Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Man Utd comms thread.

blaenboy

Reaction score
From a United supporting friend during the game :
“That's the best 30 minutes of football I have seen from United this season.”
Just got to admit that they played very well and carved us open time after time. Rashford/ Shaw took Semedo apart. United had good movement, we struggled with it. Bellegarde wasted trying to play up front.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reality check tbh
We have been ripped a new one by a top 6 side
Tbf we are miles off it and they are playing really well and it happens
But they should be 5 up and that should never happen
Casameiro could have had a hat trick thats how bad it is
We are slow and not pressing as we usually do,not winning second balls and poor passing
Cant get any worse i guess, and IF we can get one back its game on, but that seems very unlikely at this moment

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but I’d yank Semedo……United have too much room on that wing

Are you having a laugh? Jesus, he’s being hit 2 on 1 a lot of the time because his fellow defenders are so bloody slow.

Doc off, RAN on.

Gomes for Doyle just to give us some greater bite in the midfield.

Not sure what to do up front, but what we have is not working. Fraser for JRB maybe, and have Cunha and Neto either side?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reality is we are light years behind Man United at their best, which is what they’re showing tonight.

They have at least 4 or 5 world class players in this side. How many do we have?
I agree to a point but they are 7/8 in the league. So are you saying we are just bobbing about making the numbers up ? Time for some investment like Villa or Newcastle

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horror show, reminded me of when West Ham ripped us apart when Lingard ran riot and they went 3-0 up. United always good on the counter and tonight we have been so slow and open.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes and Ait-Nouri for Bellegarde and Doc please.

Cunha and Neto look knackered but obviously we have nobody to come in and freshen things up, and plenty of people don't see a problem with that for some reason
I would bring on Hugo Bueno at LB as well and play RAN instead of Neto

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's see if you can change things Gary, but a big ask with the difference in performance of the two teams.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a United supporting friend during the game :
“That's the best 30 minutes of football I have seen from United this season.”
Just got to admit that they played very well and carved us open time after time. Rashford/ Shaw took Semedo apart. United had good movement, we struggled with it. Bellegarde wasted trying to play up front.
They played well but our setup and performance has been ****. It's all relative. It's not like we've played OK and been unlucky, we've been dreadful. Arguably even worse than Sunday's first half somehow.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
The analysis of their second goal on tnt showed how poor Neto was for the 2nd. He just let Shaw have a free run. Nelson had no chance.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regression to the mean, or just a poor performance? Probably the strongest team they've fielded all season as well. We definitely miss Hwang as that 'fox in the box'.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reality is we are light years behind Man United at their best, which is what they’re showing tonight.

They have at least 4 or 5 world class players in this side. How many do we have?
Who is currently ‘world class’ in their team, in your opinion? As I don’t see one such player. Fernandes was the last to be.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been on an amazing run and we’re **** tonight the reaction here is so fickle we’re always going to throw a horror show her and there. Tonight’s one but……1 goal and they will **** themselves.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really poor half. Only positive is they haven’t completely killed the game off when they should have. Deserve to be 4 or 5 down.

Bit of a reality check unfortunately.

I’d make go 4-3-3 second half

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, RAN
Gomes, Lemina, Doyle/Bellegarde
Neto, Cunha, Sarabia

Crikey, 4 at the back and it will be such a big cricket score we will have to follow on (or follow through because we are definitely **** tonight).

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The analysis of their second goal on tnt showed how poor Neto was for the 2nd. He just let Shaw have a free run. Nelson had no chance.
Neto has become lazy defensively. Won't get a move to a top side if he continues with that. Coaches like Pep and Arteta demand high workrate out of possession.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they happen to be playing well, which coupled with our brain fades combined to produce that.

odds on wolves to win?
What brain fades? They have dominated. We can't win the ball high up. Every time they have attacked they have got numbers up in abundance Every time we have attacked we have nobody in the places that counts. This could be any score, it really could. Has their keeper had to make a save?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you having a laugh? Jesus, he’s being hit 2 on 1 a lot of the time because his fellow defenders are so bloody slow.

Doc off, RAN on.

Not sure what to do up front, but what we have is not working. Fraser for JRB maybe, and have Cunha and Neto either side?
He ahould have followed Shaw for that goal.and he’s been slow anticipating other wing attacks too.
When you rewatch it later, take note of Utd. leave Semedo in the dust.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Was worried as soon as I saw the line-ups and formations that we’d struggle against the pace of Rashford and Garnacho. Feel for Semedo as he has had absolutely no support or cover.

Feel a bit for Bellegarde too. Being asked to do a role that really doesn’t suit him. Has worked his **** off but isn’t doing him or us any favours.

Incredibly, we’re not out of the game and I still think we can get at this Utd side. Only problem is I can see us getting picked off repeatedly on the break.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regression to the mean, or just a poor performance? Probably the strongest team they've fielded all season as well. We definitely miss Hwang as that 'fox in the box'.
The backup is not up to scratch so running into the ground. I will hold my head above the trench . We will tail off as the season goes as players look leggy and tired .

If that's the case then the boys at the top should have signed players not loaned them out

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats been my criticism of Neto every game ,hes great up front but is idle as hell covering ,and its showing big time tonight
Need Gomes in there even if it means taking an attacker off

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let’s not forget, we were awful against West Ham but have been great since. That’s has raised expectations but teams have off days. Shame it’s against this lot but I honestly think that if we could get an early goal this half, the tide might turn. There’s a lot of space between their midfield and defence. We just haven’t been able to exploit it tonight.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The backup is not up to scratch so running into the ground. I will hold my head above the trench . We will tail off as the season goes as players look leggy and tired .

If that's the case then the boys at the top should have signed players not loaned them out
Doesn't really seem to me that we're tired, we're just being outperformed.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doc off, RAN on.

I’d be getting Sarabia on the pitch somehow, we need somebody who can create something from somewhere or at least hold on to the ball.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo switches off badly for both of those goals on a second watch. The whole of the defence looking v shaky and midfield getting overrun. Bit of a shambles and set-up all wrong and United have clearly done their homework too. We need to play a deeper defensive line to stop the haemorrhaging and either move Cunha up front or bring on Fraser as the Bellegarde experiment is, to no one’s surprise, not working.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What brain fades? They have dominated. We can't win the ball high up. Every time they have attacked they have got numbers up in abundance Every time we have attacked we have nobody in the places that counts. This could be any score, it really could. Has their keeper had to make a save?
the brain fades that make us look like a league one team so far. it could be 5-0

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is currently ‘world class’ in their team, in your opinion? As I don’t see one such player. Fernandes was the last to be.
You’d probably say Fernandes, Varane, Martinez, Rashford as a minimum. Could argue the merits of Garnacho and the very expensive Hojland too. All subjective I guess. Ultimately they were collectively much better than us.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well what a **** first half. Has to make changes. Obviously RAN for Doc. Then perhaps Sarabia for Bellegarde.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Rashford is world class, and always performs like this against us.

Varane and Casemiro have multiple Champions League medals.

Bruno is one of the best in his position although not quite KDB levels; he’s the best of the rest.

This United team could still finish 4th IMO.

Back
Top Bottom