Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Worst ever Wolves player? (probably been done to death before but as I’m a newbie plz forgive me if it has)

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
I can come up with a few, my initial offering is Peter Zelem. A centre back who couldn’t head, tackle or run. Followed by Keith Lockhart. A winger who couldn’t cross or run. Scored a few if my memory serves me correctly. But he was hopeless. Those 2 left me scarred mentally as a kid following Wolves in the mid eighties….

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does depend how much context you include. Steve Claridge for example - Utter dog **** for us, but generally a pretty decent goal scorer at second tier level. Frankowski a similar argument.

So all things considered, I'll go Jake Cassidy.

Just awful. Total donkey. Even in our League 1 side he looked appalling.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can come up with a few, my initial offering is Peter Zelem. A centre back who couldn’t head, tackle or run. Followed by Keith Lockhart. A winger who couldn’t cross or run. Scored a few if my memory serves me correctly. But he was hopeless. Those 2 left me scarred mentally as a kid following Wolves in the mid eighties….
I’m not too critical of those guys in the mid 80s. We had no money and the players we put out were often freebies or local lads, usually gave 100% but just weren’t good enough, not their fault.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lewis Botto (my late Dad said over a period of 70 years he was the worst player ever: he would be amazed I remembered this player). Botto was a goalkeeper, very small and used to rub his eyes whenever the ball went past him into the net.

Played for us in 1927/28. Wow.

Third in from the left.

Attachments

• bottot.PNG
    bottot.PNG
    227.8 KB · Views: 44

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m not too critical of those guys in the mid 80s. We had no money and the players we put out were often freebies or local lads, usually gave 100% but just weren’t good enough, not their faul
I’m not too critical of those guys in the mid 80s. We had no money and the players we put out were often freebies or local lads, usually gave 100% but just weren’t good enough, not their fault.
Coaching and lack of facilities didn’t help either. But yeah I take your point. We did pick up a few gems, Neil Edwards was local. Floyd Streete was cheap as chips as was Mutchy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does depend how much context you include. Steve Claridge for example - Utter dog **** for us, but generally a pretty decent goal scorer at second tier level. Frankowski a similar argument.

So all things considered, I'll go Jake Cassidy.

Just awful. Total donkey. Even in our League 1 side he looked appalling.
The Chapman brothers, particularly Cavan, were far, far worse....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True enough.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ll go eggy Jonson, he was that bad that you couldn’t fault his football ability as he never got near the ball , absolute joke that would have seriously struggled in Sunday league

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
Anyone remember Mark Buckland?

I do, from the dark days of the 80’s. He was bloody awful!
I do! Think the problem was any kids coming through were ruined by being bloodied into the first team too quickly, there was many more like him

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree on the Chapman brothers. literally player as their dad was manager. Campbell did score a cracking goal tho.

Back
Top Bottom