Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

World Of Warcraft - who plays?

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I started playing years ago when it was first released but after a succession of ****e expansions I stopped playing. I have been played a lot more recently on a private server. Just wondering if anyone else plays or has played?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started playing years ago when it was first released but after a succession of ****e expansions I stopped playing. I have been played a lot more recently on a private server. Just wondering if anyone else plays or has played?
I returned to retail at the end of Legion. BFA sucked but 8.2 is actually going along way to make it a decent expansion. Classic will be fun.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I returned to retail at the end of Legion. BFA sucked but 8.2 is actually going along way to make it a decent expansion. Classic will be fun.
Yeah, looking forward to classic, that's why I'm playing on a private server now with the Burning Crusade expansion.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, looking forward to classic, that's why I'm playing on a private server now with the Burning Crusade expansion.
TBC is brilliant, a real top expansion.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never played it. I lost enough time playing Everquest (aka Evercrack), especially when I was housebound after an operation, and was a bit bored of the genre by the time WoW came out. Now I've got kids I don't have enough time for such frivolities (a couple of hours a week of Red Dead is about all I can manage).

How does WoW stand up against more recent MMORPGs?

W

WasStefan

Runescape was my thing until i got banned for using a bot. Changed to much for my liking although RS2/3 is still used by some i think

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Runescape was my thing until i got banned for using a bot. Changed to much for my liking although RS2/3 is still used by some i think
I actually logged in a couple of weeks ago on the "new" version, was totally different it was like a whole new game that just didn't feel like Runescape to me at all i logged out after a couple of minutes.
Looks like the older version still has a strong playerbase

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still play Wow, have been playing since the family and friends beta in 2004 i think it was now. Still enjoy it, but i think the whole class system needs an overhaul. Really looking forward to Classic. There are going to be plenty of people who will get sick of it very quickly. Slow levelling, badly laid out zones with not enough quests to level up that sometimes require you to run for 30 mins to hand in a quest, only for it to make you run back to where you started from!

WoW is probably one of the greatest games of all time really, and with the subscription model i'd say its probably the most profitable. Not many games last as long as it has.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Used to play it around 2007 and found it a bit grindy , preferred the universe of Tolkein and so played LOTR , times move on especially with the advent of steam. Both are great games to actually interact with others . Tend to play 7 days or something solo - looking forward to Cyberpunk !!

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Nope, I found out about girls, beer, and football instead.......
Quite right Paul but a lot of Gamers these days are dads like me who got into gaming as way to have some solo time- the new garden shed !

Back
Top Bottom