Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VERDICT - WOLVES V FULHAM

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had Neves as MOM but Coady was superb (again).

His positioning and range of passing from the back is fantastic, and his leadership and infectious enthusiasm around the squad shouldn't be underestimated either.

Coady for England ;)
Well Pep Southgate is going for a new 3 man defence system.
Maybe he can pop down to see Nuno and get some pointers.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't it nice to see footballers look like footballers when playing proper football!! Think back to last season when we were slating waste of money Coady and hoofer Baath!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leo Bonatini you little beauty.Getting fitter and better every game he plays.Ran his socks off tonight.Neves,Wow.The 2 headed goals were great and a big mention to the Steve Bull stand.You were awesome tonight.Keep it up lads/lasses.

My 10 goes to the Steve Bull stand for making a right noise.;)

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good performance given the close proximity of the last few games.

Ruddy 7 - one wobble that could have been costly but after that solid.

Boly 8 - did everything needed and never looked flustered.

Coady 8 - same as Boly. He’s become one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Bennett 8 - what he lacked in pace against their winger he made up for in guile and positional sense.

Douglas 9 - two superb balls in for the goals. A great way to respsond to some less effective performances recently. A yellow means suspension against Reading.

Doherty 8 - another marauding performance from Doc. Some lovely balls into the box and sound defensively.

Saiss 8 - lovely header for the goal but lost his head for 30 seconds which could have proved costly. Other than that a good nights work.

Neves 10 - Gorgeous. Sumptuous. Ours.

Cavaleiro 7 - At times quite frustrating in his decision making but made up for it with some lovely work in the second half.

Jota 8 - perhaps not as effective today as other performances and probably should have had a couple of goals. Still looked a class above Fulham.

Bonatini 8 - 6 in 6. Best for 30 years. Need say no more.

SUBS

Enobakhare 3 - was pretty crap tbh. Either gave it away or stood watching as the Fulham players kept the ball in.

N’Diaye 6 - did everything that was needed with minimal fuss.

Marshall N/A - didnt have time to do much.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Leo Bonatini you little beauty.Getting fitter and better every game he plays.Ran his socks off tonight.Neves,Wow.The 2 headed goals were great and a big mention to the Steve Bull stand.You were awesome tonight.Keep it up lads/lasses.

My 10 goes to the Steve Bull stand for making a right noise.;)
Thankyou, I did my bit :);):);)

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely easy. Nowhere near our best yet still should've scored 3 or 4

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy! Told the wife that if I’m honest, we’ll win the league by March at this rate and then I can pay her more attention.

We didn’t break sweat. It wasn’t exciting because of it. We got the cushion and job done. I’m not sure Nuno will be overly pleased but it is what it is.

I think it shows how fearful teams are of us if nothing else.

Fulham, even 2-0 down we’re petrified to try and get anything from the game.

Maybe they did the right thing to limit the score because we were finding space against them even when playing 10 in their own half. If they had come forward we would’ve tore them a new bum hole.

Shi best start prepping for the premier.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Wow. Just, what a team. So comfortable it's untrue. Just hope Everton don't **** everything up by nabbing the best manager we have had since Cullis. If only God was a Wolves supporter...

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
My verdict is- We're top of the League!

Thought like, we were really comfortable tonight, if we needed to we could have stepped up another two or three levels, easily. Fulham's a good team, you can tell they try and play football and keep possession, but they just couldn't get near us at times. Think that's 8 clean sheets in 16 league games as well, so even though all the front players are getting the plaudits, rightfully and that, actually at the back we're fairly secure and sound.

I saw that Sky gave Douglas the man of the match, and even though he played well tbf, I would have said Neves if I was picking. Thought he was tremendous! Some of his passing under pressure was great, both the simple passes and the more ambitious ones. And if only that chance had gone in from his own half!

D

Deleted member 3751

Wow. Just, what a team. So comfortable it's untrue. Just hope Everton don't **** everything up by nabbing the best manager we have had since Cullis. If only God was a Wolves supporter...

