Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United Verdict

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely bilderwilded how we didn't take 3 points from that!

Fabulous finish by Raul for our's, but absolutely horrific postitioning for the leveller and it isn't the 1st time Rui has been caught out over a set piece.

Dominated for much of the game and should have taken those chances away.

Even if that is 10 from an opening 18; 4 more than at this stage last season, that is 2 Points dropped I am afraid!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season of transition I guess but my god I hate playing Newcastle with an almost visceral passion.

You just knew they would score from a ****ty set piece.

Dog **** team.

We were tidy but uninspiring going forward.

Rubbish match.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have won
Should of won
Day win

When you’re playing for a 1-0 every game sometimes it doesn’t do to plan.

Not incisive enough, not clinical enough and lack ideas in the final third I’m afraid.

Silva is looking a pointless signing, as is Vitinha. Adama as an impact player isn’t going to do his form any favours.

Donk excellent as was Neto.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So predictable.

Exactly the sort of stupid draw that cost us a European spot last season.

Lets not pretend otherwise, Newcastle are dreadful. Why on earth we felt the need to keep 3 CB's on is absolutely beyond me. Podence was our best player and he gets taken off for a like for like substitution.

Of course, the midfield doesn't help. Neves had a good game in the most part, but our lack of creativity is staggering. It cost us last season, and will continue to do so until we do something about it.

As frustrating a result as I've felt in a long time. Mainly because it was just so typical.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor decision making, shooting instead of passing, not using the overlap enough... not having a man making the wall wide of the post... I could go on as it the reasons that we’ve not won that tonight.

We weren’t bad by any means. Newcastle were though and were there for the taking and we just didn’t do enough.

Podence, Neto and perhaps even Traore, all hugely talented and exciting to watch, but still some way off being the finished articles.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well.......
we played great, were sharp, gas in the tank, good passing and possession. Energized.
Like a new team.
Massive improvement all round.

but, my god.....Neto........wow.

D

Deleted member 5635

Lots of possession but virtually zero cutting edge or tempo.

Newcastle came for a draw and got one and apart from their goal offered nothing.

keep the ball after we score like the other 80mins and we get 3 points, but we decided to drop as deep as possible and when that happens you take the risk.

A hard watch as well with the lack of tempo

D

Deleted member 11332

Awful result against one of the worst sides in the division. Rare mistake from Rui. Didn't create anywhere near enough.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical Newcastle game. Bored us into submission for long periods.
Having gone ahead very frustrating to throw the win away.
Thought we played OK will look better with a natural lwb

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So predictable.

Exactly the sort of stupid draw that cost us a European spot last season.

Lets not pretend otherwise, Newcastle are dreadful. Why on earth we felt the need to keep 3 CB's on is absolutely beyond me. Podence was our best player and he gets taken off for a like for like substitution.

Of course, the midfield doesn't help. Neves had a good game in the most part, but our lack of creativity is staggering. It cost us last season, and will continue to do so until we do something about it.

As frustrating a result as I've felt in a long time. Mainly because it was just so typical.
We’ve been crying out for an attacking midfielder for ages. instead of spunking £35 million on a kid who may or may not be the next big thing why didn’t we go all out to get Dony Van De Beek?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re honest, we edged it. That’s it.

However you can have no complaints when you play as we do.

Negativity with the 18. Vitinha should be in. Negativity from the first XI. Saiss should not be playing. Negativity in the sub. Ait-Nouri should come on. And negativity with the whole approach.

Against Newcastle. And not just any Newcastle. This is a Newcastle XI that will be spoken about in the next 10-20 years. ‘Do you remember when he played Almiron and Fraser at CM for a PL game’. Infuriating.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We’ve been crying out for an attacking midfielder for ages. instead of spunking £35 million on a kid who may or may not be the next big thing why didn’t we go all out to get Dony Van De Beek?
Because he'd obviously rather play for Man United, obviously.

North Bank

Reaction score
That is definitely 2 points dropped. Dominated possession all game although not really creating a lot of chances. As said it the comms thread, was a very soft goal to give away.

Positives to take -
- Another goal for Raul
- Kilman had another solid performance, found himself taking the ball forward with the ease and then slotting straight back into the back 3. I think he could even push further forward as long as Saiss/Marcel covered.
- Apart from the goal, Patricio barely had anything to do to
- We actually played well first half

I said at the start of the season we should be aiming for 20 points from the first 10 games. Half way there with 4 games left and I think we’re capable of 3 wins and a draw v Palace, Leicester, Southampton and Arsenal. We’re certainly capable of going 7 unbeaten but this season is very unpredictable.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hugely frustrating. Controlled most of the game and played some really good stuff up until our final ball and finish.

