Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Southampton FAC5 comms. thread.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My initial reaction is one of disappointment. I was hoping we would put out our strongest team. I want us to win the cup.

Hopefully, we can still win. I'm not confident. There's always hope.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a terrible line up. Zero creativity

what’s the point in playing neves and moutinho if you don’t go strong elsewhere
Whats the point in playing Neves and Moutinho together when they dont really complement each other well at all and disappear in the midfield? What's the point of Gibbs White and Silva up front...

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cup should be our priority considering the safe league position
Hopeful but a bit disappointed with the team

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, it's never wise to overreact to team news before anything has happened, but that lineup is surely a joke?

Can't see any way whatsoever that we hurt them. It looks like we're trying to stay in the game for 70 minutes, against a side who've conceded 12 goals in 2 games.

Utterly baffling.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed something ? Have we morphed into Manchester City where we pass the ball around our 6 attacking midfielders until an opportunity opens up ? Can't say I'm optimistic.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all surprised tbh
The league has to be our focus,this is just a side show im afraid
I think the exact opposite, the we aren't going to go down I don't think and we won't go much further up the table but we might have a chance of at least progressing in the cup or at least we would have done if Nuno hadn't thrown in the towel.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah well - we are due a good second string cup performance.

I can't remember the last time we fielded a weakened side and won a cup game against decent opposition....anyone enlighten me?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the hell is that attack? I thought we were going strong tonight and wanted to do well in the cup. That line up says otherwise to me. Really disappointed and will put big pressure on the game on Sunday if this ****s up tonight. Would love to know where Nuno thinks the goals will come from with that line up. Very much hope I am proven wrong but cant believe that is how he has chosen our attack tonight.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame that. That front three means Southampton will keep the ball all game and put constant pressure on us. Ball won't stick past the half way line.

Hopefully we can drag it to 0-0 until whenever we decide to put Adama, Neto and Jose on.

I thought we were safe from relegation after recent results but Nuno obviously not 100% certain yet.

We'll get tonked.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is how I felt when I trekked down to Villa last season for the LC game and the teams were announced. Why the **** did I bother. With the way we're playing you would have thought Nuno would have wanted to make a statement today. What is the formation 541? Feel really let down by this.
Oofff....

My dad went to the famous Man Utd game under Mick where we fielded the third team.

Makes sense in theory, but it's never fair on the paying fans.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winning and decent performances breeds confidence which should be returning after the last few games. Risk destroying that with this line-up.
We're not sure of our place in the league next season, so why not go strong, play well, hopefully win the game and take that into the league match against them. Bizarre.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
looks like 4-2-3-1

Forster, Walker-Peters, Bertrand, Salisu, Bednarek, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Djenepo, Armstrong, Ings, Redmond.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least it will give Saints a chance to redeem themselves with a few goals after the last few games, bet they can't believe it.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter bobbins of a line-up was looking forward to this game all day and looks like we have waved the white flag before a ball has been kicked , Southampton are on an awful run of form too....bet they are well happy seeing the team sheet as that front line wouldn't concern most Sunday league teams.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile Southampton taking an FA Cup game seriously and put out a very strong line up. I was really up for this game today. The starting eleven is a massive disappointment. This could backfire in a big way if we arent careful.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Looks like an uphill battle for us having seen both line ups. Would have liked to have seen a stronger team, but you never know...a few rested players starting who may be hungry to make their mark. Not as much pressure as a league game so they may do well. I think Jonny may be given another 45 mins only. Southampton going strong though.

You also get the feeling whoever wins this one will have their tails up for the league game at the weekend. Hopefully it'll work out for us. Keep hope alive. Personally, I'd prefer to win the league game. An FA Cup final with no fans seems a little pointless. A place in Europe would be nice, but given the teams already through to the quarter finals, I think we'd be hard pressed to get to the final given our form.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Nunos hoping this team can take them to 120 mins to tire out their stars then bring all our fresh stars in on sunday to annihilate them. That's the only logical explanation I've got for him fielding this team.

Back
Top Bottom