Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves V Liverpool verdict thread

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the win today and agree that newcomers made a difference. It was especially satisfying because of points others around us in the league picked up. Still a way to go but we'll be safe I think, the Dippers did have a spell on top but we defended well for the most part.. Onwards and upwards hopefully. COYW!

Quicksilver

Reaction score
I liked Limahl , he played really well in front of the defence. Hope the injury isn't too bad

I thought Saudi Arabia didn't play too well, but Hwang had a good game for once, before he went off !

Last edited:

colincameron

Reaction score
No, in Julen we trust. Jeff is the reason we are even in this mess. Thankfully, Lopetegui will save us from it.
And who always wanted Julen from (literally) day one?

Not Jeff’s fault Spain came calling.

Not saying no mistakes were made in between, but he always wanted JL so any credit to JL now is credit to Jeff. Not his fault circumstances didn’t allow for the vision to materialise in the past.. He’s always, always been the man Jeff wanted.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a priceless press conference. I am literally ****ing my pants watching Nashers on the verge of tears. :tearsofjoy:

Sacked in the morning and the Ole chants got to him.
He was absolutely static on the sideline, he looked like he had no clue.

Reminded me of Lage on the sidelines in his last game against West Ham - utterly clueless.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few pant wetters must be feeling a little silly today.
Oh come on, be nice. Why you trying to get a dig in?
I presume you’re referring to people who thought we might lose to Liverpool. Although no pant wetter , I certainly thought we most likely lose……you know why?
Because they are having a MUCH better season than us and we have been woeful. Nothing silly to think we would lose.

We just had a great win…..enjoy it.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Finally home. Me and my son have had some miserable trips to Molineux over the last few years, but the West Ham game and today's game have been like a return to the Nuno days. Two Saturday 3pm kick offs, two wins, and the Molineux atmosphere back. Like everyone else, thought we were immense today. Even when under pressure in the second half it didn't feel like we would concede. Could and should have won by more, we had the much better chances. Would have loved to have seen Raul get a goal in front of the South Bank, but it wasn't to be.

Thought all our new players did well, but the two players that really made the difference today and make us so much more of a solid team are Dawson and Lemina. Dawson does the simple things really well and Lemina is so good at breaking up play and freeing up Neves and Nunes (or whoever is in midfield). Two key signings that I think will turn our season around.

Sá - 7 - Not an awful lot to do but did what he had to do well and made two key saves.
Semedo - 7 - Solid
Dawson - 8 - Solid at the back, made everything look simple. Great finish for the goal.
Kilman -7 - Looked a little more assured with Dawson along side him.
RAN - 7 - Comfortable afternoon, showed good confidence going forward.
Hwang - 7 - Started really well, put good pressure on TAA and linked well with Sarabia
Neves - 9 - Captain, leader, legend. Lovely finish for the goal and great to see him running into the box.
Lemina - 9 - Beast. Hope his injury is not too bad.
Nunes - 7 - Thought he got better as the game went on, battled well in the second half.
Sarabia - 7 - linked midfield and attack really well.
Cunha - 7 - Played well, especially in first 20 mins. Nice composure for the cross for the second goal.

Subs
Adama - 7 - Lost momentum when he came on initially but he grew into the game, carried the ball well on the break and a lovely assist.
Moutinho - 7 - Made us more solid when he came on. Broke up play and nice ball to Adama for the Neves goal.
Raul - 6 - Tried hard, didn't hide, but it didn't quite come off for him. Shame he couldn't finish his chance but did well to get into position.
Podence / Jonny - Not enough time.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Paul Merson back on the booze? He said the first goal was an OG after a cross from Wang and apparently Dawson scored a good header for the second.

The Sky panel, talking about the game (well Liverpool) I thought were going to burst into tears… Im wondering if they need some counselling to get over this tragic incident.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Paul Merson back on the booze? He said the first goal was an OG after a cross from Wang and apparently Dawson scored a good header for the second.