Rumour just sparked up that Everton have agreed a compensation package with Burnley for Dyche

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just had a delusional Fulham fan on the train said if they could have defended set pieces they'd have won the game. We apparently did nothing!!!

Shame I thought more of Fulham fans. Maybe we need to rack up a couple of 5-0's so just so the likes of Fulham fans can sleep easy at night.

Cruise control was engaged tonight, never threatened always in control.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great result, very professional performance, not the most entertaining game you might ever see but we did what we needed to do and came away with the points so happy days. I think the momentum of the game was lost to some extent by our early goals, after that we had no particular reason to seek more goals and Fulham didn't have the ability to threaten us in any real way so the game lacked a sense of urgency for much of the time but I thought our game management, as they call it these days, was second to none. Its still quite hard to get used to the new way at Molineux after so many years, it was always us who conceded early and the game had an edge to it as we fought to get back on terms - when we went two up we played a lot of containing football which didn't go down too well with one chap near me in the Steve Bull but I think most people understood what we were doing. Which is not to say we sat back too much, in the second half we created lots of chances and again the only possible complaint from the evening is that we could have scored at least another one, Jota in particular will be mentally playing back his miss from about two feet for a while I should imagine and Leo could have had another but what the heck I'm not complaining.

I'm not sure who Sky had for MOTM and some on here are giving it to Neves which is entirely plausible, the guy is breathtaking and you have to constant remind yourself that this is Wolves yow'm watching but I reckon Bonatini is the one for me tonight, I'm more and more persuaded by him, I think he really is some player, apart from being the Championship's leading scorer there is just so much more to his game, he is involved in all sorts of stuff and is a real link for so much that builds from midfield, he has boundless energy and commitment and I was just thinking how knackered he looked when he was subbed. He'd worked so hard and contributed so much through the entire match so I give him MOTM tonight.

Lots of good performances but most people are also fallible, I noticed tonight, much as we love love Big Willy it took him a while to get into it, he made a succession of mistakes early doors but in the second half he came into his own and is capable of playing some forward balls that are simply, well, Neves-esque. Cav was a bit of a mixed bag too but we love him so we can forgive, a bit ironic when his 'Never gives the ball away' song is being sung and he, well, gives the ball away. Never mind.

These are the games where we can make hay this season. Fulham would fancy themselves I imagine as a football-playing side but as with teams such as Villa and Norwich etc we are just better at playing football than they are. Teams that don't want to play such as Cardiff, Preston, Barnsley etc are the ones that cause us more problems but if anyone actually wants to engage us in a sporting encounter then they are very likely to come off worse, long may it continue.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a delusional Fulham fan on the train said if they could have defended set pieces they'd have won the game. We apparently did nothing!!!

Shame I thought more of Fulham fans. Maybe we need to rack up a couple of 5-0's so just so the likes of Fulham fans can sleep easy at night.

Cruise control was engaged tonight, never threatened always in control.
To be fair to them I don’t think there was too much between the teams in the first half - other than the 2 goals from set pieces. Second half we stepped up a gear and took control. I just can’t believe how good we are! :)

W

WolfOfWellington

Just got home, what another superb evening!

Outclassed Fulham completely tonight. Another clean sheet. Another goal from Bonatini. Another superb display from the whole team.

Have to agree with others, Neves should have got MOTM, saying that we had two superb deliveries from Douglas for the goals.

Nobody had a bad game all at least 7.5 to 8 with the exception of Ruddy who I'd give a 6.5 and Enobakhare a solid 5.

Don't get the Enobakhare love. He's mainly a hinderance to the usual flow of play and I just can't see him getting it sorted any time soon. I realise he only got 15 - 20 mins and in fairness, out of position. Even so, I saw enough yet again.

On another note, well done North Bank and Steve Bull Stand. If this form continues, the Billy Wright might actually find their voice eventually.

Onwards!

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Agree with everyone, particularly Neves. So, so good.

Only negative, the atmosphere! Fair play to the guys in the corner of the South Bank, but it was awful for most the game.

Like the big club's when they're playing us in the Premier League, just a nothingness as we played well.

