Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Woy hodgson

M

Mr Wolf

He's an international Manager & picked players from the World Cup finalists I would guess. Mascherano did have a very good tournament.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can remember last season when Utd and Chelsea played out an horrifically boring 0-0 draw and Roy said it was a great game that he really enjoyed.

M

morosewolf

Depends on your criteria. If he chose to go just based on World Cup performances, there were probably no better outfield players than him.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly Ballague has just put forward quite a sound case for the defence of our Roy on SSN.

It's easy to go with Messi or Ronaldo, but based on the criteria they are supposed to pick the players on there is a fair amount of justification for picking Mascherano.

The whole event has been made a farce anyway by the inclusion of David Luiz in the XI list.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There would be an extremely strong case for Mascherano in normal circumstances - he had a superb world cup and held Barcelona together at times with his versatility and influence.

The only thing is, Woy, Ronaldo palyed a part in 69 goals (52 goals, 17 assists) in 43 games. Messi 66 in 53.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose you could say instead....which player is most important to winning the Spanish League, will it be Mascherano, Messi, or Ronaldo? I guess it's like saying who is most important to Chelsea this year Matic or Hazard?

I cant really knock Woy he's done well everywhere and is the best English manager around at the moment IMO. And Gary Rowett will be the next England manager.......

G

gordonchas

The whole event has been made a farce anyway by the inclusion of David Luiz in the XI list.

I don't know why people get upset by these votes, they're entirely subjective.

In the case of this one, as hard as it might be to understand, the FIFpro team is made up from the collected votes of 50,000 professional footballers, so in that sense it's the most representative of the lot.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he deserves to be in the team of the year ahead of most of them defenders.

David Luiz people!

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As they said on radio5 woy likes a defensive midfielder .He did have a great world cup.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a good World Cup and defensive players don't always get the plaudits they deserve but he didn't have a great year at Barca really.

Still can't believe Godin didn't get in at centre half and if you're going to go on WC performances James should have been a shoe in and he's been decent for Monaco and Real too.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

If professional footballers can't work out that Godin and Mats Hummels are better than David Luiz, then they really are as thick as the mass-media likes to portray them to be...

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why people get upset by these votes, they're entirely subjective.

Trust me, I'm not upset. I feel so far removed from this level of football having only ever supported Wolves I really don't give that much of a toss.

I just find it laughable that a player who really has been very average the (albeit 5/6) times I've seen him play and out of his depth gets in the worlds best XI team. It almost strikes me as a FIFA computer game player style vote, people getting excited about his stats, and he cost 'X' amount so he must be good.

*I appreciate me commenting on this topic on an online football forum would suggest I do in fact give a toss!

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Biggest non-news story of the day, filling space with irreverent rubbish, who cares, who he votes for?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh him choosing Mascherano is a surprise, i was expecting it to be Rickie Lambert

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Man with his own opinion" shocker.

Surely he should know that he's not allowed to have an opinion nowadays?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a tribute to the Ben Stiler character in the cracking comedy Something about Mary Lionel Messi paid in that God awful purple tuxedo and bow tie he was wearing !

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

It's another one of those 'opinion' debates lol.

To be honest, it's that stupid and ludicrous that I think it should be news.

He had a good semi-final and final at the world cup and a decent season at Barcelona who under-achieved given their high standards.

To say he was the stand out player of 2014 is a joke and because of his standing I think newsworthy.

The voting process is rubbish, Ronaldo voted for Ramos, Kompany for Courtois, Swedens manager for Zlatan etc. You expect that.

Given Hodgson was on neutral ground and literally had no allegiance to anybody the fact that he thought Mascherano was the best and none of Messi, Ronaldo or even a Robben in the top 3 is quite frankly stupid.

hoop

Reaction score
I think it just speaks to his mentality as a manager, ie. he is more concentrated on defence.

This is fine until you come into the later stages of a tournament, you then have to go and win against better teams.

Roy will never win anything with England, nor get to a semi as he is more interested in not losing.

Back
Top Bottom