Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Vs Luton Town Preview

T

Thomas

To cheer myself up after a dismal showing last night I was thinking about the best performance we’ve managed at Molineux this season.

Beating Man City and Spurs were the headline wins, but I think my favourite was the 3-0 against Everton.

Atwell-1024x639.webp

No more of this on Saturday please

It’s been rare to see Wolves take anyone apart in recent years but we really chewed up the Toffees that day.

With the exception of Craig Dawson, Gary now has all the players from the lineup that day at his disposal, so maybe we can get that team on the pitch Saturday and hope for better?

Luton​

What will be concerning for Forest – referees aside – is that Luton have got four decent fixtures to finish the season.

Wolves, Everton, West Ham and Fulham isn’t a bad sequence coming down the final straight. If they can get six points, I think they’ll stay up.

Luton.webp

Beaten 5-1 by Brentford last time out

With just six wins from 34 games so far, that isn’t statistically likely but you never know. I certainly expect them to give us a big test on Saturday.

Ross Barkley has probably been their star player and is already being linked with moves up the food chain.

Carlton Morris and Elijah Adebayo have been the goal-getters and nine each is a solid return. 47 scored overall is more than respectable (one more than Wolves incidentally) but 75 conceded is a big problem.

My gut instinct is that inability to keep the back door shut will see them fall just short in the coming weeks and sent back to the Championship.

Either way, you’d have to say Rob Edwards has done a great job and significantly enhanced his reputation. If Gary O’Neil did move on in the near future, it’s not a stretch to imagine him returning to Molineux to take up the role he held in interim back in 2016.

Wolves​

As I said in the intro, we should have the possibility of getting a proper front three on the pitch from the start so I hope that happens.

Team-for-Luton-1024x575.png

Nelson was struggling towards the end against Bournemouth and it’s not unlikely that a few of the above might get rotated out, but as the most winnable game we have left, it makes sense to push hard for the points.

Bellegarde didn’t make the bench last night, but he’s another one that could return to give us better options this time.

Predictions​

Not a single person predicted a 0-1 defeat against the Cherries, so that’s easy.

I’ve gone for a draw and a defeat in my last two, so I’ll boldly forecast a win here. Luton will cause us plenty of problems, but I expect us to enjoy good possession and create chances.

If we can get minutes of the attackers and regain some of that cohesion in the final third, I would expect us to have the edge. 2-1.

As always, if you’d like to join in with the Prediction League this season, it’s simple – just leave your prediction in the comment section below using the boxes provided. Then repeat for every preview article throughout the season, making sure you always use the same email address to make your prediction. Your email is what ties you to your overall score.

Up The Wolves!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom