Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves V Liverpool verdict thread

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only heard it on the radio , but the " Ole s" at the end sounded great.
Adama and mouthinio sounded good....sadly Jimenez didnt

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic. Look so much fitter and well organised under Lopetegui. Got his selection and tactics spot on, and our patterns of play in that first half were brilliant.

Saw the game was drifting at the start of the second half and made the subs to address that.

Lemina, Neves and Dawson were immense but it was a great shift from everyone. Even Adama’s pass selection and execution was tremendous.

Sa 7
Semedo 8
(Balon) D’awson 8
Kilman 8
RAN 8
Lemina 9
Neves 9
Nunes 7
Hwang 7
Sarabia 7
Cunha 7

Adama 8
Moutinho 7
Raul 6
Jonny 6
Podence 6

To go from having not scored against a top six side before today’s game to that performance (against an admittedly very poor Liverpool side) bodes very well for the future.

Just hoping that the Lemina injury isn’t anything serious.

Absolutely made up.
What a difference a manager makes

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves media team response to Klopp saying Neves goal didn’t count in his eyes because “it was the first time they touched the ball in our half in the second half”…

Well, that's funny seeing that an actual goal didn't count last month because VAR lost a crucial camera angle. Mourinho-esque levels of delusion.

D

Deleted member (smith)

17 GAMES TO GO THIS TERM TO REALLY GET READY FOR A REAL GOOD GO NEXT SEASON AT TOP 6.
Fantastic turnaround from a new manager and some new players. Great win and a huge injection of confidence .

But still no need to shout or count our chickens ….getting up to top 12would great.

lest we forget against the top 9 we have won none drawn 3 and lost 7 scoring 4 and conceding 18

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t tease. What did he say?
He said Liverpool's football varied between great and very good except for the first 15 minutes. And the third goal didn't really count because it was the only time in the 2nd half we got over the half way line. Not a word of praise for us. Disgraceful also that 5 live didn't interview JL or any Wolves player. All about the Scouse gits.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Dawson made such a difference today. Both Killman and Sa were both beneficiaries of his presence. Sa for all his bad press of late made a few fantastic saves and looked a lot more composed. Dawson will score some important goals for us and what a great debut for him. Wonder if that was the first time he'd scored on his debut for any club.
Midfield were marshalled well by Neves and looked very powerful. Great team effort. Great squad now with Gomes , Neto and Traore still to enter the fray. Fans played their part too.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fantastic performance and a fantastic day out at Molineux. Can’t remember ever seeing us do that to a top team in person in my lifetime and I’m in my fifties now. The first 15 mins were unreal, and the Neves third was just magic. Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one predicted that!
Great start when we made Liverpool look like a L1 side. Had to withstand some pressure towards HT and certainly at the start of the second, but defended like Trojans. Fantastic breakaway goal which then took all the wind out of Liverpool's sails. Bodes well for the future, but not getting carried away yet. However, ecstatic and bouncing as I type this.

Ratings;

Sa - 7- Pulled off a great save from Nunez and commanded his area better than of late. Distribution errors still persist.
Semedo - 7 - Given a difficult time by Gakpo, but stuck to his task well.
Dawson - 8 - One error apart, was faultless otherwise and took his goal like a striker.
Kilman - 7 - Looked more assured with Dawson alongside him.
RAN - 7 - Took care of Salah and got forwards on occasions.
Lemina - 8- My MotM. Got through tons of work and allowed Neves to get further forwards.
Neves - 8 - Worked his socks off. Controlled the midfield with Lemina.
Nunes - 6 - Not at his best. Gave the ball away too much imo.
Sarabia - 7 - Decent full debut and involved in the second goal.
Cunha - 7 - Another who left nothing out there. Surely his first Wolves' goal will come soon. Another assist?
Hwang - 7 - Involved in the OG and pressed well when Wolves were enjoying their best spell. Sad for him as he looks to have done his hammy.

