Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Yerson Mosquera

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giving this guy his own thread now it looks like a deal is pretty imminent

First team signing, but maybe not a starter. 20 Y.O. and the highest rated defender in Colombia. £4.5M and we've beaten off some top sides for his signature. Confirmed by Percy and E&S

Some great investigations in the Transfer thread has him as a quick CB, with good distribution. The new Davinson Sanchez by all accounts (if that's a good thing) and would be one of our 3 U21 signings for the summer

File under interesting and promising... but unlikely to be ready made

1623833573999.png

Last edited:

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Following Wolves and a few of the players on Instagram also.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Sanderson?

What a name though. Has to be on the team sheet for that alone.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I wonder if he’s for the first team?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are short of CB quality, but we're not short of CB numbers, so wonder if one or two will be moved on. Saiss at a guess as his contract is seemingly up soon.

If he isn't ready to start, would still expect a starting CB to come in.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the kind of signing Jeff meant when he said that Brexit opened up other markets, lots of value to be found and if we want to progress as a club we need to search far and wide to get talent in before they cost 35 million

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Can we not go all Patrick Cutrone on songs for the lad just yet?

Maybe once he's signed the next up will be South Korean, maybe?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards has just tweeted how excited the club are about this guy, and have taken advantage of new rules Post-Brexit

Calling it a significant coup! But you have to believe that this is the recruitment team driving this, and a step away from Mendes post Nuno... can't be a coincidence... we wouldn't have signed this guy last summer?

Intriguing signing

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards has just tweeted how excited the club are about this guy, and have taken advantage of new rules Post-Brexit

Calling it a significant coup! But you have to believe that this is the recruitment team driving this, and a step away from Mendes post Nuno... can't be a coincidence... we wouldn't have signed this guy last summer?

Intriguing signing

Might not have qualified for a work permit till the new rules kicked in. I'm excited to see how he develops here, I think it's a good move, how many times do we see someone like ajax, dortmund, lille, leipzig ect sign someone like him and then a few years later sell him for big bucks. Had we been this decisive and willing to pay for someone we believe has big potential the past few summer transfer windows we could have had the likes of Dias, Tapsoba, Olmo ect who we were heavily linked with so glad to see us acting fast on this guy even if he ends up a dud I do prefer seeing us get players we want quickly shows pre-planning

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might not have qualified for a work permit till the new rules kicked in. I'm excited to see how he develops here, I think it's a good move, how many times do we see someone like ajax, dortmund, lille, leipzig ect sign someone like him and then a few years later sell him for big bucks. Had we been this decisive and willing to pay for someone we believe has big potential the past few summer transfer windows we could have had the likes of Dias, Tapsoba, Olmo ect who we were heavily linked with so glad to see us acting fast on this guy even if he ends up a dud I do prefer seeing us get players we want quickly shows pre-planning
I agree, feels like a refreshing signing, and one other teams make and we have been missing out on as you say and have been too siloed in our approach

Hopefully we still get the best deals possible from the Mendes stable as well, but can now, under the new regime and post-Brexit rules, also pick up gems from around the globe like this guy

Hoping to see more deals like this on the way

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Opening day Back 3 next season of Gomes - Kilman - Mosquera.

Unrelated, but there will be a surge of high blood pressure related hospital admissions at new cross.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Intriguing signing
I'm getting de ja vu.....apparantly he is one of the best 20 year olds in his position in the world...
(Doesn't have a wiki page)

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No wikipedia page or youtube compilation so the Molmix scouts are lying if they try and tell us they know anything about him :tonguewink:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All young international signings will take time to bed in, just a question of how long but they will all need that. With a new manager as well, which may actually help as everyone will be learning new methods and tactics, not just the new players

Another one out of the blue though, just goes to show all the media and clickbait nonsense is exactly that. The club just pull one out of the shadows that no one had a clue about

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giving this guy his own thread now it looks like a deal in pretty imminent

First team signing, but maybe not a starter. 20 Y.O. and the highest rated defender in Colombia. £4.5M and we've beaten off some top sides for his signature. Confirmed by Percy and E&S

