Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible finish to the game. Would have been criminal to have got 0 points from the last 2 games given how both games went.

Thought O’Neil got the set up spot on. Nullified Spurs as an attacking force and were able to get in behind them multiple times. Unfortunately, for 90 minutes, our final ball and decision making let us down.

An incredible match-winning cameo from Sarabia with two pieces of pure quality changed all that and got us the result our overall performance deserved (special mention to Doyle for the quick free-kick on the second).

Sa 6
Kilman 7
Dawson 7
Toti 7
Semedo 6
Gomes 7
Lemina 8
RAN 7
Bellegarde 7
Cunha 6
Hwang 6

Doherty 6
Sasa 6
Sarabia 10
Doyle 7

I know Molineux was a cauldron against him at times but I actually thought it was one of the better officiating performances we’ve had this season. Let the game flow for most things and allowed a bit of physicality.

Crazy to think where we may be if other decisions this year had gone our way.
We’ve got a great group of lads. There’s a real togetherness and great spirit. As you say, if we could improve our delivery and decision making in the final third … well, who knows where we’d be?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs post-match presser...

Watched all apart of the last 40 seconds, I actually found it really interesting about what he said about the relationship with the fans and taking account into how we would like to see a team play, because I’d never have imagined that that would be something that would necessarily be a focus for a manager, but for him it seems to be, which is nice to hear

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched all apart of the last 40 seconds, I actually found it really interesting about what he said about the relationship with the fans and taking account into how we would like to see a team play, because I’d never have imagined that that would be something that would necessarily be a focus for a manager, but for him it seems to be, which is nice to hear
Think that is something Hobbs was on about fairly recently.
Obviously a new club mantra.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that is something Hobbs was on about fairly recently.
Obviously a new club mantra.

Ah didn’t realise Hobbs had mentioned it too, should probably try and give the podcasts going round a listen when I have a few mins! It just stuck out to me as I hadn’t heard anything else around it up to now :)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The highlights have the camera cutting to Postecoglou each time we scored. F... him, we are Wolves. Well done GON.
Fat Ange is under pressure all of a sudden.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best compliment I can give Gary O’Neil and the team right now, is I feel like im back in the Nuno era, and I mean it, teams fight/togetherness, Gary’s passion for the role. Get the **** in me babbies!
Yep. I’ve grown to like him. He has proved a lot of doubters wrong. Probably 80% plus wanted him out after Ipswich game. But he’s turned the corner and made us very hard to beat. No team will fancy coming to molineux

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant in the end. We were going nowhere then the manager earned his money with a couple of brilliant changes so full credit to him.
Yup, credit where it's due. I must admit l questioned the substitutions but......

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was, I hesitated to enjoy that winner until I saw the replay and could see he was on side. Was just expecting to see VAR checking goal.
Yes, the way he burst though and the unbelievable timing of the move, had me too afraid to accept we had a winner - what about var I shouted, but for once it was interpreted correctly. Superb!! :D

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't want £100m spent on players like Guedes, Nunes etc I quite like these young and hungry point to prove type of player.

That’s why I’d like to see Hobbs and Gary given a sizeable chest and see what was done with it! I feel the transfer dealings (and failings) we’ve done in the past wouldn’t happen now, or anywhere near as much, so I’m excited to see what that would look like. Although I’d be more than happy to see a sizeable amount spent for a quality striker right now!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb result today but more pertinent was the performance of the officiating team.
Much better than what we've had of late, but then no referee would have been better than what we've had of late! Allowance of the quick free kick for the winner was especially good. I do feel the game got very choppy at points and he blew up on too many soft ones which fractured the flow of the game. Also booked Dawson for nothing and now he's out for Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom