Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VERDICT - WOLVES V FULHAM

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very comfortable win! Didn't come out of 2nd gear, Neves my MOTM, Bonatini close second! 4pts clear, downside, we have to wait two weeks before Reading! Well done Nuno and the boys! COYW!

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Great start, then a slightly lacklustre 20 minutes before completely controlling the game in the second half.

Thought Coady, Bonatini, Doherty and Cavaleiro (second half) were great and Neves was just imperious.

Going to take a good side to finish above us.

Ruddy 6 - Not really tested. Horrible handling error first half but good distribution.

Bennett 7 - Very steady. Yet to put a foot wrong.

Coady 8 - So important to this team in terms of his leadership and ability on the ball.

Boly 7 - We look more assured with him playing. A magnificent beast indeed.

Doherty 8 - Great all-round performance. Considering the number of games he has played, his stamina is phenomenal.

Saiss 7 - Great goal. Was slightly worried that he would collect a second yellow but composed and had a very good second half.

Neves 9 - A midfield masterclass

Douglas 8 - Did well against their best player Fredericks. Extra mark for two fantastic deliveries.

Cavaleiro 8 - Wasteful first half but great work-rate and quality in the second.

Bonatini 8 - A complete all-round performance. Great touch, movement and hold-up play, and his customary goal. Love that he has scored more goals than Birmingham.

Jota 7 - Relatively quiet game by his own ridiculously high standards but still oozes quality on the ball.

Subs:

Bright 5 - Great talent but seems to struggle to adjust to the pace of the game as a sub.

N'Diaye 6 - Helped close the game out.

Marshall N/A

Thought we looked incredibly well-drilled in defence and great to head into the international break with a clean sheet and top of the table.

If we can just get Costa back to anything resembling last season's form...

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good performance, a couple of scares at the back which could have been put away by a better team though.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was a class performance. Apart from last 10 minutes of the 1st half we had the game in total control. Could have scored 1 or 2 more in the 2nd half and Fulham created nothing. The job that Nuno has done in less than half a year is nothing short of phenomenal. This team looks like they've been playing together for years. And no mother what the line-up is.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comfortable.
For the first time I am actually looking forward to the so called "International Break" !!
Roll on Reading.

F

Flashheart

The end of the first half was a bit sloppy, but we totally cruised in the second half. Probably should have won 3 or 4 nil. Great deliveries from Douglas for the goals and my man of the match, they won us the game in the end. Entertaining and 3 more comfortable points. Being from Australia I love those Friday night games, saves me from having to get up at 2am to watch it.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well i'd have snapped your hand off if you offered 9 points from the last 4 games.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so over the moon I can clearly see Mars! :p
Despite this being our traditionally awful November we are off to a tremendous start already.
Although this not being our best performance of the season we made Fulham seem almost poor by comparison.
An easy job to give markings.
Nuno 10!.
Douglas 8.5.
Neves 8.5.
Rest 8.

The Premier league here we come!
UTW!!! :):):):):)

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great start, then a slightly lacklustre 20 minutes before completely controlling the game in the second half.

Thought Coady, Bonatini, Doherty and Cavaleiro (second half) were great and Neves was just imperious.

Ruddy 6 - Not really tested. Horrible handling error first half but good distribution.

Coady 8 - So important to this team in terms of his leadership and ability on the ball.

Doherty 8 - Great all-round performance. Considering the number of games he has played, his stamina is phenomenal.

Saiss 7 - Great goal. Was slightly worried that he would collect a second yellow but composed and had a very good second half.

Douglas 8 - Did well against their best player Fredericks. Extra mark for two fantastic deliveries.

Cavaleiro 8 - Wasteful first half but great work-rate and quality in the second.

Bonatini 8 - A complete all-round performance. Great touch, movement and hold-up play, and his customary goal. Love that he has scored more goals than Birmingham.

Jota 7 - Relatively quiet game by his own ridiculously high standards but still oozes quality on the ball.

Subs:

Bright 5 - Great talent but seems to struggle to adjust to the pace of the game as a sub.

Marshall N/A

Thought we looked incredibly well-drilled in defence and great to head into the international break with a clean sheet and top of the table.

