Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Yerson Mosquera

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a bit rough, a bit too keen in the tackle, but really liked him

For too long we have lacked a bit of physicality - even now some supporters are saying Kilman is not strong enough in his challenges. Between them, Toti and Mosquera could be the solution.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But only 2 years left on his contract.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes starting next year for us
Not sure we can be so sure....In an ideal world I agree.....but if the bids for say Neto doesn't come in and we struggle to shift the majority of our loan players we chose to shift.....if Yerson is our best source to finance a striker it's something we may consider.....or be it reluctantly

We can't predict what will happen in the summer..... the window may well be another bizarre window like January....

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Got a friend at work who follows FC Cincinnati. He watches all their matches. Was talking to him about Yerson. He fully believed he could step up and not surprised how well he is doing in Spain. He last comment was he cannot wait to see Yerson "S***housing" in the prem next season. He is also a proper Villa fan. I take that as massive praise. Because he hates Wolves haha

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we can be so sure....In an ideal world I agree.....but if the bids for say Neto doesn't come in and we struggle to shift the majority of our loan players we chose to shift.....if Yerson is our best source to finance a striker it's something we may consider.....or be it reluctantly

We can't predict what will happen in the summer..... the window may well be another bizarre window like January....
ok its flippant of me to be so assured, but i can tell you we denied villarael an option told them loan only no chance of a permanent, and that the recruitment team, hobbs and o neil see him as a first teamer next year

Gary very impressed with his training in january , likes his aggression and speed

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ok its flippant of me to be so assured, but i can tell you we denied villarael an option told them loan only no chance of a permanent, and that the recruitment team, hobbs and o neil see him as a first teamer next year

Gary very impressed with his training in january , likes his aggression and speed
No doubting any of it.....but even the recruitment team can not predict what will happen in the summer.....I would suggest Gary will want a striker and even if it isn't a preferred option to raise funds it's something we may consider if all avenues fail....

Last summer should have taught us all to take anything for granted.....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubting any of it.....but even the recruitment team can not predict what will happen in the summer.....I would suggest Gary will want a striker and even if it isn't a preferred option to raise funds it's something we may consider if all avenues fail....

Last summer should have taught us all to take anything for granted.....
We wanted a CB, Yerson fills that,

We want a 9, a winger and then FB

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All I'm saying is Yes we didn't take Villareal option to buy Yerson in January......but that doesn't mean come the summer if we get a sizeable offer for Yerson we won't consider it.......that goes for anybody in the squad......

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I'm saying is Yes we didn't take Villareal option to buy Yerson in January......but that doesn't mean come the summer if we get a sizeable offer for Yerson we won't consider it.......that goes for anybody in the squad......
I am sure that every single one of our players has their price.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want to **** on anyone's chips, but all of our players look better away from Wolves. That's no disrespect to Yerson as I've hardly seen him play and truly hope he comes back and cements a first team spot, but, Sanderson at Brum, Cundle at Plymouth, Giles at Middlesbrough, Silva at Anderlecht and PSV, even Hoever at Stoke. There were posts about all coming back better, ready for first team action in the Prem. To date, none have.
As I said, I hope that Mosquera is the exception that proves the rule, but I won't build him up, until I've seen him play in the Prem.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GK should be top of the list. If we have a tight budget in the summer again, then upgrading Sa and getting another quality forward in to compete with our current options have to be top priorities.

Our depth isn’t too bad at all in other positions.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure that every single one of our players has their price.
But I would put the need for another forward next season over 5 centre backs in current economic or rule enforced climate....and to do that if all avenues fail we may need to sacrifice Yerson....we put him in a good shop window in January, so potentially could get an offer...

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want to **** on anyone's chips, but all of our players look better away from Wolves. That's no disrespect to Yerson as I've hardly seen him play and truly hope he comes back and cements a first team spot, but, Sanderson at Brum, Cundle at Plymouth, Giles at Middlesbrough, Silva at Anderlecht and PSV, even Hoever at Stoke. There were posts about all coming back better, ready for first team action in the Prem. To date, none have.
As I said, I hope that Mosquera is the exception that proves the rule, but I won't build him up, until I've seen him play in the Prem.