Was disappointed with the attendance and the atmosphere tbh.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we showed against Man City, this team can genuinely take on any team. Will we win every game, no, but each time we fail, we come back stronger. Every interview, Nuno and every player comes across as professional, focused on the next game, and grounded. I’ve never had the privilege of watching a Wolves team this good in my near 50 years of watching Wolves.
100pc agree. Ive been going 48 years and this is by far the best team i have seen us put out.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved tonight. We had a couple more gears and i agree with the other posters about Neves, the man is a genius and god only knows why he came here but I am so glad he did. Just one thing - was the south bank really having a go at the steve bull or was it banter? Where i was in the BQ it came over very badly

Ebbo

Reaction score
On the way out my mate said Willy Boly plays like a football coach dad playing in a training game with his U10's team. Too easy for him. Bigger and stronger, too skilful for them, with too much know how!!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved tonight. We had a couple more gears and i agree with the other posters about Neves, the man is a genius and god only knows why he came here but I am so glad he did. Just one thing - was the south bank really having a go at the steve bull or was it banter? Where i was in the BQ it came over very badly

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Just good banter :)

Mr E

Reaction score
Good job they had some pace at the back or it would have been 4 or 5.

Utterly wonderful time to be a Wolves fan. We're taking the ****!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every game there is something else you see about him. Today it was his method of tackling.

He knows when to stand off, he knows when to get right, knows when to go in hard and get rid and knows when to just get their first and chip it to an opponent.

Such a shame his shot from half way didn’t have more power . Would have capped out his show which he ran tonight

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a wolves team ‘toy’ with the opposition before. But these boys do. We always look like we have another gear to engage if needed (which ain’t looking likely). I’m putting Nuno forward for a knighthood!

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An easy win over a poor Fulham side, that should have been at least 6-0.

Ruddy - bad error that almost gifted Kmac a goal, some poor distribution tonight.

Central Defense - didn't really do anything wrong that I saw.

Douglas - awesome performance, 2 great assists.

Doc - looked very tired tonight, some poor crosses.

Neves - fantastic, bossed the midfield.

Jota - not a good day at the office.

Saiss - great header, got stuck in and did well.

Leo - great, should have had a hat-trick, great goal.

Cav - not his best game, I actually felt he was getting better before he was subbed.

Subs

N'Diaye - helped see the game out.

Bright - poor for his 20 minutes, Costa should have been given a run out. Gave away the ball with his first touch, then immediately gave a free kick. Got caught in possession again because passing it is difficult (I'm sure I heard some ironic cheers when he finally figured this out later on). Didn't get stuck in. In a game where we did a lot of harassing, his lack of work ethic stuck out. He should be chasing down defenders, tracking back. Needs a kick up the backside.

Marshall - nothing of note.

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Totally Agree with most posts that Neves was MOTM Pure Quality to good for Championship..............Hey just remembered, its November and we actually won a game o_O:D

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Banter mate.The same as what the North bank get.Did you not hear the south bank sing.
We love you Steve bull.and then did the same to the north bank.The south bank just want everyone to sing.:D

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Banter mate.The same as what the North bank get.Did you not hear the south bank sing.
We love you Steve bull.and then did the same to the north bank.The south bank just want everyone to sing.:D
I did but i just thought they loved steve bull the player, glad it was banter but i much prefer it when we sing other songs

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wasn't there tonight but as a lapsed South Bank season ticket holder I can say I only ever gave the other stands stick to get them to join in, I think I can safely say all the South Bank wants is for the other stands to join in the support and create a great atmosphere

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
A surprisingly comfortable win against a good footballing Fulham side, albeit they seem to lack cutting edge. In some ways it was a strange game, as i thought we were far from our best in the first half and a 2-0 half time somewhat flattered us in an even half. A far better second half where we created numerous chances but failed to find the net. I had been looking forward to this game since our great win at Norwich and the boys didn't disappoint me. Gutted that we now have to head into a boring international break.

