Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
I broke my leg on Tuesday so I couldn't go to the game today, that second goal made me fall off the sofa, scream at the TV and cry with alcohol induced pleasure all at the same time.
Wolves, you create emotions like nothing else on this earth!

No VAR just pure football emotions....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most players picking the ball up where Sarabia did on 97 minutes, would swing one into the box for Kalajdzic to challenge for.

But he has the quality and coolness to carry it and play an inch perfect pass.

We’ve always known he has the quality. Great to see him using it.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoroughly deserved, but never thought we would score. Thought we were excellent throughout and other than their goal and a great save from Jose near the end, they didn’t threaten too much.

Sarabia making all the difference with a great goal and superb pass for our winner. Class act who we have shown our patience. with. Great substitutions Gary.

No doubt we will hear about Spurs injuries and suspensions, but I don’t give a ****!

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it's the afterglow of the winner talking here but I thought that was a deserved victory in the end, overcoming our sometimes-blunt efforts in the final third. Not a lot to add really except that I caught the commentator saying something like "there really is a lot to like about this Wolves side". And you know what? There is.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Incredible finish to the game. Would have been criminal to have got 0 points from the last 2 games given how both games went.

Thought O’Neil got the set up spot on. Nullified Spurs as an attacking force and were able to get in behind them multiple times. Unfortunately, for 90 minutes, our final ball and decision making let us down.

An incredible match-winning cameo from Sarabia with two pieces of pure quality changed all that and got us the result our overall performance deserved (special mention to Doyle for the quick free-kick on the second).

Sa 6
Kilman 7
Dawson 7
Toti 7
Semedo 6
Gomes 7
Lemina 8
RAN 7
Bellegarde 7
Cunha 6
Hwang 6

Doherty 6
Sasa 6
Sarabia 10
Doyle 7

I know Molineux was a cauldron against him at times but I actually thought it was one of the better officiating performances we’ve had this season. Let the game flow for most things and allowed a bit of physicality.

Crazy to think where we may be if other decisions this year had gone our way.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a result hats off to Gon and the team. So much Cohesion personality wise they were celebrating off the bench subs and ran running to join celebrations.

Ran had a good game fyi just take him off set pieces and use jrb

Bellegarde also a good game and needs to continue playing coming back into fitness really like him

Cunha frustrating with his finishing he has to play as a 10, hwang was off today and should have finished the chance

Screaming for a number 9 but positive across the board

Lemina and gomes very good

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the ref actually had a good game and let the game flow.

Spurs made it really difficult for him, virtually throughout. Rolling around after every contact - and several non contacts, too. And towards the end, some reckless challenges they were lucky to get away with. Thought the ref was conned by them a few times in the first half, but they laid it on far too thick and their petulance worked against them in the end.

Spurs hardly did anything after scoring other than try and dive their way to a 1-0. Got what they deserved.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved that final ball still crap

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grew into the game after a terrible opening 20 minutes where we looked shell-shocked after conceding the early goal. Never looked like scoring until the introduction of Sarabia gave us the composure in the final third we'd been crying out for.

Scenes for the goal pretty sure my Persol sunnies are in pieces in my pocket :D

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve only ever thought and said Sarabia is c***.
Today - 10 minutes- world class.
Changed the game - well done Sir.
Good thinking from Doyle too.
Other than the first three minutes a good performance.
Well all and GON
It was great from Doyle. I was expecting us to clip it into the mixer but he went for the quick free kick.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was getting so frustrated with Cunha, and then he gets the assist for the first goal, Sarabia didn't have much to do, just a tap-in really.

After another tough week personally, that's made things a lot better!!!

It was a good performance and for once we got what we deserved!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve only ever thought and said Sarabia is c***.
Today - 10 minutes- world class.
Changed the game - well done Sir.
Good thinking from Doyle too.
Other than the first three minutes a good performance.
Well all and GON
I thought we wouldn't score if we played till midnight, missed so many chances!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs made it really difficult for him, virtually throughout. Rolling around after every contact - and several non contacts, too. And towards the end, some reckless challenges they were lucky to get away with. Thought the ref was conned by them a few times in the first half, but they laid it on far too thick and their petulance worked against them in the end.

Spurs hardly did anything after scoring other than try and dive their way to a 1-0. Got what they deserved.
Disgusting hhjolberg diving should be a red to get it out the game

Son suggesting Dawson had crunched his balls when he didn't touch all disgusting acts of play acting

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The best compliment I can give Gary O’Neil and the team right now, is I feel like im back in the Nuno era, and I mean it, teams fight/togetherness, Gary’s passion for the role. Get the **** in me babbies!
Exactly the way I feel too.

This lot WANT it!

Fantastic end to the game and we showed we can produce moment of true quality.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think my favourite part of the day so far is the commentary of the equaliser " ... but everything Tottenham have had to deal with this season, they've dealt with... " a split-second before Tottenham failed to deal with Cunha's delicate chip and Sarabia's magic touch and volley :D

So, that's almost everything, right? :p

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best team throughout the game (from the 4th minute onwards). This was no smash-and-grab, it was hugely deserved. If Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Bellegarde and Cunha had decision-making ability and/or set piece delivery then we would have been out-of-sight with some to spare.

Sarabia will get a mountain of plaudits for his technique and finish, but a word for Doyle and his quick thinking with that quick late free kick, it opened Spurs up like a tin of beans.

Brilliant display, fantastic points return, and we might actually be first on MOTD tonight. Or at least not last.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we could find the right position for Sarabia he would be such an asset with the quality he has.
Speaking before the game I was saying the same with my boys but he definitely struggles with the physicality. He alluded to it in the interview after the game. That control and finish and then the weight of pass for the second was just fantastic.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, well, well! I certainly didn't see that coming going into injury time. Sarabia's introduction was massive - an outstanding touch and finish, and a clever slide rule pass for the winner. It looked like it wasn't going to be for us, despite playing some good stuff especially after the break.

Spurs did their homework, getting at us early and scoring a goal that exploited the defensive weaknesses in our full back positions - and then they camped for the rest of the game. They won't be title contenders on this evidence, and in the end they got their just deserts. They were pretty disgusting at times in my opinion, especially Son's pathetic attempt to get Dawson sent off.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoroughly deserved, but never thought we would score. Thought we were excellent throughout and other than their goal and a great save from Jose near the end, they didn’t threaten too much.

Sarabia making all the difference with a great goal and superb pass for our winner. Class act who we have shown our patience. with. Great substitutions Gary.

No doubt we will hear about Spurs injuries and suspensions, but I don’t give a ****!

We're missing our star player, too. If Neto had been playing, we'd have scored 4. :D

Back
Top Bottom