Spot on Tring. This team is a joy to watch.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
marvellous, loving this season. come on u robins

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Dominant performance, Neves was brilliant in Midfield and Willy Boly didn’t look he had to break into a sweat all night.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't usually post on verdicts as I've often had a few pints and don't feel I can make a sensible contribution :)

Tonight I watched it on TV in the local though and I have to say that Neves was absolutely fantastic, head and shoulders above everyone else. He was forever finding space, calling and collecting the ball and passing short and long with pinpoint accuracy. Every time he had the pass worked out well before receiving the ball. And his closing down of the opposition and reducing their space was similarly impressive.

Douglas played well which pleased me as I felt he came in for too much criticism v QPR. I was in Z2 at loftus road so he was in front of me first half and he really took some rough stuff without protection from the ref.

Not the most impressive performance this evening but there were lots of positives and, crucially, we got the three points so I'm happy.

UTW

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Subs:

Marshall N/A

What a report Tring from someone so qualified as you. At 76 years of age I've waited for too long to have a team like this representing those of the golden era(s)
If your analysis is true, and how I hope it is, the following months and years are going to bring back stature to the boys in old gold and black.
UTW

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we showed against Man City, this team can genuinely take on any team. Will we win every game, no, but each time we fail, we come back stronger. Every interview, Nuno and every player comes across as professional, focused on the next game, and grounded. I’ve never had the privilege of watching a Wolves team this good in my near 50 years of watching Wolves.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comfortable win.

Neves (closely followed by Doherty) the pick of the bunch.

Bonatini and Jota should have both had a hat trick.

The pressure on the opposition from our pressing and work rate is phenomenal

Sign Fredericks up as competition for Doherty!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quality all round and looked way above our opponents when we moved up a gear. Should have scored more but I'm sure we would have if we had to do.

S

ShropshireLad

Just got back from a pal's who reckoned that there was no way we'll not get promotion this season. Too easy.

I dunno yet but I'm quietly optimistic. Pity about the missed chances but it was a game between men and boys. The glass is 3/4 full. Bring on Reading.:cool:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How high a line were Fulham playing?! Awful tactics, we must’ve got in behind 20 tiles in the first half alone.

Neves was everywhere. Class.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as I heard Nuno's pre match interview I knew we would win this comfortably. He has an aura around him right now and the performance on the pitch reflects his intelligence, drive, determination and one pointed focus on getting the details right. He also shows humility and respect for whichever opposition we are up against. A great ambassador as well as tactician for the club. This could turn out to be a great period for the club if we can hang on to him. Re the match - Fredericks is a handy player who perhaps should be considered in the future for RB spot competition but overall, even not totally at our best, we look a class above right now with Neves as Commander-in chief. Only real weakness is we don't score the goals/take enough of the chances our domination often deserves and another classy striker option is still a priority for January to keep the wave rolling forward in the New Year. Also Boly does make a real difference at the back which means that both Batth and Miranda, never mind Hause, have a fight on their hands to get back in the team. Let's stretch our lead this November/December and by the end of the year be well out of reach of say the 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams.

S

ShropshireLad

They are right.

- We are still work in progress.

We have won games in which we have not played our best yet still won convincingly.

This is our time. Enjoy it.

WWFC
I'm sure that I've demonstarted that I am.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just got back from a pal's who reckoned that there was no way we'll not get promotion this season. Too easy.

I dunno yet but I'm quietly optimistic. Pity about the missed chances but it was a game between men and boys. The glass is 3/4 full. Bring on Reading.:cool:

Anyone with an objective viewpoint would say we're odds on to go up but we're Wolves fans and we've experienced heartache so many times so none of us are going to relax till it's certain

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Never broke sweat. Coady was my MOTM

I had Neves as MOM but Coady was superb (again).

His positioning and range of passing from the back is fantastic, and his leadership and infectious enthusiasm around the squad shouldn't be underestimated either.

Coady for England ;)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never got out of second gear because we didn't need too, Fulham made it far too easy for us, we threatened briefly to over run them but Cav was taken off (who was having a superb second half) and we lost momentum. So so comfortable, one of those games you never feel worried about losing.

Hinchcliffe gave MOM to Douglas but what does he know, Neves was sexy as **** out there and should have got the accolade

Back
Top Bottom