockheed leamington,the brakes,at the old windmill ground when wolves were not playing.saw the doog when he was at kettering

1965Wolf

My son and I love to go over to Burton when we can. Lovely small club and a great privately owned brewery 10 minutes walk away which opens its doors on Saturdays.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My son and I love to go over to Burton when we can. Lovely small club and a great privately owned brewery 10 minutes walk away which opens its doors on Saturdays.
Get to see Jizz too...

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Posh end of Totham or rough bit!?
Why you not ask about Mersea?? Coast Inn is much nicer than Victory!!
Sometimes get caught by tide but generally know when it’s going to be over The Strood. We have tide charts that are pretty accurate.
Did you enjoy it here?
Hi Mersea, He lives in one of the new houses opposite the old compass pub, on the main Colchester road.
I didn't figure you would be about,As wolves were at home to Brighton, which I had to miss:(.But I did keep my eye open for someone in a wolves shirt.
Yer I did enjoy it, had a stroll around and got some takeaway sea food from the Oyster bar.
A few season's ago we went to see wolves at Ipswich 0-0 poor match, But nice to go to a ground I had not done.
We are looking at doing West ham next season hopefully.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle during the keegan promotion season and Forest company had box both due to work

M

merseawolf

Hi Mersea, He lives in one of the new houses opposite the old compass pub, on the main Colchester road.
I didn't figure you would be about,As wolves were at home to Brighton, which I had to miss:(.But I did keep my eye open for someone in a wolves shirt.
Yer I did enjoy it, had a stroll around and got some takeaway sea food from the Oyster bar.
A few season's ago we went to see wolves at Ipswich 0-0 poor match, But nice to go to a ground I had not done.
We are looking at doing West ham next season hopefully.[/QUOTE
That’s a good mate of mines restaurant lovely if you enjoy your seafood.
Let me know if you come again we’ll have a drink in Coast Inn

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not regularly, but used to go and watch a few Leicester games when I was an uni there, just about the time Lineker was breaking through into the England squad, went to watch the game against Everton and remember spotting Bobby Robson arriving as we were going in to the ground, obviously there to watch Linker among others.
Also used to go to the odd Bournemouth game (after moving to Poole ) back when they were in the old 2nd/ 3rd division again late 80s, only been in the away end the few times when we've played them since then

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad I started this thread as I'm obviously not the only one who has watched other sides on a regular basis! Interesting to see so many have been to non-league teams and enjoyed the experience. When we lived in Chippenham (09 -12) went along to watch them a few times (can't remember what level they were at) but the whole thing was pretty dire tbh and the football was awful! I was surprised to see how many turned up at games and the passion was strong. Another memory was when living in Turkey used to go and watch Fetiyespoor with some friends. The ground was open on all sides - the temperature was often in the high 20s/30 degrees! Strange that as the distances there were so vast there were no away fans so the atmosphere was lacking tbh. Funny how a love of the live game will take you anywhere to watch!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get to one or two Boro games a season going with my wife and daughter who are fans. Mostly away games local to us, but the occasional game at the Riverside if we’re up there visiting my wife’s family. As long as they’re not playing Wolves, I generally find I can get into it and sing along with their fairly noisy away fans, especially if we’re not playing somewhere at the same time. Works the same in reverse with Wolves games if my wife comes along with my son and I, although it’s rare we can get enough tickets for this since Nuno took over.

1965Wolf

We quite often get along to Chasetown as well. Lovely setting for one’s live football fix- in fact we went there just before the rest of football was stopped the other week.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aldershot when i was a kid as i was born their & Parents were in the Army. My first taste was a Friday night games.
Aldershot v Stockport County was my first ever game on a Cold Saturday Afternoon in January 1980, Still look out for them, but Wolves is my real love.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dad was in the RAF and after Cosford, we were stationed in Lincolnshire at RAF Scampton and then Waddington. Therefore, went to watch The Imps, until I could afford a car and drive to Molineux.
I went to Uni in Sheffield so watched both Wednesday and United at first. However, it didn’t take me long to realise that Wednesday fans are just dicks. A group of lads even kicked the **** out of me in the Punch Bowl in Crookes, because I was a Wolves fan. It wasn’t even a match day.
Alternatively, Blades ran a student scheme which got me into Bramall Lane for a fiver. I even used to get the Blades travel coach down to Molineux and win or lose, no one on the coaches ever minded. Will always have a soft spot for the Blades and often join my Blades mates on London Road for beers and banter.
Just to be clear, I wouldn’t **** on a Wednesday fan, if they were on fire. In fact, I’d probably chuck on some extra wood and smoke some fish.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got made redundant around year 2000, couldn't afford to watch wolves, watched Wednesfield fc for a while to get my fix.
Didn’t know you was a Wednesfield lad
I’m off the Moathouse estate and went to Wednesfield high school

Reaction score
When I was a kid my uncle used to take me to sandwell. I always supported the away team.
I also watched Tamworth for many years. I used to enjoy the games because although I wanted Tamworth to win I could enjoy the football. When I watch wolves I am too passionate to enjoy the game. Just interested in wolves winning

Back
Top Bottom