Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno?!

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Much ado about nothing...

Both Nuno & Wolves will want to wait until season over...big difference in salary/contract/transfer budget for winning Europa Cup and 4th, and last 32 and mid-table.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Future in doubt”.
This is lousy and irresponsible journalism. Deliberately misleading. Bloody trouble makers.
I guess Klopp’s and Pep’s futures are also in doubt then, right?

Last edited:

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SSN certainly trying their best to drum up interest in nuno or encourage fosun to sign him or lose him

Stingray II

Reaction score
They only spew this nonsense because a large number of people click the links, generating ad revenue for them. I used to click on these, but repeatedly found these articles were bull**** created around a small selection of words taken out of context. Please stop feeding these vultures. Don't click the links!

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk sport spouting the same old drivel this morning zzzz

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No immediate talks but 'both sides relaxed about the situation' according to Sky this morning.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing to see here.

In recent years Sky Sports and Talksport (both part of the same group) seem to mainly function as marketing tools for the “football gambling” industry. Either for their own Skybet or one of their many sponsors such as Paddy Power.

All of the speculation they create is with the aim of getting punters to bet on the potential outcomes. In this Nuno example they have essentially manufactured a stay/go situation, hoping to attract punters to bet on where Nuno will be next Summer.

D

Deleted member 4099

All Sky have done here is probably stimulate a new contract for Nuno a bit earlier.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the one thing we've learnt over the years if that you're getting nothing but meaningless platitudes from Nuno in a press conference. He'll answers questions like a politician.

The one exception being the fixture schedule. Then he really lets rip!

M

merseawolf

All Sky have done here is probably stimulate a new contract for Nuno a bit earlier.
Not sure Fosun will be taking any notice of Sky Sports News or Talksport.
Pretty sure they know what they are doing.
You only have to watch their deadline day shambles every season.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Is this really news?! Why would we enter contract talks when there are still 18 months left? We’re not Aston Villa who hand out 4 year contracts to the chump managing them because he wins the odd game now and again.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dirty tricks ay it. A canny scot has decided a) they should have Nuno b) we are a big threat to European qualification.
Pull a few strings and hey presto an unsettling ****storm is created. It's the opening salvo in the war to get him away IMO.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is there’s nothing really for them to talk about (involving the clubs they are interested in). The title race is over, they won’t lower themselves to talk about the relegation teams/battle. The only thing they have is man united and their manager, which they seem to think is going to be Pochs.

To overcome this, make up random **** or **** stir. Sky news use to be a good place for the latest news, now it’s a joke. Did you see transfer shows they put on every night?? Absolute shambles.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes its all press hype and nonsense but I wish Fosun would start posting some positive news not only about Nuno but their overall future plans. The loss of three major figures at the club with no replacements so far plus the stalling of the stadium plans is a bit concerning.

It goes without saying that Fosun need to offer Nuno and his coaching team amazing terms going forward and secure them for at least another five years post 2021. We are so lucky to have Nuno who is one of the most highly rated managers in the world right now. Perhaps its just me but the club often seem to leave things to the last possible moment sometimes.

Jeff Shi has an awful lot on his plate right now and needs to sign up a top class right hand man and separately a high calibre sports director ahead of the summer break.
I'm sure some positive announcements will eventually emerge but Nuno is the key issue that needs sorting sooner rather than later to settle any player or fan concerns which will build up if the silences continue.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm confident a new contract is somewhere on Jeff Shi's list of things to do. To be fair he must be a busy chap. He's the Chairman, as well as acting MD and Sporting Director. He's got a stadium to redevelop. He's got to find a new head of the medical department. Plus someones got to make the tea.

