Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Southampton FAC5 comms. thread.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the ******** tiredness excuse is used, then he should've put this **** team out on Sunday.

The reality is that most the Southampton team will play both games.

I'm gutted. We had a chance to get into the last eight ffs. If it was the third round then it's slightly more acceptable.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we will get lucky and Silva, Vitinha and Gibbs-White will click somehow and work well together. Of course, they will still likely be dropped for our next game regardless. Let's hope they can step up and delvier.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the positive side....Coadys need dropped,,,he's been awful defending recently... Have a blinder saiss

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't get it. We're trying to transition to play in a 4, we're trying to give Willian game time to get up to speed, so we go with a 5 and put MGW up top? Unbelieveable. Here's a tenner Traore, Neto and Willian all come on 2nd half; just hope Jonny can do the 90 minutes?

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Just seen the line up and am in shock.

Don't mind the defence at all but my god what is with our forward three?!?!

Would love to be proven wrong but too lightweight, what appears a lack of instinct and lack of creativity from what I've seen so far.

On a personal note, I find it hard to support MGW with his liking of tweets and he epitomises some parts of what I don't like about modern society - above the law, lovenisland wannabe etc...his general demeanour on the pitch by moaning all the time doesn't help either- well you've got your chance Billy big *******s and go and prove me wrong.

Come on Wolves make me eat humble pie and let's make the QF...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter rubbish! We aren’t getting relegated so why not go for a cup run?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not happy with the front three myself, but maybe everyone should keep the postmortems about our predicted definite defeat for the final whistle. Football is a funny old game as someone used to say.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the positive side....Coadys need dropped,,,he's been awful defending recently... Have a blinder saiss
I would like to think if any of the starting 11 have a blinder they would keep their place for the next league game. I'm not confident they would, but I would like to think so.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the reasons this is such a **** line up is we know Jonny will only play 45 mins, so RAN will be one sub. Leaves us with just 2 subs to change the game, assuming nobody gets injured.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a disgusting team selection from Nuno. Absolutely no justification for it.

Totally agree. Fuming at this. What the heck is he doing? Southampton manager will be doing cartwheels after seeing that line up. There is no reason why we shouldnt be fielding our strongest possible side and trying to reach an FA Cup quarter final. On paper looks like we couldnt give a ****. Cant believe he had picked this side.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
One of the reasons this is such a **** line up is we know Jonny will only play 45 mins, so RAN will be one sub. Leaves us with just 2 subs to change the game, assuming nobody gets injured.

5 subs in the cup mate. Don't make the starting 11 any better mind

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well. I quite like it!

The 34 is very strong.
The front 3 are fresh and all very clever , technical, intricate players. They are seriously capable of producing magical one touch moves and goals.

Im optimistic (I think!).
Probably would be, but we've only got 11 out there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging whether to watch a game cause of a lineup wtf.

What do you think of the starting line up and then Southamptons starting line up? Which approach would you prefer?

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A very disappointing front three. I have some hopes for Vitinha, but Silva's not ready and I begin to wonder if MGW will ever be.
I'd really wanted to go strongest possible in the cup this time and leave any resting for Sunday.
It seems the unusual occurence of consecutive 'Hampton clasicos has generated muddled thinking.
Hope it's not all lost by the time Neto, Jose and Adama come on.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are the goals coming from ? I see people say, well even with Neto How many goals has he scored, Traore no goals for how long, and Jose no goals yet goals are difficult to come by, so playing Fabio and Vitinha I think up top we are arguably no weaker than usual, the defence looks interesting, when was Coady last rested ?. The other interesting possibility is we could line up as a back 4 with Donk in midfield, and go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 it will be interesting to see how things pan out formation wise..

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt like this when we went to Villa Park last season in the Cup and effectively bent over. Win that and we'd have had a QF at Molineux against Liverpool Under 18s. At least then we had the Europa League excuse. This is absolutely pathetic. I'm seething.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carney again. She’d better be good luck because it’s a horrible listen.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have been disappointed with that line-up against Chorley. Are we really taking this seriously?

We picked a stronger side against Chorley then he goes and does this! Bizarre.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm so, so gobsmacked. So we lose today and win there on Sunday. We're out of the cup and we move up to 13th in the league? Makes absolutely no sense.

D

Deleted member 11332

Pretty much Sotons first team against a scratch side should mean one thing but funny things happen in the cup. Hope MGW and Vitinha can get on the ball and cause some problems.

Back
Top Bottom