Subs;

Traore - 8 - His best display for a while and a fine assist for Neves' goal.
Moutinho -7 - Helped quell Liverpool during their best spell and won the ball to free Adama for the killer goal.
Jimenez - 5- Ineffective and fluffed his lines on a couple of occasions in front of goal.
Podence - N/A - Didn't really impact.
Jonny - N/A - No time to do anything.

Loppy got his starting 11 and subs spot on. Hopefully Hwang and especially Lemina won't have done themselves too much damage. Confidence will have taken a huge boost with important games (they all are), coming up.
Errr, I put money on us scoring 3 and said we'd win before the game. Unfortunately i didn't get my whole bet right though!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic turnaround from a new manager and some new players. Great win and a huge injection of confidence .

But still no need to shout or count our chickens ….getting up to top 12would great.

lest we forget against the top 9 we have won none drawn 3 and lost 7 scoring 4 and conceding 18
We couldn’t beat an egg until 6 games back.. not done too badly since then. Give it time.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said Liverpool's football varied between great and very good except for the first 15 minutes. And the third goal didn't really count because it was the only time in the 2nd half we got over the half way line. Not a word of praise for us. Disgraceful also that 5 live didn't interview JL or any Wolves player. All about the Scouse gits.
Thank you.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage - 6 Points in 8 games. 3 GF 9 GA
Davis - 4 points in 7 games. 5 GF 15GA
Lopetegui - 10 points in 6 games. 7GF 6GA

"Huge difference" still manages to feel like an understatement.
He is an elite manager and it’s not an exaggeration. We are incredibly lucky to have him.

And well done to FOSUN for getting him and backing him.

We are not going down.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to get sorted out, we outclassed them for huge chunks of the first half and should have scored 2 maybe three more goals if not for a great Allison save and two chances including the woeful attempted lob from Raul

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Raul's accident has really affected his split second decision making or are his legs just old now? Hate to see him in this state.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb, professional journalism by the Mirror explaining why we wore green armbands today. A pint to the first fan to spot the well-hidden mistake (s) in this article;

Wolves will make Premier League history on Saturday afternoon by wearing green armbands in their fixture against Liverpool.

The Midlanders welcome the Reds to Molineux for a 3pm kick-off aiming to continue their upwards trajectory under Unai Emery. Wolves have shown some improvement on the pitch under the Spaniard since he replaced Steven Gerrard at the start of November but they remain 17th in the table, the same position they were in when their last manager was sacked.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Raul's accident has really affected his split second decision making or are his legs just old now? Hate to see him in this state.
I think it’s just confidence.. just that split second hesitation is all it takes. I’ve seen it in many strikers and he still gets in the positions. Not like he’s forgotten the game.

He doesn’t really have time on his side though, so needs to find it again, or he will be gone.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what, I actually forgot about Davis being in charge!

Getting older sucks!
Considering Lage’s and our first 8 games of the season, if JL had been in charge we would be on 30 plus points now and pushing for Europe. Won 2 games in the first 15 games, won 3 in the next 6.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a performance!

Lemina was everywhere, Dawson solid (apart from one error!). Lopetegui spot on with his tactics.

Special mention for the scutty bin dippers who kicked off at 3-0 and broke all the seats. **** off back to your ****hole council estate you scumbags
Great performance from Wolves, but why deride a group of people for being poor in a cost of living crisis? Time to let the bin dippers insult go, when there are literally people fishing food out of supermarket bins in order to survive these times. Poor taste.

Let's just enjoy a brilliant performance from Wolves. Haven't had this feeling for a few years

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Need to bottle that 1st 20mins and uncork it every game. No coincidence that we started like that and the atmosphere in the stadium was equally good. Dawson and Lemina look like fantastic signings - exactly what we needed. Lemina all over the place, in a good way (as was Neves), and Dawson quickly got to work organising our players and telling them what to do... Made hard work of it for a fair chunk of the 2nd half at 2-0 and struggled to keep the ball. I Couldnt relax and count chickens until 2nd minute of ET. Sets us up nicely for the next 3 games...

Back
Top Bottom