Ratings;

Ruddy - Didn't have much to do all evening due to being superbly protected by those in front of him. Made an uncharacteristic mistake in dropping a cross which led to McDonald having Fulham's only real goalscoring chance. Other than one other well struck shot straight at him, had very little to do. 7

Bennett - Another rock solid display from the whole defence and Bennett continues to impress. Although he doesn't really stand out (as Boly does), he goes about his business and can certainly take his share of credit for consecutive clean sheets since returning to the side. Miranda and Batth may have to get used to being out of the starting 11 for a little while. 7.5

Coady - Another majestic performance from our stand-in captain. His positional sense is so good for somebody who's only been playing the position/role for a few months. When he steps out with the ball and sprays balls inside the full back, you could be mistaken for thinking you are watching Franz Beckenbauer. Ok, so that might be a slight overstatement, but i still have to pinch myself that he's the same player. 8.5

Boly - He's just a beast. Misplaced a couple of passes early on which is unlike him but his distribution improved as the game went on. Defensively, he never looked troubled and coasted through the game as he tends to do. Hoping there is no injury which caused him to come off at the end. Potentially just fatigue having played 2 games in 3 days after being out for 2 months. 8

Doherty - Caused plenty of problems for Fulham down our right-hand side. At times, he gave the massively talented Sessegnon a torrid time. If he can improve his final ball, he is a Premier League quality wing-back. He did so with one immaculate cross for Bonatini which was headed over. He and Douglas are such an important part of how we play. 7.5

Douglas - Continues to improve game by game following his injury. He was effectively our match winner today with two beautiful set-piece deliveries for the two goals. Also thought he coped quite well with the impressive Frederiks down their right hand side. Ludicrous booking (from an otherwise decent referee) when he actually won the ball. 8.5

Neves - Head and shoulders above everybody on the pitch. I am in danger of going OTT about his performance, but possibly the best Midfield performance i have ever seen in a Wolves game. If anybody disagrees with that, i would encourage them to re-watch the game, and just focus on Neves. He had everything today; sumptuous passing, quick feet in tight positions, unbelievable vision, workrate, winning tackles, even an attempt at goal from about 70 yards. While others get headlines, he is comfortably our most important player. 9.5

Saiss - I was quite surprised that he came straight back in at the expense of N'Diaye who i thought was really good in mid-week. Saiss didn't betray Nuno's faith and a solid display. He is an excellent foil for Neves in midfield and topped off a solid performance with an important early goal. 7.5

Cavaleiro - Another mixed bag from Cav. Some moments of excellence, including a wonderful give-and-go with Bonatini which Leo volleyed wide. But you always feel like there's more in the locker and at times can frustrate. In the team on merit at the moment, but you feel that if Costa can get up to full fitness then Cavaleiro is the one whose position is most at threat. 7.5

Jota - Could have had a hat-trick on another day with some great chances that you may expect he could have done better with. In particular, one chance in the second half where the ball seemed to get stuck under his feet when it seemed inevitable he would score. However, he remains our most potent attacking threat and worried their defence for most of the game. Assume he will be involved with Portugal U21's but would like him to have a rest over the next couple of weeks. 7.5

Bonatini - Another game, another goal as he moves into double figures for the season. He is also now the leagues top scorer (wish i'd have followed my gut and backed him at 33-1 at the start of the season). Once again, could have easily had a couple more, but if he keeps scoring at this rate, i certainly won't be complaining about the ones he misses. 8

Subs

Enobakhare - Didn't really get into the game as we went into auto-pilot for the last 15 minutes. Still a few nice 'twinkle-toes' moments. 6.5
Marshall/N'diaye - Neither really had enough time to affect the game. N/A.

Well done Nuno and the lads. On we go after the break. Let's hope for the favourable results at the weekend which help us build the gap.

M

Mr Wolf

Fulham we’re ****ing awful & played right into our hands. Again sloppy finishing kept the game closer than it should have been.

Quite simply though Neves, Coady & Boly were 9/10 with Neves giving one of the best performances from a CM I’ve ever seen. That is your standard now, don’t let it drop.

Back
Top Bottom