The Sky panel, talking about the game (well Liverpool) I thought were going to burst into tears… Im wondering if they need some counselling to get over this tragic incident.
First goal was an own goal.....watch it hwang hit a cross, it hit the defenders leg...

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Magnificent day all round
Just about. I had a nightmare getting to the train station and had to ran like crazy to make it from car park to train (end platform!) in 2 minutes. Thankfully it was worth it.

Lemina - just wow. One of the best performances I've ever seen from a wolves midfielder.

The crowd reaction just before full time to give the team a standing ovation will also have done absolute wonders for morale, on top of the scoreline. It's also clear we have more leaders on the pitch and behind the scenes. Next two games we need to play the same though, no falling back into old ways.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lemina was superb. Hope his injury is not serious. Didn’t like the way he limped off though. He has made such a huge difference.

Gutted for the much maligned Hwang too.

Real shame Rubens goal has been disallowed.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would have been nice if MOTD had tried to analyse why we won rather than why Liverpool lost - perhaps mentioning the fantastic performance from Lemina or the arrival of Dawson... But no, absolutely nothing about us other than the indepth assessment that "Wolves played well". Shouldn't be surprised I suppose...

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lineker: "Wolves were magnificent, but what about Liverpool, Alan?"
Shearer: "Yes, Wolves were magnificent, but Liverpool were terrible--" 10 minutes about Liverpool's failures...
Lineker: "Next. Aston Villa against Leicester..."

Mask off then. No pretense anymore that the BBC give a flying **** about us. "Magnificent" is a code word for a pat on the head.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Lineker: "Wolves were magnificent, but what about Liverpool, Alan?"
Shearer: "Yes, Wolves were magnificent, but Liverpool were terrible--" 10 minutes about Liverpool's failures...
Lineker: "Next. Aston Villa against Leicester..."

The mask fully off then. No pretense anymore then that the BBC give a flying **** about us, I guess?
They praised us first and foremost, and during the game lets try not to be victims here and offended by everything

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who gives a flying **** what those boring, same old, washed up idiots say or think. I'd rather them say nothing at all and us go completely under the radar. I saw something today unfold and it was bloody majestic. I saw our beloved wolves, put the work in with all the conviction you'd ever want from a football team and not just beat, but rip apart a bunch of serial winners. Julen adopted a rotten, bordering hostile football club and somehow has managed to bring balance by carefully selecting the right players to do so.
We are watching a high level manager motivate and captivate and the longer people don't notice what's happening the better because come next season we are going to be pushing.
The standard has been set today and I don't see many teams in the league coping with what we have the potential to dish out. Call me a soppy git but **** me, today was the catalyst. Everyone felt it.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben " its ****ing mine "<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Him.<br><br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/wwfc?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#wwfc</a> <br><br>( <a href="https://twitter.com/the1877club?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@the1877club</a> on instagram) <a href="https://t.co/RRsSOec1pE">pic.twitter.com/RRsSOec1pE</a></p>&mdash; davis (@WWFCdavis) <a href=" ">February 4, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot wait until the game next weekend. Before JL came in I was so glad for the world cup because I couldn't continue to watch us lose and put in **** performances. Such a nice feeling to actually look forward to the games now.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had so many chances MOTD even missed a free header that Dawson had in the first half where he should have really scored!

We were superb today!
He was offside…..wouldn’t have counted. Thought he should have done a bit better with it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who gives a flying **** what those boring, same old, washed up idiots say or think. I'd rather them say nothing at all and us go completely under the radar. I saw something today unfold and it was bloody majestic. I saw our beloved wolves, put the work in with all the conviction you'd ever want from a football team and not just beat, but rip apart a bunch of serial winners. Julen adopted a rotten, bordering hostile football club and somehow has managed to bring balance by carefully selecting the right players to do so.
We are watching a high level manager motivate and captivate and the longer people don't notice what's happening the better because come next season we are going to be pushing.
The standard has been set today and I don't see many teams in the league coping with what we have the potential to dish out. Call me a soppy git but **** me, today was the catalyst. Everyone felt it.
Great post.

Back
Top Bottom