Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Bosz

molinew

Reaction score
I'm nervous for similar reasons to many, not least the further evidence of a lack of a coherent approach to the candidates. But failure at Dortmund, Leverkusen and Lyon is no indication of how well he'd do at Wolves. The simple reality is we are nowhere near the level of those clubs. Nuno hasn't really been particularly successful anywhere apart from Wolves, and Moyes nearly took West Ham into Europe despite having previously been a laughing stock.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he got it from the new American owners

:laughing:

In all seriousness I genuinely want to know, because if it is the same source take with a huge pinch of salt because they don’t have the best track record whoever is giving him the info! If it’s someone different then maybe there’s something to it. For what it’s worth I used to get snippets from some one in the agency world, but even they joke now that they reckon Jeff sends anyone he plans on talking to an NDA before he even phones them!

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
I'm nervous for similar reasons to many, not least the further evidence of a lack of a coherent approach to the candidates. But failure at Dortmund, Leverkusen and Lyon is no indication of how well he'd do at Wolves. The simple reality is we are nowhere near the level of those clubs. Nuno hasn't really been particularly successful anywhere apart from Wolves, and Moyes nearly took West Ham into Europe despite having previously been a laughing stock.
exactly every manager/coach is a risk and will split the fanbase.I have always said you can have the best coach in the world but could they manage let`s say Rochdale?with respect just using them as an example

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was going to say this last week, long before this guy was mentioned.

I don’t think Wolves or Fosun are looking for a title or cup winning coach, and certainly not one I for whom that is the be and end all. We wouldn’t hire a Pep or Klopp even if we could, because that’s not what Fosun are about. They bought Wolves to make money, not to win trophies. Making money is about being stable in the upper half of the PL, and ideally, routine qualification for Europe. That’s what’s turned an also ran club like Spurs into a multi billion pound business. That’s what made the Sky 6 the dominant group they are. Sure in the long run, if you’ve reached that level, then fans and sponsors will demand some silverware too, but that’s years away for Wolves, even if the plan works.
Winning trophies equals success and success attracts money. It also attracts better players and managers.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winning trophies equals success and success attracts money. It also attracts better players and managers.

At the margin yes, but not at this stage of our development. If you are an owner seeking to maximise profit then regular finishes in European qualification spots whilst not having to spend big to chase titles or cups makes more financial sense.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Sounds like the exact opposite kind of manager to Julen Lopetegui which is a worry to me that the board aren't targeting a head coach who is suited to the players we have. Isn't exactly liked by fans of previous clubs which says a lot also, Walter Zenga part 2 i think

W

WasStefan

Sounds like the exact opposite kind of manager to Julen Lopetegui which is a worry to me that the board aren't targeting a head coach who is suited to the players we have. Isn't exactly liked by fans of previous clubs which says a lot also, Walter Zenga part 2 i think
how? both play 4231 no?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone can keep the ball if you pass it constantly across your back four. Our problems start when we look to go forward....
From my perception, our problems start in the final 3rd. We pass the ball well up till that point, then seemingly run out of ideas/options.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they are interested in Bosz who has only really done half-decent at Leverkusen in recent times, shouldn't the Swiss guy who got Leverkusen a place higher in the league, while also scoring more goals than they ever did under Bosz, has won league titles and who has just been sacked - no compensation bonus, Jeff! - also be interviewed?

He can also... wait for it... * ta da* speak fluent Portuguese (and Spanish and French)!

....or is his name still on a piece of paper waiting to be drawn out of Sellars' magic hat?

Last edited:

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Know nothing about the guy, but I’m still convinced whoever it is, is in a role. Surely we would have appointed if they are available?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Today's update from Betfair's 'Wolves next manager' market continues to tell the same story. No-one knows...

There's been about three hundred quid traded since yesterday, with Beale - no surprise - being the most heavily-bet manager. That said, there's still a few quid available at nearly 5/2. Interestingly the 4/1 on Nuno has been taken. Maybe there's still hope for the BBN brigade...

You can back Bish Bash Bosz at 2/1. As at 1pm there has been the princely sum of £13.99 bet on him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Steve Davis as the new favourite if Wolves win tonight...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said this in another post. All the linked managers seem to all have vastly differing styles of play (that require completely different players). It really does look like we don't have a clue what we want to do next.

The Brighton CEO was interviewed on Sky the other guy. They have lists of potential head coaches who all play in the style they want to. I get the impression our lot dont.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Brighton CEO was interviewed on Sky the other guy. They have lists of potential head coaches who all play in the style they want to. I get the impression our lot dont.
Our succession planning is crap. Dating back to when Mick was sacked, when Stale was sacked and now Bruno, we seem to knee-jerk with no thought to what or who comes next. Similarly with our transfer targets. We reputedly have thousands of dossiers on players that we may be interested in, yet sign a striker that breaks down within 5 minutes, leave ourselves short in several key positions and allegedly sign players that the manager/coach doesn't want.
Other clubs (including in this case, lowly Brighton) are streets ahead.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
how? both play 4231 no?
Different styles of play though. Bosz tends to play high intense pressing and very attacking. Not sure we have the forwards to play a high pressing game to be honest. Formations generally vary mid games anyway during different transition periods.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my perception, our problems start in the final 3rd. We pass the ball well up till that point, then seemingly run out of ideas/options.
I think creativity and the right ball in the final third is a part of the problem but so is the SPEED with which we move the ball resulting in defences being able to regroup and make it more difficult for us when we get to the final third.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers get fired all the time in fairness but going for someone who leaves quickly and whose recent clubs hate him wreaks of failed journeyman.

