Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wonderful to have Willy Boly back tonight

R

reanswolf

Don't get me wrong, all our CBs have all been absolutely superb this season, but wasn't it just great to have Willy back, he just looked so imperious and solid. Watford knew he would win headers, it looks like he was back to his best tonight. He also brought the ball out nicely.

I would try and tie him down to a new contract.

T

TheConcourse

I love him. Absolutely class. You just feel safe when he’s in the team, which sounds ridiculous because of our defensive record, but we were more expansive tonight and rarely looked in danger.

Great to have him back, and I don’t want to see him out of the team now. We’re better with him. Kilman > Saiss and we have two CB’s who can step out, bring physicality and are good on the ball.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked as though he had never been out.

The key benefit of Boly at his best is that he wins the ball back much further up the field than all the other centre backs do (Coady sometimes tries to, but it is always a clumsy foul), and he passes forward with pace on the ball. He also has a much better physical presence than the rest of them. It would be a real plus if he could re-establish himself now.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lage wants to go to a 4 next season that performance tonight might have persuaded him he could just save us many, many millions of pounds. He was sublime tonight.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly looks better on the right of the back 3 and I’m convinced Kilman would be better on the left.

Class today. Won every header

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Boly was sublime tonight. He won every header and looked calm and assured. With Max developing into a fantastic player too we are blessed.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see him tonight, he grew into the game and looked his old self.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant to see him back. I thought we’d seen the last of him.

He looked back to his usual self, although it’s hard to really score his performance based on how toothless the Watford attack was.

Reactions: Ian

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't be at all surprised he if he leaves in the summer.

That said, given Saiss is supposedly going then it would be wise to keep him IF he can prove his fitness issues are behind him.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d been pushing to see Boly(and had been told by many that he’s cooked) but I did not dare expect him to look so good coming in cold like this. Wow. Boly in, Saiss out for Toti until Max is ready.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, all our CBs have all been absolutely superb this season, but wasn't it just great to have Willy back, he just looked so imperious and solid. Watford knew he would win headers, it looks like he was back to his best tonight. He also brought the ball out nicely.

I would try and tie him down to a new contract.
Got better as the game went on as well
Great performance

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman has been great filling in on the right of the 3, but having a right footer there really helps our shape and our balance in my opinion.
Exactly this - looked so much better with a right footed RCB. If we stay with three at the back then Boly - Coady - Kilman works fine for me, assuming we can keep Boly 100% fit & focused

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolute class. Won absolutely everything. Took the ball off Watford players with ease. Comfortable on the ball. Can’t be dropped.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wins headers and challenges the attackers

The one tackle on the youth who’s ran past 3 or 4 , in the second half, was tremendous

R

reanswolf

Incredibly.

It was worrying and baffling to see how many on here weren't bothered at the prospect of him leaving in the window.

He's been our best defender in this whole era.
I guess we are all prone to error in personal judgement, I really rate Boly, have never criticised Neves, loved Jota, but after just a few games I wasn't impressed with Jimenez, thought he looked too leggy and slow :flushed:.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wins headers , wins tackles, he's a defender......that's what you need in a defence , not ex midfield players

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he looked very composed, but let's be honest, my gran would have done alright last night.

And she's been dead 20 years.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly in a back three is absolutely imperious.

Much like the rest of our defenders, I just don't think he has the positioning or mobility to work in a back four - but in a back five he is as good as it gets. He marks zonally, and there is a 15 yard zone around him in which he cannot be touched. He was first to everything that came around him last night and if we are to persist with a back five, as much as I love Saiss (would not mind seeing him CM again..) I would like to see Kilman-Coady-Boly.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Boly in a back three is absolutely imperious.

Much like the rest of our defenders, I just don't think he has the positioning or mobility to work in a back four - but in a back five he is as good as it gets. He marks zonally, and there is a 15 yard zone around him in which he cannot be touched. He was first to everything that came around him last night and if we are to persist with a back five, as much as I love Saiss (would not mind seeing him CM again..) I would like to see Kilman-Coady-Boly.
Id expect this to be tried at the weekend. Boly supporting ait nouri on the left could be a thing of beauty and really allow ait nouri to go on the attack.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
our defence has been our saving grace this season but i still think Boly is our best defender by a country mile when fully fit.so yes great to see Willy back in the team

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady has played 80% of his career as a CB now. By your analogy Thierry Henry shouldn’t have been a forward as he started as a winger.
That's irrelevant..Defending is for natural defenders..Coady and saiss are not natural defenders..and it shows

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's irrelevant..Defending is for natural defenders..Coady and saiss are not natural defenders..and it shows
Why’s it irrelevant? Players change and grow. Saiss is another player who has played more times in defence than in midfield.

Please explain what a “natural defender” has that neither Coady or Saiss don’t have?

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Chemmy Alcott on the BBC winter Olympic coverage, Boly’s return was an unexpected and delightful surprise and the performance didn’t disappoint :)

DJW

Reaction score
Personally I prefer him on the left and Kilman back on the right and maybe give Saiss a rest.

Back
Top Bottom