Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

World snooker champs and football shirts

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anyone else watching the snooker? I like watching out for football shirts in the audience. That guy in the old Coventry top is there every year, and saw a couple in Bradford shirts yesterday. Anyone else seen other footy shirts on show?

Regarding the tournament, that Luca Brecel looks good and leaving Marco Fu with a lot to do.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's always a few Sheffield United shirts mainly due to the location

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't know it was a thing, just figured it was like when people go to the airport wearing tops.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have a few quid on Robertson.
Selby's to lose frankly though.

As for Fu, I'm gonna have a look at the odds...

D

Deleted member 3573J

I only ever watch the rocket, every other player I've watched has been dull, I remember watching Peter Ebdon fall asleep while he took a shot once. If he's still in it, watch how long he takes to take a shot, not just his decision which one to go for, the time he takes once he's down at the table. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, it's as if he's sawing through a tree trunk with a butter knife, I could never attend else I'd just get the urge to shout "just ****ing hit it Pete!!".

I think it's ocd or something but it's that kind of thing that annoys me about individual sports, like in tennis Djokovic takes way to long to serve, I've counted over 20 bounces before he serves.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only ever watch the rocket, every other player I've watched has been dull, I remember watching Peter Ebdon fall asleep while he took a shot once. If he's still in it, watch how long he takes to take a shot, not just his decision which one to go for, the time he takes once he's down at the table. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, it's as if he's sawing through a tree trunk with a butter knife, I could never attend else I'd just get the urge to shout "just ****ing hit it Pete!!".

I think it's ocd or something but it's that kind of thing that annoys me about individual sports, like in tennis Djokovic takes way to long to serve, I've counted over 20 bounces before he serves.
He wins on pure grit, and little real talent. I'm amazed he gets anywhere with a tip the size of a bottle top!!

W

WasStefan

Normal logic says the faster people play the better players they are

Play quick = able to practice more = perfecting the sport quicker

You dont really see any good snooker or darts players who take ages, do you?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Selby isn't particularly quick and he's world number one by a mile.

I'd say snooker is like golf in that it's all about timing and hitting through the ball. Not necessarily speed of play, as you can rush and not cue straight or consistently.

Back
Top Bottom