D

Deleted member 4023

I think that people should stop reading or listening to all the bull**** put out by the media. The elite clubs use their muscle to manipulate 'news' If they cannot stop clubs like Wolves on the pitch, they get their lackeys to undermine us off the pitch. They constantly look for any remark or comment to fuel their agenda. They keep fans of the bigger clubs happy by feeding them sensational news about potential signings of players or possible managerial moves. On the flip side they know we have lots of negative pessimstic fans who only remember Wolves as an unsuccessful club for almost 50 years. The slightest "gossip " can cause panic & concern in our fanbase & see many reaching for their pampers or hitting their "sky is falling button"
People change jobs all the time - for family reasons, financial gain & many are headhunted - thats life, & we cannot change that.
Nuno has learned from past managerial mistakes & he is very astute. He knows how to work the press & toys with them constantly. What he, his team & the players have built in such a short space of time at Wolves is amazing, but could he replicate it at one of the bigger clubs - I doubt it. He probably wouldn"t get the time or the fans patience (some on here were quite vocal when we had a run of bad results)
As for the players & backroom staff??
who knows - but it seems to me that they have all bought into the project & are enjoying going head to head with the big teams on our great adventure. Few of them were household names or stars before they came here or were exceptional players, but collectively they have become
such a well oiled formidable machine & their abilities have improved considerably with our success

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real BS stories, headlines and assumptions made from this. Classic case of fake news which has spun the publics plate in this country for years on end, in every type of outlet and subject. No different here.

If you break down exactly what Nuno said, it is very, very positive. We have become his obsession. One of the best Managers in Europe, and Wolves has become his obsession. Pretty good valentines present if you ask me.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves on Sky tonight + slow news day = made up story about Nuno.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No surprises that some journalists want to make a story out of nothing. I just love all these attempts to destabilise our club we saw it in the Championship when we were a success and now its happening repeatedly in the premier league. One has to regard it as a very sound positive measure that the press feel the need to invent stories about us and it looks like we can look forward to it happening more and more. Bring it on!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football contracts mean nothing in reality anyway, especially a manager's one. They could give him a 6 year contract tomorrow, doesn't stop him resigning next week as he's unhappy. As for the Nuno won't leave bit, he'd be off tomorrow if Real Madrid or Barcelona come knocking. No one turns those jobs down, especially a manager of a mid table premier league team, have some realism folks

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No surprises that some journalists want to make a story out of nothing. I just love all these attempts to destabilise our club we saw it in the Championship when we were a success and now its happening repeatedly in the premier league. One has to regard it as a very sound positive measure that the press feel the need to invent stories about us and it looks like we can look forward to it happening more and more. Bring it on!

It’s not just us they are doing this to. I work in Leicester and they are doing it to them to as like us they are challenging the traditional top 6. For Leicester they tried to push Rodgers to Arsenal, and repeatedly sold Maddison to Man United. They can’t get their heads around things changing.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling within 18 months neither Nuno or Fosun will be at Wolves.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can imagine everyone involved gave themselves a massive pat on the back and high five on realising that his contract was ending and they could create a story over it.
What a load of rubbish

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much ado about nothing...

Both Nuno & Wolves will want to wait until season over...big difference in salary/contract/transfer budget for winning Europa Cup and 4th, and last 32 and mid-table.

This. Finished championship season, gave him a load of bonuses, evaluated, gave him a new deal with pay bump and extra year.
Ended first prem season, same again.

Haven’t extended his contract already before the end of the season? Oh no! Sky is falling.
********s.

Must say, pleasant lack of wetting going on here for a change.

D

Deleted member 5607AGP

Latest breaking on ticker tape on SSN
“Nuno signs 25 year contract but no plans for talks on extending it. Top teams hovering”
Within 5 minutes 25 websites and 347 people on twitter are claiming this as an exclusive........... and so it goes on.
“Fosun are leaving and 30,000 match day fans will be made redundant along with Pat and Chris in the tea hut” claims Jim Whites mobile phone in an exclusive interview.
The moral ‘Look to the future but learn from the past’
#Fakenewsisnotnewsit’slying

Back
Top Bottom