Newcastle defended relatively well but offered nothing as an attacking threat so to concede such a poor goal out of nothing was doubly annoying.

Patricio 5 - Jinxed him in the other thread this morning. Either has to have the wall lined up better or save it.

Boly 6
Coady 6 - Played really well up until the free-kick. It was soft but he didn’t have to make the challenge with such a straight ball.
Kilman 6

Semedo 7
Neves 7
Dendoncker 7
Saiss 6 - Love Romain but we’re crying out for Ait-Nouri to offer us some form of attacking threat on that side.

Podence 6 - Veered between the ridiculous and the sublime. I like the fact he’s brave and does take risks though.
Raul 6 - Poor up until the goal.
Neto 7

Traore 5
Marcal 5

A real missed opportunity which we need to put right against Palace on Friday.

They will be far better than Newcastle were today.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the players we have, we should have really put those to the sword today. Very disappointing result.

Weirdly, we did look a lot, lot more fluent than so far this season but I think that is largely due to how awful Newcastle are.

Not the end of the world, but so frustrating. Let the handbrake off a bit and with the talent we have we are as good as anyone in this league on our day.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Murphy had identified a weaknesses with our keeper....hardly rocket science you could have driven a truck in that gap we has around the wall truly awful positioning.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have taken 3 points but we really have to do more. Really didn't see the need for Adama tonight, needs to do more imo coming off the bench.

**** poor wall. **** poor positioning from Rui. Hopefully that's his clanger for the season. Free kick was soft but Coady has to be clever there, nothing ball.

Really disappointing/frustrating that.

Christ I hate playing Newcastle. Another few days on the training ground, hopefully we can get that early goal next game. Palace will not be easy.

D

Deleted member 11332

Because he wouldn't have wanted to come here.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bloke who scored the equaliser shouldn’t have been on the pitch. How many times did he foul Neto, 5, 6?

Lycaon

Reaction score
Definitely a case of 2 pts dropped and one of those games we’ll probably look back at the end of season and say “if only?”
However, not taking anything away from the lads there were some overall good performances from a number of players.
Onwards and upwards.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Should have won. Disappointed - especially as it wasn’t a free kick at all. Ref was poor.

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

Can anyone explain to me, was that a penalty when the ball hit a defenders arm/hand? Didn't see it but according to the radio it was. Please, someone tell me.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Final ball and decision in last third is wanting. Should have been 3 points against a makeshift Newcastle.

Rui 4 - wall was all wrong, 3 players over the ball he had to know it was a shot.

Boly 7 - decent
Coady 6 - silly foul
Kilman 7 - solid, again

Semedo 6 - uncertain we will see the best of him, crowded-out by his own team
Dendoncker 6 - might give a higher score except Newcastle's midfield was gash
Neves 7 - best from him for a while
Neto 6 - too many blind alleys and poor passes
Saiss 6 - didnt let us down, didnt help attack either

Podence 7 - unlucky 2 or 3 times
Raul 6 - up until his goal a 5, playing so deep

Adama 4 - way out of form
Marcal 5 - limited player, did OK
Moutinho NR

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usual tedious safety first boredom against a side that had no plans to attack. As usual we offered next to nothing in the final third. Ait-Nouri will be sitting at home later tonight wondering why he bothered to come here when a few weeks back he was tearing PSG a new one and now can't get in ahead of a utility player when we are going to dominate possession.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine margins
Almost another ‘masterclass’ from us zzzz.
Why can’t we go for the throat and finish teams off?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re honest, we edged it. That’s it.

However you can have no complaints when you play as we do.

Negativity with the 18. Vitinha should be in. Negativity from the first XI. Saiss should not be playing. Negativity in the sub. Ait-Nouri should come on. And negativity with the whole approach.

Against Newcastle. And not just any Newcastle. This is a Newcastle XI that will be spoken about in the next 10-20 years. ‘Do you remember when he played Almiron and Fraser at CM for a PL game’. Infuriating.

agree with all of that. Baffled by the amount of people that wanted saiss to start

suprised by podence sub . Creates real chances in comparison to Neto who huffs and puffs when tired

Patricio wall set up was poor but we would have conceded somehow . Why on earth do you go from dominating a game for 80 mins to just retreating into them putting balls forward

Positives in the speed of our play at times and dendoncker putting in another good performance , but far too sloppy and casual in the final third from all three front men today

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirms for me that we have not really progressed from last season. The same problems in terms of working the opposition keeper and being able to get a couple of goals up in a game are very much present.

Why not push for a second goal? Utd smacked this lot in the final moments, we just replayed Burnley away. We are still 3 points worse off than last season from the same fixtures, when we had a golden chance to cut that to -1.

Back
Top Bottom