Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VERDICT - WOLVES V FULHAM

D

Deleted member 3518

Absolutely and then it will backfire big time. It’s ok whilst we are doing well.

Maybe Amsterdam would have been better mate need to chill, no chance our super-charged engine's going to backfire shifting to overdrive!!:D:D

R

reanswolf

Maybe Amsterdam would have been better mate need to chill, no chance our super-charged engine's going to backfire shifting to overdrive!!:D:D
So it seems Nick. No one is happier than me and beating Fulham made my big day complete.

Can’t chill in Amsterdam with all that window shopping !!;)

O

oldwulf

Today is the 60th anniversary of my first visit to Molineux, when I saw Wolves beat Forest 2-0 on their way to the title, so similarities to now. I can no longer attend because of Parkinson's but, to celebrate, I invited my brother over to watch on Sky with me. He rang, very distraught, at 7pm to say he wouldn't be able to make it because there was an oil problem with his car. i told him to get the RAC out and get to me as soon as he could. We would then watch the video together. I promised not to peek at the screen and he likewise swore he wouldn't listen on the radio. We finally started watching at 9.35 pm. I must admit that, although I didn't watch or listen to any play before this, I couldn't resist having a quick peep at the latest score on Text and so knew we were leading 2-0 at half time. This knowledge didn't make the 2nd half any less nerve wracking, as we yearned for the 3rd goal that would kill it off.

So my first match was a 2-0 win and my diamond jubilee match was likewise. Let's hope that, just as in 1958, we will finish the season as Champions.

D

Deleted member 3518

Hi Oldwulf one year behind you, next year is my 60th anniversary and fortunately still able to attend despite one or two mobility issues.

In all honesty this is the first time for years I have hope that we may be on our way back to where we where when I started and absolutely loving it as had given up hope previously, just pray I last to see it happen.

M

merseawolf

Hi Oldwulf one year behind you, next year is my 60th anniversary and fortunately still able to attend despite one or two mobility issues.

In all honesty this is the first time for years I have hope that we may be on our way back to where we where when I started and absolutely loving it as had given up hope previously, just pray I last to see it happen.
You'll still be going strong when we win Champions League

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today is the 60th anniversary of my first visit to Molineux, when I saw Wolves beat Forest 2-0 on their way to the title, so similarities to now. I can no longer attend because of Parkinson's but, to celebrate, I invited my brother over to watch on Sky with me. He rang, very distraught, at 7pm to say he wouldn't be able to make it because there was an oil problem with his car. i told him to get the RAC out and get to me as soon as he could. We would then watch the video together. I promised not to peek at the screen and he likewise swore he wouldn't listen on the radio. We finally started watching at 9.35 pm. I must admit that, although I didn't watch or listen to any play before this, I couldn't resist having a quick peep at the latest score on Text and so knew we were leading 2-0 at half time. This knowledge didn't make the 2nd half any less nerve wracking, as we yearned for the 3rd goal that would kill it off.

So my first match was a 2-0 win and my diamond jubilee match was likewise. Let's hope that, just as in 1958, we will finish the season as Champions.
Great tale oldwolf, stay strong mate UTW

S

ShropshireLad

TBH, words fail me for a change, matey. Take care and keep happy. ;)

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score

Fabulous post, I was born in 1960 the year we last won the FA CUP, :)

R

reanswolf

Thanks for the update Old Wulf. You are part of our Wolves family, and we do care.
I agree, as always, a 3rd goal helps calm the nerves. Still, that was a great win.

O

oldwulf

We'll both make it Rhoswolf! We'll see our beloved team in the Champions League, the old European Cup, which was harder to get in back then since you had to be Champions.

It didn't look likely we would see the glory days again but now it looks as if it could well happen. Aren't we incredibly lucky!

Good health to you and keep going to your Diamond, Platinum and Golden Sapphire anniversaries.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about the 'we love you Steve Bull we do' after? It was just fun. All the people in J8/9 are just South Bankers who can't get in any more anyway, not that it matters.
No we ain't

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

:kissingheart:

E

Essex Wolf

Pretty much everything that needs saying about Friday already has been so I won't bore people with my views other than to say that this is about the best Wolves side I've seen in many years at any level I can recall.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope no one minds me posting these, just think it’s nice if anyone looks back, highlight, interviews can all be seen on the verdict thread.

Also the music on this video is by my mates sons band hailing from Bloxwich.

Love those highlights. Very well put together and shows some of the skill and passion that you miss in the conventional Sky distance footage.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope no one minds me posting these, just think it’s nice if anyone looks back, highlight, interviews can all be seen on the verdict thread.

Also the music on this video is by my mates sons band hailing from Bloxwich.
Very good. I like the Nuno/Coady hug at the end. Both soaked with rain but oblivious to it.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seeing some of these highlights for the first time.. my lad decided he wanted to leave after the first goal! :-/

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I like Ruddy shaking hands with the soldiers at the start. A really nice touch. I always kind of feel uncomfortable watching servicemen and women giving footballers a guard of honour before the game, it should be the other way round I reckon, if anything. Just thought it was lovely to see someone acknowledging them, rather than just walking past. Well done John!

Back
Top Bottom