Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Man Utd comms thread.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
If you are going to try and play at that intesnity for 90 minutes surely you cant expect to do it without intelligent use of your subtitutes? We needed far more from our midfield in terms of goal threat, Neves plenty of endeavour but quite poor use of the ball, Moutinho was having less and less of it and we carried on like that for the whole game! Our wing backs offered nothing in the box, when we have RAN on the bench too. What was Bruno thinking? Everyone is on about centrehalf but we have nothing in the middle.
Agreed. It bothers me too that Fabio is barely getting 5-6 minutes at the end of the game. Surely if we want our subs to make an impact, give them more time, right?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing terrible. Couldn’t hit a barn door with a baseball bat. Moutinho the biggest offender for clearly not being able to play this ‘new’ system but please God sell Traore. Please, please let’s just bin off this complete waste of ****ing **** and play someone who will either contribute or score.
Are you aware of the ignore list? I can see no value in your opinions, so will be utilising it.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The halftime punditry was a reminder to myself why I don't usually watch it. They collectively criticised Traore for his lack of end product, then showed three replays. One of him having a shot, which was a bit weak, but it was on target. Then two replays of him setting up Jimenez in the box which were good opportunities.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Shame to have lost, however the ground work is there clearly to see this is a good team in the making! United looked terrible simply because we played that well!

The goals will come as soon as they learn the system more. They have two weeks now to put things right! I have every confidence we will kick on soon and starting picking up the points! Is gutting to have lost in the way we did, however the potential is there and I’m so glad were playing good football again!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no point complaining about the loss. We should have been far and away by the time Utd scored

Yep. If you cant put the ball in the back of the net this will happen on a regular basis which is what has happened to us in the last 3 games. We should be sat here with 7 points on the board but instead nothing as quite a few of our players dont seem to know how to shoot properly or arent clinical.
Hugely frustrating and concerning. Big few games coming up after the International break as this scoreless and winless run cannot be allowed to go on much longer or it will affect confidence.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it along. 1-0 to Man Utd. The only thing still open for debate is what minute their penalty will be.
Said the same thing about 4 posts ago. You just knew that would be the result. I keep saying it's not the defence that needs attention it's at the front. We need that striker who just hangs around the 6 yard box. Jimenez still miles off at present and his game is to drop deep/wide and we then don't have that presence in the box.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apart from 1 very important aspect tbf
Of course they scored and we didn't but there was a huge element of luck to their goal rather than skill. First it was a foul and second Sa could have done better.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Of course they scored and we didn't but there was a huge element of luck to their goal rather than skill. First it was a foul and second Sa could have done better.
I wasn’t on about the goal I was more on about our finishing

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing terrible. Couldn’t hit a barn door with a baseball bat. Moutinho the biggest offender for clearly not being able to play this ‘new’ system but please God sell Traore. Please, please let’s just bin off this complete waste of ****ing **** and play someone who will either contribute or score.
WUM crawl under your rock

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let Manure off the hook as they were garbage. Dean wasn't the villain, he is just an asshat of a person.

56 shots in 3 games and no goals. Surely that cant continue. Surprised the xg was only 2.0 today.

Raul looks well off it and if Silva is the answer you're asking the wrong question. Hopefully Hwang brought his shooting boots.

I can see now why we were allegedly looking at Moore as they've likely seen in training how Raul isn't the same player. Silva needs to be loaned-out to a Championship side. He looked good against Forest as that is his present level. When he comes on I know we've given up, much like it was two seasons ago when MGW came on.

To progress I think we need to sell Adama and bring in an attacking CM and striker. If Neto was fit I think it would have been done already. For all of his ability we've scored zero goals when he is on the field. Trincao looks good enough to platoon with Hwang and Podence.

Neves and Mountinho were fine against a disjointed first half Manure, but offered very little once they pushed Pogba forward and Ole binned Sancho and James.

Sad to say, we would probably have two or three points on the board if Nuno was here. Never good going into an international break in bottom three. We might just stay there for longer than people expect.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul miles off what he was. That's the issue
Bang on. That's the elephant in the room. If you criticise him on here you'll be castigated as a WUM or troll or whatever. He's now had all pre-season and 3 league games and he's nowhere near it tbh. Of course he needs more time but we don't want to do what Sheff Utd did last season - play ok but get cut adrift. If he doesn't score or look like scoring do you persevere or what? We were in this position last season and never resolved the problem. We could be slipping into it again.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Fair play to Roy, Robbie Keane and souness on their analysis of the pogba foul, Mike Dean needs to go and that's all that's too it . It's disgusting and an embarrassment to the best league in the world. Ffs what was VAR doing are they all scared of that **** dean? Spoilt the game due to bad refereeing and bad var AGAIN!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As he should be. Just listen to the post match pundits. As usual we’ve been done by Mike Dean. If I never see that bald ******* again it will be too soon.
Don't blame the ref. We should have been at least 3 goals up by the time they scored. Mike Dean has nothing to do with our inability to find the net. The loss is down to us.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing Gollum can't even praise our football !!! Can't stand the guy

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. That's the elephant in the room. If you criticise him on here you'll be castigated as a WUM or troll or whatever. He's now had all pre-season and 3 league games and he's nowhere near it tbh. Of course he needs more time but we don't want to do what Sheff Utd did last season - play ok but get cut adrift. If he doesn't score or look like scoring do you persevere or what? We were in this position last season and never resolved the problem. We could be slipping into it again.

Bit harsh. I don’t think he’ll come up against many better centre backs individually than Varane and Maguire this season.

He’s clearly not up to speed yet but his movement was excellent and his work off the ball to occupy those two centre backs and create space for the likes of Trincao to move into was top drawer. Compare that with the human road cone we had on loan from Sociedad last season and there’s a world of difference.

Wolvezone

Reaction score
Good game but Wolves need some help. Especially a quicker centreback. Kilman, Coady and Saiss are all too slow.
They clearly need another midfielder with more pace. Neves was good again but don't think Moutinho can keep playing 90min.
How could Saiss miss. They outplayed Man Utd at times and Trincao was brilliant. First mistake I've seen from Sa. Cost the game.
Raul tired in the second and should be off at half time. Podence was lively and Adam always dangerous. If this game didn't convince Jeff to bring in a few additions then I don't know

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** knows what game Ole has just watched, and shows how much of a hypocrite he is with his comment about the foul on neves and then saying refs have been good these last 3 games.

Must be a part of the the manager qualification, 'how to talk **** and turn a blind eye'.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Bit harsh. I don’t think he’ll come up against many better centre backs individually than Varane and Maguire this season.

He’s clearly not up to speed yet but his movement was excellent and his work off the ball to occupy those two centre backs and create space for the likes of Trincao to move into was top drawer. Compare that with the human road cone we had on loan from Sociedad last season and there’s a world of difference.
Yes his work rate was good and his movement was also good but his touch just seemed wayward

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Mentioned this last week and got slaughtered. How we are playing and the results are very worrying. I am not seeing the optimism some of you are. A watford and brighton, etc will play two banks of four.
Results will come, Brighton are no where near how we are playing. But anyway look at them this season they are doing well....

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good post.

I was a bit critical of Jimenez today as well, but his movement is definitely still there.

Sort of like the team in general, a goal will change everything.

Back
Top Bottom