Some great investigations in the Transfer thread has him as a quick CB, with good distribution. The new Davinson Sanchez by all accounts (if that's a good thing) and would be one of our 3 U21 signings for the summer

File under interesting and promising... but unlikely to be ready made

View attachment 22003
Sounds a bit like a younger, faster Boly?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes a refreshing change to read about a player joining rather than loads of speculation about all and sundry leaving to join club x y & z
Just wait for Fancast/Transfer Tavern/Moron weekly have just released a story that we're buying Mosquera for 4.5 million and selling him for 2.7 million to Leeds

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If money is as tight as they say, and we have to balance the books I would rather see signings like this coming in for around 4/5M with high potential we can work with, than us selling our best players in order to finance bigger transfers elsewhere

There's risk in both strategies of course, but if you spend 20/30M on a centre half it's not like that's risk free in itself... I'd rather the continuity and we balance the books this way, and only sell those players we want to or want to leave, not just to fund incomings

We have enough connections around the football world now to be able to find gems like this regularly not all will work of course, but some will, and if we're keeping our best players alongside them we're giving them the best chance to develop properly and we retain the right balance in the squad

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Yerson is someone Bruno and Benfica had been keeping an eye on.
Would love to know if Bruno OK'd the move, or if this is Jeff buying 'the best players in the world at their age in their position' thing again

With the apparent intertest from City & Utd, could well be that Benfica were aware and this guy and has more of an international reputation than we realise

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Encouraging signing if it happens and shows how post Brexit we are now targetting South America, the US , and the Far East for young talent at reasonable prices. All good stuff. However we need some oven-ready players too of really good quality. Will they arrive and who will go to fund them....and where in the end will that all leave us? Loan with option to buy is presumably our ideal deal now in Europe/UK at least.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems fairly low risk for only £4.5M. That's more like the figures you want to be paying for potential.

I like Fabio a lot and I think he'll be an excellent signing in the end but even I'll admit £35M was a bit excessive for untapped potential.

D

Deleted member 11332

The Davison Sanchez thing wouldn't be a positive to me but the person who said it did say Mosquera reads the game a lot better than the former. Not exactly difficult to do but it's promising that he's going to be athletic without being as erratic.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Encouraging signing if it happens and shows how post Brexit we are now targetting South America, the US , and the Far East for young talent at reasonable prices. All good stuff. However we need some oven-ready players too of really good quality. Will they arrive and who will go to fund them....and where in the end will that all leave us? Loan with option to buy is presumably our ideal deal now in Europe/UK at least.
When the question of 'oven ready' players was put to Sellers in those video's he talked about balance, and all the experience in the squad we have... but that only works if we don't sell them all! Otherwise yes, we have to buy players of experience to go along side signings like this with the proceeds, and with the restrictions on U21 players they'd have to buy some older more experienced players anyway

Excited to see what else those non EU markets have to offer us, hope we can make the most of it like other clubs have done in the past

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Davison Sanchez thing wouldn't be a positive to me but the person who said it did say Mosquera reads the game a lot better than the former. Not exactly difficult to do but it's promising that he's going to be athletic without being as erratic.
My Spurs-supporting nephew considers Davinson Sanchez (and I quote) 'a liability'.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very similar career trajectory. Sanchez transferred to Ajax at 20 for €5 after a handful of games for Nacional, won player of the season, then transferred to Spurs for £42m a year later as a 21 year old. Jeff’s obviously licking his lips at a 10 fold return in 12 months.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the new rules compared to the previous rules for non EU countries? How come Portugese and Dutch teams were allowed to tap into this market before when they are also in europe?

D

Deleted member 11332

Very similar career trajectory. Sanchez transferred to Ajax at 20 for €5 after a handful of games for Nacional, won player of the season, then transferred to Spurs for £42m a year later as a 21 year old. Jeff’s obviously licking his lips at a 10 fold return in 12 months.

Hope he's better than Sanchez. Blokes an absolute bombscare.

Back
Top Bottom