If he continues his form in La Liga that's double the quality those you've listed have played at.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another Rafa Mir type signing IMO.

Brought cheap, developed on loan and if he does well he is sold for a decent profit.

Doubt he'll play for us

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But I would put the need for another forward next season over 5 centre backs in current economic or rule enforced climate....and to do that if all avenues fail we may need to sacrifice Yerson....we put him in a good shop window in January, so potentially could get an offer...
I think that we are in broad agreement. Of course someone coming in for Max might mean that we keep Yerson....

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As well as CB, I still think that Yerson has the speed to play at WB, hopefully also the crossing ability, so he could well become a versatile squad player.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that we are in broad agreement. Of course someone coming in for Max might mean that we keep Yerson....
That's what I think will happen. Sell Kilman, Neto and probably Podence for a figure totalling around £100m which funds a new striker, winger and probably full back with at least £50m to spare.

Would think we'll buy a couple for the future too.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No comparison really. Both Hobbs and Gary see him as a squad member next season whereas Mir didn’t want to play for us

I'm just using Mir as an example of players that are brought purely with the purpose of being developed and sold for a profit.

Ok, another one would be Luke Matheson.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one of those players you quote is a first team player and they've all gone to sides (bar Silva) in a lower division. Not hard to look better at those places.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's all well and good but who is going to make way for mosquera and Santiago bueno. They won't stay a season on the bench next season.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's all well and good but who is going to make way for mosquera and Santiago bueno. They won't stay a season on the bench next season.

Dawson is getting older so we need cover for him plus to allow
Rotation and kilman is coveted by some of the bigger clubs.

Having both is a no-brainer. Also Mosquera can cover wing back like toti.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one of those players you quote is a first team player and they've all gone to sides (bar Silva) in a lower division. Not hard to look better at those places.
Yes, I realise that, but my point is about them seemingly to play well on loan and fans' expectation is that they'll come back and do well at Wolves. They haven't!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he continues his form in La Liga that's double the quality those you've listed have played at.
Agreed and let's hope he continues to do well and either do a job in the Prem for Wolves or is sold for good money. My point, however, was that all of those players were out on loan and 'looked' better than they looked at Wolves and some fans expectation was that they'd come back and challenge for a first team berth.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play 4 atb (2 x cb) we need 4 CBs.
If we play 3/5 atb (3 x cb) we need 5 CBs
So, i suggest we need:
Kilman, Dawson, Toti, Santi & Mosqurero
And if Kilman is sold we need to bring another one in, in addition to Mosquero.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a season as a fullback is often a really good stepping stone for a young cb to get into a first team. It’s really helped Toti, and could do likewise for Mosquera.
When Lescott left us for Everton I remember he played as a LB in his first season there.

Mind you, perhaps being one of three cb’s rather than just two also makes it easier to break through.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of those are prem class, maybe Yerson but until we see him who knows.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s always healthy to have competition to protect against complacency. Mosquera will come back in the summer a far more mature player after two excellent loan spells.

I think to be more progressive and play on the front foot, we need a quicker centre back in the middle of the three. Mosquera could slide in to the right, or centre, of the three, on occasion's like this, and Dawson/Bueno in games where we’re playing a low block on the counter.

I think Mosquera also opens up the possibility of playing a back four with him on the right and Kilman on the left.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s always healthy to have competition to protect against complacency. Mosquera will come back in the summer a far more mature player after two excellent loan spells.

I think to be more progressive and play on the front foot, we need a quicker centre back in the middle of the three. Mosquera could slide in to the right, or centre, of the three, on occasion's like this, and Dawson/Bueno in games where we’re playing a low block on the counter.

I think Mosquera also opens up the possibility of playing a back four with him on the right and Kilman on the left.
I think Killman would be ideal in the middle. I know he’s not super quick but I’d say he is definitely quicker than Coady or Dawson. Put Mosquera and Toti either side and I think you could afford to play a high line.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm not quite sure I understand your logic here, can you explain? How much do you think we could sell him for?

Back
Top Bottom