Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Bosz

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well it'd certainly be entertaining

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dortmond and lyon get him in.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Seems like he's had a very patchy career. Here's a summary of his style from Wikipedia:

Bosz favours an attacking style of play, based on ball possession and aggressive pressing. Furthermore, Bosz's tactical ideas are heavily influenced by the football of Johan Cruyff.

As a result of this attacking style, Bosz has changed the positions of many of his players. Bosz won plaudits for his conversion of Lasse Schone, who played on the wing for Frank de Boer into the holding midfield position, utilising Schone's technique to enhance Ajax's build-up play. Furthermore, Julian Brandt, was moved from the position of left-winger under Heiko Herrlich into a central attacking midfield position by Bosz, which resulted in a significant upturn in form.

However, Bosz's style does have its detractors. His failure at Dortmund was partly credited to a perceived idealistic attacking approach which left Dortmund continuously vulnerable to the counter-attack.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like he's had a very patchy career. Here's a summary of his style from Wikipedia:

Bosz favours an attacking style of play, based on ball possession and aggressive pressing. Furthermore, Bosz's tactical ideas are heavily influenced by the football of Johan Cruyff.

As a result of this attacking style, Bosz has changed the positions of many of his players. Bosz won plaudits for his conversion of Lasse Schone, who played on the wing for Frank de Boer into the holding midfield position, utilising Schone's technique to enhance Ajax's build-up play. Furthermore, Julian Brandt, was moved from the position of left-winger under Heiko Herrlich into a central attacking midfield position by Bosz, which resulted in a significant upturn in form.

However, Bosz's style does have its detractors. His failure at Dortmund was partly credited to a perceived idealistic attacking approach which left Dortmund continuously vulnerable to the counter-attack.
I'll take a .500 record and +15 goal differential over what we've had the last few years.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I'll take a .500 record and +15 goal differential over what we've had the last few years.
I know you're Canadian and proud, but do you consistently use terms like this just to wind us up?! I thought it was innocent but I'm starting to wonder!

You're welcome to use them on the NFL thread in the OT Forum :tongueout:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As with many others, his recent record looks somewhat shaky, and Lacazette among other have apparently said they don’t understand his tactics for defending. Who knows. I’ve never heard of him until just now.
I just hope we get a perfect fit and new coach bounce, whoever it is.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea who that man is.
I eagerly await the Mix's in depth breakdown of win percentages, trophy tallys, style of football , character profile and heated debate on how Much worse than Martins he is. Sack Jeff and sellars blahblah I love Nuno.
Somewhat shocking. He was a longtime player in both Netherlands and France.

And he's coached some pretty big teams of late. Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, and most recently, Lyon.

Apparently Lyon has a much shorter leash than us. They started the season with 4 wins, 1 draw. Then they only picked up 1 draw in the next 5 matches.. but they lost against 4 really good teams. PSG, Lens, Lorient, and Monaco. He was sacked after a draw against Toulouse. Very strange sacking, in my opinion.

Didn't work out for them very well, as they lost their very next game too.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against this.

His record is mixed but all the clubs he was with had a clear way of playing that were great to watch. He failed at times there but they're all at levels above us.

I want this side to attack more, to play on the front foot and to start having a go.

His teams do that and a general concern is how they defend. Maybe I'm overrating our lot but if you have Collins, Kilman, Semedo as three of the back four, and Neves sitting in front, I think that's a great base.

Then we'd be getting a coach with good attacking patterns, high pressing - basically everything we're not in the final third.

It's a risk but they're all a risk really.

I think just falling short of expectations with Lyon and doing well on the whole with Leverkusen is on a different world entirely to 15 games with QPR, for example.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don’t think so. Seems to have had his greatest success at Man U which was losing to Man U in Euro League. Just been sacked by Lyon for not winning for 5 games and getting 1 point. Seems to have lost the jobs at Leverkusen and Dortmund for the same reasons. I really don’t want a Zenga/Bruno mark 2.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lyon drew with promoted Toulouse 1-1 on Friday to snap a four-game losing streak, its worst run of form in the league since 1991. Bosz was booed by the fans when the stadium announcer read his name before kickoff. Lyon was in seventh place before Sunday’s games, eight points outside the top three spots.

Lyon said the results “remained well below the expectations and goals defined.”
Qualifying for the Champions League has been a target this season for a club that won seven straight league titles from 2002 to 2008.
Bosz is known for his attacking style of play but his teams are also vulnerable to a fast break.

The Dutch coach was already expected to be dismissed last season when Lyon wound up in eighth place for its worst finish since 1997.

hmmm…

Back
Top Bottom