Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v West Ham United comms thread.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That ends our season, no ifs, buts or maybes.

Pat yourselves on the back lads, genuinely… brilliant achievement, staying up so easily. But we need to think about what we’ll look like and how we’ll play next season now.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before this nonsense I was saying the ref was doing a pretty good job. Awful decision. Keeper was never going to save it in a million years.
What????, gave us nothing apart from the penalty

crash2772

Reaction score
Indeed, can't really see the argument. If the GK's vision is obscured then it doesn't matter about hypotheticals, it's offside.

West Ham didn’t have anyone on the line at all the entire sequence. He was offside and interfering the entire time.

You won’t be onside if you stand in front of the keeper like that if they aren’t also marking you. Needs to have more awareness to move up with the kick or vacate immediately when he’s not marked before the kick is taken.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Premier league corrupt as ****, same **** of a ref that sent of Gomes at Brentford, cheating ****!!!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of the decision, we didn’t deserve anything after that second half performance. Really really bad and out of nowhere given how good we were in the first 45.

Ah well, season over now.

By that logic West Ham didn't deserve anything from their first half? a draw would have been more than fair given the whole game.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Annoyed with the ref. Let's face it we should not have been in that position. We were 1 up at half time. He gave a Brighton at home team talk. Came out looking a shell of ourselves and were sloppy let them back into it. He did not react. Both goals very poor. Second half was very poor.

As said before GON will blame depth. Not the fact he did not react to their changes.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not the rule though, is it? The laws don't say the ref can ignore it if he wasn't getting there anyway.

Not sure what some of you lot are complaining about, to be honest.
Hes not offside if hes not interfering with play
He may ne in line of sight but certainly not impeding the keeper hes 2 yards in front of him

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How many points have we lost because VAR are against us

colincameron

Reaction score
'subjective offside' - since when has that been the rule?

Thought VAR was meant to correct clear and obvious mistakes?

The decision had already been 'subjectively' called when the lines man didn't flag live?

I was of the belief a lot depended on whether the line-o flagged or not, as either way the decision had to basically be proven to be categorically wrong to be overruled. If it couldn't be, on field decision stands.

When did this go and have a look for offsides become the rule???

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of the decision, we didn’t deserve anything after that second half performance. Really really bad and out of nowhere given how good we were in the first 45.

It's all down to lack of squad depth now isn't it! The fit players are having to play too much and the kids aren't good enough to play more than a few minutes

Jeru360

Reaction score
That's not the rule though, is it? The laws don't say the ref can ignore it if he wasn't getting there anyway.

Understood, but why send him to the monitor? All that does is give us hope and hangs the red out to dry.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think a draw would have been fair tbh. Total dominance from us first half, and that flipped second half. Their goals were fortuitous and they didn’t have a glut of goal scoring opportunities.

GON just didn’t react well to West Ham changes and had very few options to choose from on the bench. I would have flooded the midfield to gain control of the ball, but Doyle looks lightweight (but a decent footballer) and Lemina/Gomes both shattered given how much football they’ve both played. Our defence is huge cause for concern for me tbh…

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to say this but relegation is still a possibility chaps!
well if your referring to west ham getting relegated with 42 points then yes its possible but with our current bottom 3 it wont happen

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understood, but why send him to the monitor? All that does is give us hope and hangs the red out to dry.
It's down to interpretation whether the ref thinks the GK has had his vision impeded, unlike when they draw the lines for an offside.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get that but whether you think he is interfering with play is a subjective call. The on field ref gave the goal, VAR shouldn’t be re-reffing. Had the on-field ref originally disallowed it, I’d have had no complaints.

colincameron

Reaction score
I get that but whether you think he is interfering with play is a subjective call. The on field ref gave the goal, VAR shouldn’t be re-reffing. Had the on-field ref originally disallowed it, I’d have had no complaints.
Exactly my thoughts and I thought I understood VAR, if it's subjective, a decision has already been made. No flag. They re-reffed it. Which is all you ever hear them saying is not what VAR is for. So which is it? Just a total mess.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not exactly good to be disallowing goals like that for offside. It was letter of the law offside but completely against the spirit of the game.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I promise you I wouldn’t, he’s not interfering with play, he just isn’t.
I would want that!offside given if we were leading 2-1, not sure when subjective decisions became something for VAR to get involved in though. Fabianski can see it imo, he tried to guess which way max would head the ball, guessed wrong and was bailed out by VAR intervention. I just give up trying to interpret the current laws of the game.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A rope a dope game I'm afraid, we had very little energy 2nd half.
The energy was there, the application wasn’t and neither was any ounce of football intelligence in our back line. To me, to you, no to me, no to you Oops, GOAL. ****s!!!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
By that logic West Ham didn't deserve anything from their first half? a draw would have been more than fair given the whole game.

I think they had more clearcut chances in their half of dominance than we did in ours. You’re probably right though as we were excellent in the first half.

Makes what followed even more baffling and frustrating.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Game changed when RAN went off. We have always suffered this frustrating inability to put games to bed when we are on top and it just never goes away.

We lack the killer instinct and have done for years. With a fully fit squad it may be different. As for the disallowed goal, if it was the other way around, we’d have moaned, had it stood.

West Ham didn’t play well but didn’t need to, which says it all.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s 10 points VAR has now cost us

Insane really

VAR didn’t cost us anything today.

He was offside and directly infront of the keeper and his eye line.

Harsh as he wasn’t getting there, but it wasn’t the wrong decision in the eyes of the law…..

If that had been the other way, I bet you would have wanted that disallowed?

Also how soft was the “foul” that disallowed their header?

On this one, sorry, VAR while harsh wasn’t wrong

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR didn’t cost us anything today.

He was offside and directly infront of the keeper and his eye line.

Harsh as he wasn’t getting there, but it wasn’t the wrong decision in the eyes of the law…..

If that had been the other way, I bet you would have wanted that disallowed?

Also how soft was the “foul” that disallowed their header?

On this one, sorry, VAR while harsh wasn’t wrong
That was not a clear and obvious error which VAR is supposed to be used for

Back
Top Bottom