Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wv1 club hospitality

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Anyone been in wv1 club hospitality before? If so was It any good? Cheers

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve used it when I needed to guarantee tickets in advance for family/visitors etc.
It’s an expensive product for what it is, what is it?
You get a match day program
A buffet/finger food selection which is OK and you can go up more than once.
A padded seat in the NB lower with no atmosphere.
Coffee at H/T or
Access to a pay for/card bar for the beer etc..

Unless you’re under 10, no club colours not even a club logo (last season/Everton I got stopped for having a black shirt with a single Wolves badge on - I had to go across the Asda and buy a **** shirt to wear over the top…..which is ridiculous when all the waiting staff have black aprons with a wolf head on them and the whole bar and restaurant area is covered in Wolves logos.(The stupid contradiction is it was the same shirt I had worn in there on 3 previous occasions last season… with no problem)

They have way overpriced the product which was evident in last week’s Brighton cup game.. I reckon there was well over 50% empty padded seats.

As you can probably guess I’m not a fan but they have me by the balls if I need to guarantee tickets for visitors well in advance rather than leave it to chance nearer the date.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve used it when I needed to guarantee tickets in advance for family/visitors etc.
It’s an expensive product for what it is, what is it?
You get a match day program
A buffet/finger food selection which is OK and you can go up more than once.
A padded seat in the NB lower with no atmosphere.
Coffee at H/T or
Access to a pay for/card bar for the beer etc..

Unless you’re under 10, no club colours not even a club logo (last season/Everton I got stopped for having a black shirt with a single Wolves badge on - I had to go across the Asda and buy a **** shirt to wear over the top…..which is ridiculous when all the waiting staff have black aprons with a wolf head on them and the whole bar and restaurant area is covered in Wolves logos.(The stupid contradiction is it was the same shirt I had worn in there on 3 previous occasions last season… with no problem)

They have way overpriced the product which was evident in last week’s Brighton cup game.. I reckon there was well over 50% empty padded seats.

As you can probably guess I’m not a fan but they have me by the balls if I need to guarantee tickets for visitors well in advance rather than leave it to chance nearer the date.
It’s a shame, I went once ages ago when we were in championship, I quite liked it… but it was about £90 at the time which I think was max it was worth. When we got promoted the price went up considerably, and is now well overpriced for what it is… mind you, the same could be said for most the stadium match by match prices.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I prefer to watch the game from the side not at one end of the pitch so I wouldn't bother. But if they ever redeveloped the Steve Bull Stand I would be interested in trying it out.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done the WV1 bar and it`s rammed with smug corporates on a freebie..never again!

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I went when it was on special offer for a cup game a couple of years ago as I thought it would be a bit less overwhelming for my 7-year-old son's first match. I paid £55 for me and £38 for him. It was worth it at those prices, but I think I'd feel ripped off if I was paying £100+ per ticket.

Hibbywolf

Reaction score
I'm there on Saturday £177! Needed to purchase to guarantee a ticket. Tried to book museum tour/hospitality but was told it was "sold out" a couple of weeks later the museum package was advertised but they wouldn't let me upgrade, raging! Looks well overpriced but it won't spoil my day.... score dependent!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always thought it would be good if the u21 games were at Molineux and the wv1 bit could be open at reasonable prices, would make for a nice evening out.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a corporate guest at the New WHL when we beat Spurs in the 21/22 season. Everything about it was absolutely tremendous…other than having to sit with the Spuds.
Free beer, free cooked food - you could try everything on the menu, Free beer at half time, and free beer at full time until the already opened bottles were finished…and we even got given some caramel brownies to take away for later.

I looked up how much it would’ve cost our host and it was close to £370 each and there were four of us.

To be fair, it’s costly for what you do get but if you’re trying to impress a business contact, Spurs have got it spot on for their corporate members.

Wolves corporate seem like they would be reluctant to even throw a pack of crisps to you in your seat and give you a plastic cup of Bovril.
If you’re going to sell something as corporate, offer a first class experience but charge accordingly. This nearly £200 thing they do satisfies nobody.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was a corporate guest at the New WHL when we beat Spurs in the 21/22 season. Everything about it was absolutely tremendous…other than having to sit with the Spuds.
Free beer, free cooked food - you could try everything on the menu, Free beer at half time, and free beer at full time until the already opened bottles were finished…and we even got given some caramel brownies to take away for later.

I looked up how much it would’ve cost our host and it was close to £370 each and there were four of us.

To be fair, it’s costly for what you do get but if you’re trying to impress a business contact, Spurs have got it spot on for their corporate members.

Wolves corporate seem like they would be reluctant to even throw a pack of crisps to you in your seat and give you a plastic cup of Bovril.
If you’re going to sell something as corporate, offer a first class experience but charge accordingly. This nearly £200 thing they do satisfies nobody.
There is a WV1 plus that is something like £250+ for an adult and you get all the food and drinks waitress service that you want with a table facing the pitch. Sounds similar to your WHL experience. Like you say still very expensive though and it only opens a certain time before the match and closes soon after so there’s only so much the body can consume in a limited period.

If I was doing it I would look to do it say Jan/Feb as think there is added feeling of value in the coldest months when you can come straight into a plush warm area when the game’s not on.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me and a mate did the "international lounge" thing a year or so ago, as a bit of a one-off treat, was home against Liverpool I think. Not sure it was worth the money, but didn't regret it as a one off. Plus I now have more sympathy for those in the hospitality seats who take a bit longer coming out for the 2nd half - 15 mins isn't long enough when there's decent food and drink to be had - it went in the blink of an eye!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve done it a few times, it’s pretty good but very overpriced imo. Food is decent but you can’t even get a seat unless you’re there early and the seats in the stand are horrendous for leg room. I’m 6ft 4 and it is genuinely painful.

Hibbywolf

Reaction score
I'm there on Saturday £177! Needed to purchase to guarantee a ticket. Tried to book museum tour/hospitality but was told it was "sold out" a couple of weeks later the museum package was advertised but they wouldn't let me upgrade, raging! Looks well overpriced but it won't spoil my day.... score dependent!
Update...well overpriced, food really poor, ipa was nice priced at £5.75 so not overly expensive. Nice area good seats met a couple of fans good chat. 5.30am start 2 trains over 8 hours travel, worth it?
Absolutely !

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been lucky enough to do Arsenal corporate a few times (the missus Mum used to be connected to a senior board member of the club). Fortunately for a few Wolves games too.

Having done the stadium tour at Molineux, and comparing the two corporate offerings we are a MILLION MILES behind them. Our board area where Shi and co hang out looks like a meeting room at your local conference centre, and the main lounge looked seriously substandard in comparison.

Clearly somewhere we are lagging behind.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been lucky enough to do Arsenal corporate a few times (the missus Mum used to be connected to a senior board member of the club). Fortunately for a few Wolves games too.

Having done the stadium tour at Molineux, and comparing the two corporate offerings we are a MILLION MILES behind them. Our board area where Shi and co hang out looks like a meeting room at your local conference centre, and the main lounge looked seriously substandard in comparison.

Its not really comparing apples for apples though is it - they have a modern stadium built in the last 20 years , we have a jigsaw of a stadium

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not really comparing apples for apples though is it - they have a modern stadium built in the last 20 years , we have a jigsaw of a stadium

Fair. But my point more being as a club we either need to pump a decent wedge of cash into what we have and try to make best use of the space (or at least improve it significantly). Alternatively the club needs to get cracking with stadium developments.

Not advocating that’s an easy thing to do, but it’s an area we’re in desperate need of an update to at least try to keep pace.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair. But my point more being as a club we either need to pump a decent wedge of cash into what we have and try to make best use of the space (or at least improve it significantly). Alternatively the club needs to get cracking with stadium developments.

Not advocating that’s an easy thing to do, but it’s an area we’re in desperate need of an update to at least try to keep pace.

I don't disagree with any of that but I suppose its a bit like you don't decide to undertake extensions or renovations on your house if you intend to move home. Hopefully its an indicator that a new stadium is still on the table - the boardroom looking a bit old hat is something I think that most fans can live with.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't disagree with any of that but I suppose its a bit like you don't decide to undertake extensions or renovations on your house if you intend to move home. Hopefully its an indicator that a new stadium is still on the table - the boardroom looking a bit old hat is something I think that most fans can live with.
Except hardly anyone thinks a new stadium is either economic or desirable. Never mind thinking Fosun have any intention of building one, or even painting the one they own!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new (2Ms "value engineered") Stan Cullis stand was completed six years after the Emirates Stadium. It looks like a half-finished utter slum in comparison. I sit in the North Bank upper every home game and live a mile from the Emirates.....

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new (2Ms "value engineered") Stan Cullis stand was completed six years after the Emirates Stadium. It looks like a half-finished utter slum in comparison. I sit in the North Bank upper every home game and live a mile from the Emirates.....

I’ve always wished that they didn’t bother with the north bank quadrant, it just makes Molineux look so lopsided, and not in a charming way like Villa Park etc. You just look at the stadium and think it’s unfinished, and it’s looked like this for over a decade.

Would probably look ok if the Stan Cullis was just a double tiered stand without the quadrant.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always wished that they didn’t bother with the north bank quadrant, it just makes Molineux look so lopsided, and not in a charming way like Villa Park etc. You just look at the stadium and think it’s unfinished, and it’s looked like this for over a decade.

Would probably look ok if the Stan Cullis was just a double tiered stand without the quadrant.
I absolutely agree. However, even without that there are semi-exposed pipes and cables and bare brickwork all over the place. Take a look at the top of the turnstiles from inside some time..... Not to mention that there are only two lifts which have to be used for both people and goods.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

I've done corporate at Arsenal. My suppliers have corporate there. It's unreal. The food is unbelievably good. Watched 3 Wolves games there.

But Molineux is better... ha..ha..

Back
Top Bottom