Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Young player of the season - Grealish nominated but why.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point isn't really about Grealish as a player but he is 24 nearly 25. Why should that age be considered young. for most outfield players that is reaching peak?

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point isn't really about Grealish as a player but he is 24 nearly 25. Why should that age be considered young. for most outfield players that is reaching peak?

I thought the same and said this on the young player of the season thread. When I looked into it more it seems to be nominated in that catagory you have to be 23 at the start of the season, he was 24 in September so qualified for being 23 in August.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I thought the same and said this on the young player of the season thread. When I looked into it more it seems to be nominated in that catagory you have to be 23 at the start of the season, he was 24 in September so qualified for being 23 in August.
But even 23 isn’t young for a player now really.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers. I must have missed the other thread so I apologise to anyone not being happy with this issue being on there.
I agree with your thoughs on the age issue especially as its taken from the age at the start of the season that is judging the whole of the season in front of it. 24/5 might be considered young by some but not when 29/30 is considered old. By 24/5 some players could have been playing for around seven years.
Maybe the number of games played could also be a factor. Young player does infer a certain newness and a certain sense of not reaching maturity (in this case professionally).

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers. I must have missed the other thread so I apologise to anyone not being happy with this issue being on there.
I agree with your thoughs on the age issue especially as its taken from the age at the start of the season that is judging the whole of the season in front of it. 24/5 might be considered young by some but not when 29/30 is considered old. By 24/5 some players could have been playing for around seven years.
Maybe the number of games played could also be a factor. Young player does infer a certain newness and a certain sense of not reaching maturity (in this case professionally).
If it's about not reaching maturity, Grealish will be nominated for the next ten years.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish only nominated as the media seem obsessed by him.

D

Deleted member 4436

The stats for fouls on Grealish are hilarious! He’s been “fouled” twice as many times at Traore.

Cheating little snake.

Back on topic: **** Jack Grealish.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man United player in all but name. That's why the media love him.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As if wolves fans still haven’t realised Grealish is a good player

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Nobodies saying he's crap?
What are you saying Pagey? People who aren’t famous think he’s crap, people who don’t contribute much to society think he’s crap, or groups of nobody (ies) at all think he’s crap?
Oh, the joyous ambiguity of the English language!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why wasn’t Adama nominated?
Ridiculous! He's torn defenses apart and been one of the only players in league whom opposition sides have regularly doubled up on. I don't usually go with the anti-Wolves thing but this does smack of it.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ridiculous! He's torn defenses apart and been one of the only players in league whom opposition sides have regularly doubled up on. I don't usually go with the anti-Wolves thing but this does smack of it.

Adama probably not even wolves top 3 players of season award

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 16896
Putting it in during pre season mate, love the attitude.
Fake rivalries aside, the lads a great player.
*What a great photo opportunity, just managed to get a snap of grealish jogging past, whilst I was bent over tying my lace. Surprising what you see in Lanarkshire "

Said the muppet who took the pic

Last edited:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In answer to the OP
It’s Cause he’s got hair like Father Damo , wears kids shin pads and shorts, so everyone thinks he’s 18 - same age as Ryan Sessegnon was in championship, think he probably still is.... who knows. Spurs bought him as 18, he’s not played much - so maybe hes still classed as 18.

back to OP, **** knows... English, stupid hair, falls over to appear he gets fouled a lot cause he’s great. Who cares.
hes a ****

Back
Top Bottom