Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux redevelopment

beppe7619

Reaction score
Why don’t they open the gate on camp street for the away coaches to exit onto the Stafford road after the match

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that we had a new ground called 'The gold and black stadium'.
It was an all new ultra modern sleek shell like design in shiny gold and black
It was still in the same location but the club took the decision to rename it. This upset some fans so they considered adding old to the name making it 'the old gold and black stadium' to appease the traditionalists. That's when I woke up so I don't know the final decision.
Just putting it out there, I'm not in the know, it was only a dream!

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that we had a new ground called 'The gold and black stadium'.
It was still in the same location but the club took the decision to rename it. This upset some fans so they considered adding old to the name making it 'the old gold and black stadium' to appease the traditionalists. That's when I woke up so I don't know the final decision.
Don't eat cheese before you go to bed IaGH would be my recommendation :D

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd take it.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to Birmingham on the train last night, first time I've been down there for a while.
The new station front is gold and black, it looks brilliant
Any images? I can only think of the chrome frontage.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any images? I can only think of the chrome frontage.
I think he means Wolverhampton station.

It's gold and black with letters that spell out "Wolverhampton" sticking out the top. Although they hadn't finished when I was there so might be adding more.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anyone here anything about Steve Bull plans, since rumours from Stewards etc?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that the U23 game had to moved from Telford Utd back to Compton today, and not for the first time, perhaps it’s time to prepare for the Molineux redevelopment by committing to build the mooted “community/U23” stadium ASAP, and give it the possibility of a temporary capacity of 30k so it can be used whilst Molineux is being rebuilt.

Where? Compton, Aldersley? No idea if that is possible in those areas. Build an athletic and cycling track with the possibility of temporary seating. Shift the training ground to Lilleshall national sports centre.

Last edited:

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully here this month. I’d have thought if it was starting in May we’d hear very soon

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully here this month. I’d have thought if it was starting in May we’d hear very soon
I just don’t see it happening now. A project of this size you would have heard something substantial by now. They’d be well on their way to appointing the main contractor. Not saying this isn’t the case but it’s been kept very quiet for no real reason if it is.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we have a competition now between a rush to start next summer, and end of next season...

Anyone else got any leads?

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t going to start in May. If it is there would need to be detailed planning submitted by the end of December at the latest. Haven’t even had a consultation yet!

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The planning was passed for the Steve Bull when Morgan was here, unless that's expired?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think it expired in 2014 - they only got outline planning for East and South stands (Steve Bull & South Bank) and had to get full planning within 3 years

But wasn’t that all part of the proposal which included the new North Bank? And therefore having started (and completed) the NB under that planning permission, the rest of the permission remains extant?

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But wasn’t that all part of the proposal which included the new North Bank? And therefore having started (and completed) the NB under that planning permission, the rest of the permission remains extant?
Don’t know to be honest. I looked online and it stated we only had outline planning for phase 2 and 3. So presume that means we still need to get full planning

any experts on here know as I for sure don’t !!

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest have just announced redevelopment to start this May. It could still happen.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not saying it is going to happen but as the only objections could come from the uni & asda whos to say planning permission isn't all but sorted?
Out of curiosity ive recently tried to get the planning permission details for a site of a company that i contract for in Birmingham - work is well underway - but nothing to be found

D

Deleted as requested by user

The steelwork is out for tender, it is a tight schedule, I know one company is waiting on the outcome of Thursday before submitting theirs.

Lets hope they don't go Chinese for that!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope they don't go Chinese for that!
There is no stipulation that the steel has to be British. But there is so much foreign structural steel stock held in the UK anyway.

S

ShropshireLad

There is no stipulation that the steel has to be British. But there is so much foreign structural steel stock held in the UK anyway.
So I understand but then, although I know nothing about it myself,I am led to understand that the quality of Indian steel is alleged to not be very good.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are not going to buy materials that are going to cause the whole thing to collapse are they?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish the expansion would hurry up.
Only been able to get to 3 games this season.
Seems I won't have enough loyalty points to be able to get to any more.
My fault for living in the south-east and having children.
Am I like one of those plastic Mancs / Scousers that live all around me?
A glory hunter?
Thank goodness for internet streams
Very similar boat here. Wish they'd hurry up and legitimise live ppv coverage so I can throw money at Wolves.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are not going to buy materials that are going to cause the whole thing to collapse are they?
Of course not, only on the Mix can we go from getting tenders for steelwork to it turning into Chinese bamboo steel.

D

Deleted as requested by user

My points not a British only type thing pal.

The point is Chinese steel is massively unreliable there's been various issues and proven that most Chinese companies are lets just say a bit dodgy in their certification of raw material. Basically you're probably not getting what they're telling you you're getting!

I work for a company that will not touch Chinese steel at all, we manufacture safety critical parts. The majority of our big customers will specify 'non Chinese' material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom