Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Neves?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8455jwf
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If we need to sell to buy majorly, would you sell Neves and at what fee? He's been very up and down this year. Masses of quality, and work rate but not sure he suits us as a team who don't dominate the ball. Don't want to see him go as such but squad needs a real injection of fund and that might be only way.

I'd sell for £50 million

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's nobody in the current squad I wouldn't sell, except perhaps Coady or Kilman.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So who is sold to fund these major signings then? Easy to say no and then say sign 4 starters.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is he maybe gone already. Nuno seems to be using him more sparingly the last few games. Is it long covid related like Boly, Nuno trying different players, or working towards next year without him?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, you don't sell your best player if you want to progress, you bring in decent players to compliment him. He is pure class.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No, you don't sell your best player if you want to progress, you bring in decent players to compliment him. He is poor class.
As has been discussed numerous times Leicester have done it repeatedly so did Liverpool, Chelsea with hazard. Selling for big money and reinvesting is perfectly legitimate tactic

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I personally Would not be worried if we sold anyone Of them apart from Traore and Jimenez.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Can anyone give me a feasible way to get 3 or 4 new starters in then? Assume people are selling Adama then. Unless people think major funds are available without sales, which i don't.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather get a new manager in to get the best out of these brilliant players we have rather than sell these good players to play the same **** way
Under Nuno Neves has become more and more ineffective. It is a similar scenario to Jota. Watch Neves bloom if he moves on.

Reactions: Ian

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funds in, Mir, Cutrone if anyone wants him, Podence, Traore for the right price, Vinagre, Donk that should bring us 60/70 million or so plus the Traore fee, however some swaps might be involved as the market is a buyers market right now.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto, Neves and Raul. Everyone else has their price.

D

Deleted member 11332

Can anyone give me a feasible way to get 3 or 4 new starters in then? Assume people are selling Adama then. Unless people think major funds are available without sales, which i don't.

Mir, Cutrone, Kilman, Vinagre. That's probably 40m. Adama another 35 and we will be happy with a 30m net spend so that gives us 100+m to sign 3 players.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'd sell Raul, Jonny and Neto over Coady and Kilman. Give me strength.
I wouldn't actively sell them, but I think that every player has a price and I think it's far more likely that I'd get an astronomic bid for either Raul or Neto. If I received £100 million for Neto, for example, that would be far more useful to a squad rebuild.

As for Jonny? Stick a fork in him, he's done.

D

Deleted member 11332

I wouldn't actively sell them, but I think that every player has a price and I think it's far more likely that I'd get an astronomic bid for either Raul or Neto. If I received £100 million for Neto, for example, that would be far more useful to a squad rebuild.

As for Jonny? Stick a fork in him, he's done.

We wouldn't get near that for Neto. Maybe 40m..Jonny will play for us again 100%

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wouldn't get near that for Neto. Maybe 40m..Jonny will play for us again 100%
Well then I wouldn't sell him for that. The question was "would you sell xxx" not "how much would you sell"

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Mir, Cutrone, Kilman, Vinagre. That's probably 40m. Adama another 35 and we will be happy with a 30m net spend so that gives us 100+m to sign 3 players.
40M for those lot seems a long shot. But suppose its possible. So net increase of 1 to the squad? Which positions, assuming 1 CB, 1 CM and 1 wideman?
Thanks for answering the questions i posed though not just saying no.

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I wonder does Neves want to stay? Especially if a big team comes in for him after the season we’ve had

D

Deleted member 11332

Well then I wouldn't sell him for that. The question was "would you sell xxx" not "how much would you sell"

But I'd sell every single player for 200m. Why wouldn't we? Some common sense needs applying. If we get a 10m offer for Coady he'd be packing for me. Great bloke and good footballer but not what we need if we are going to a back 4.

Back
Top Bottom