I just don't understand our thinking here. We're in a hole where the last thing we need is someone whose teams can't defend. That'd be a recipe for relegation.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to the end of the season until Julen is available ?
I have a feeling the next appointment will be a caretaker........even if the candidate doesn't realise it. The length of the contract will be interesting....

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who is overseeing this new manager search. It's getting ridiculous now imo. This bloke is another no hoper.
I assume they are struggling having made a decision to go outside the Mendes stable.

They are not used to conducting a broad search after just giving it to Bruno last summer.

W

WasStefan

Different styles of play though. Bosz tends to play high intense pressing and very attacking. Not sure we have the forwards to play a high pressing game to be honest. Formations generally vary mid games anyway during different transition periods.
Like the sound of that. Playing a back 4 is a massive tick though.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's not winning titles and cups but... then there's also doing better or worse than expected with the resources at hand. Wolves finished midtable last season, spent 100m, and were 3rd from bottom, so Lage's xP (made up stat, expected position) was disappointing. If the club usually finishes 2nd-3rd (like Dortmund), they don't win much, but finishing 6th is poor.
Agreed. I wasn’t suggesting that Bosz is the man for us, his recent record looks decidedly underwhelming, my comment was simply in response to a number of posters on this and other threads basing success purely on trophies won.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Won less than Stevie G as a manager perhaps.......
Won nothing fair enough can't argue with that. But took a 3rd division dutch side to Europe and upper half finishes in the Dutch league hence the Ajax job, then Dortmund paid a record at the time to get him out of his contract.
He may not work out here but he is a very experienced manager. Europa league final is no big deal for Ajax but I wouldn't say no.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they are interested in Bosz who has only really done half-decent at Leverkusen in recent times, shouldn't the Swiss guy who got Leverkusen a place higher in the league, while also scoring more goals than they ever did under Bosz, has won league titles and who has just been sacked - no compensation bonus, Jeff! - also be interviewed?

He can also... wait for it... * ta da* speak fluent Portuguese (and Spanish and French)!

....or is his name still on a piece of paper waiting to be drawn out of Sellars' magic hat?

too successful

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to judge it based on the expectations those clubs have and the players at his disposal. Don’t forget this is a Wolves squad that is underachieving as well, and Bosz doesn’t get the best out of his teams if you base it on results vs expectations, and fan opinions.

There’s no reason to think that would suddenly change either.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being funny but we had 2 excellent years in the PL then a 13th place finish during a covid year with no striker. Nuno then barely got 5 minutes at Spurs after winning manager of the month.

The two managers in question can't be compared.
He won manager of the month when they won their first 3 matches. He would have won worst manager in the league for his follow-up at Spurs.

He followed that up that start with 5 wins, 2 draws, and 7 losses in his next 14 games. And Spurs scored just 19 times (giving up 23) in those 14 games. They scored 22 in his 17 games. That's a -1 differential in 17 games. Do you know what Spurs finished with after Nuno was fired? 14 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses. And they improved their goal differential from -1 to +29. That's absolutely insane (and hopefully what happens with us when we hire a new manager).

He was god awful at Spurs, regardless of the hot start. Nuno can't adapt. He just can't. He's got his style of play and it either works or doesn't. For us, it worked extremely well for two years. And then it didn't. And then it really didn't at Spurs despite having far more talent than Wolves.

He's now managing in a league worse than MLS which is a terrible quality of football.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I’m always looking to new opportunities. Watch the NFL and sort of understand it now after about 8 years of confusion. Have tried with the hockey too and all I ever think is that they are bloody mental. Hahaha however if you ever have any good betting tips on the hockey then throw them this way haha
Hahaha, I'd say NHL hockey is hardest sport to bet on because that puck can just trickle in at any moment. There's so many shots that some random shot is bound to go in. My favourite game of all-time, my team the Montreal Canadiens were down 5-0. They won 6-5. My dad gave up on the game and went to bed. I kept watching and I've never seen something so magical.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hahaha, I'd say NHL hockey is hardest sport to bet on because that puck can just trickle in at any moment. There's so many shots that some random shot is bound to go in. My favourite game of all-time, my team the Montreal Canadiens were down 5-0. They won 6-5. My dad gave up on the game and went to bed. I kept watching and I've never seen something so magical.

I do reasonably well betting on NFL mainly the player props markets. But recently quite enjoy watching the NHL. No way would I play it though…… they are absolutely mental haha

Back
Top Bottom