Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Coventry City (FAC6) comms thread.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't even feel that surprising. Honestly, I'd have been way more surprised if we'd bossed them and strolled to a 3-0 win. When the 9 minutes went up, the rate Coventry were creating good chances, they were going to get one, at least. HAd thought it was going to go to penalties.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were terrible and deserved to lose. Huge missed chance after a great draw. The lack of strikers sickens me. The club have been pathetic on this front. Injuries will be blamed but when a Premier League club have only 18 and 19 year old rookies to fill in as strikers the board should hold their head in shame. Simply ridiculous to lose today and our defence bar Sa who saved us at least four times, was pathetic.WIthout Dawson there is no character and grit there. Kilman just does not have the personality needed to be a leader.

We move on but a poor day in the club's history. Just have to pray Cunha is back for next match. Lucky we didn't concede another three goals. Ait-Nouri the only bright spot. The rest useless bar Sa.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON too busy being the media darling before the game. Underprepared. Just thought we had to turn up. Why is he talking about Europe with Laura Woods? Biggest game of his managerial career! As for the players, a ****ing disgrace.
Coventry gave us a lesson. Too many Wolves players couldn’t pass or gave the ball away cheaply. Lots of running around and graft but little else. We got away with it against Brighton who would’ve won if they could’ve scored. And like Brighton Coventry looked the better footballing side overall.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had nothing up front, the ball kept coming straight back and frankly Coventry deserved the win. Shi's failures in financial management and the market caught up with us today.
Yawn. **** defending cost us that.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry gave us a lesson. Too many Wolves players couldn’t pass or gave the ball away cheaply. Lots of running around and graft but little else. We got away with it against Brighton who would’ve won if they could’ve scored. And like Brighton Coventry looked the better footballing side overall.
never seen Lemina have such a poor game in his time here.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Simms second goal is awful. It’s comical how lost the ball but Bueno criminally switched off at the back post.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you lose 3-2 at home to a team that is 7th in Championship they could have had more goals we were so poor tactics completely wrong today playing Fraser who doesn’t look ready yes we have injuries but no excuses for poor defending
Blaming GON when the ****ing jokers above him left with with **** all options is frankly bullcrap!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which team was the PL team?

One team could actually cross a ball on numerous occasions and close down the opposing wingers and full backs. The other was clueless at this. I was screaming for them to close down OHare and the other left back but time after time we werent tight enough on them. Basic stuff which we massively failed in today.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Coventry they deserved it. We snook in front only because of their wasted chances. They suck at and a little bit of quality won it for them.

Gutting, but a club like ours can't have £150m of attacking players out and expect to steamroller good championship teams.

We need two or three £5m-£10m back up championship level players to boost the squad, knowing they may never play. We are never going to do that, so at times of injuries you are going to come up short, it's just where we are.

Having said all that I expected us to have more control of the game, even with the players we had available. We played it like a champship game and lost.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season over.

So many players have let themselves down today, but for me Kilman, Semedo, Lemina and Docherty need a word. Useless does not begin to describe them today.

No point in rushing any of our forwards back now, we'll need them in tip top condition to sell in the summer (Neto, Hwang) and for next season (Cunha).

GON got his tactics badly wrong to be sure, but ultimately it's Shi that put us in this position.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yawn. **** defending cost us that.
When the defence is constantly shipping water because we can't retain the ball they'll struggle. You can be as sycophantic as you want but that don't change reality,

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest that’s a game too far for a team that had been stretched by injuries.

Coventry deserved it but that’s a different game with our normal front three. You have to remember that having good forwards helps the defence as there is less pressure on them.

Unfortunate but l don’t think this is on te team or the manager.

I am going to repeat it: how often have we said we need more depth up front?

Negiligence to have an academy product replaced by an academy product.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just end the season now... we've been rubbish for a good few games and only just managing to scrape a result... get the team ready for next season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just end the season now... we've been rubbish for a good few games and only just managing to scrape a result... get the team ready for next season.

If only we could but it is Vile in two weeks. God help us if we defend like that and dont have some of the injured players back.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I fear the bubble has bost now. Could be a tough end to the season.
Hopefully the one ray of light which is Cunha getting back to training will carry/lift us a bit, especially with his general positivity... But agree, it'll be tough to raise spirits after that embarrassing shower...

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Fair play Coventry. No more than they deserved. Shocking defending. Without Dawson we are awful

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One team could actually cross a ball on numerous occasions and close down the opposing wingers and full backs. The other was clueless at this. I was screaming for them to close down OHare and the other left back but time after time we werent tight enough on them. Basic stuff which we massively failed in today.
It’s been coming though. I mentioned in an earlier post Brighton would have beaten us if they had a goal scorer and looked the better team. Fulham should have been well ahead by half time. But this game we got found out and it was Coventry who looked 8th in the PL.

We looked very timid up front. Gomes had a crack and apart from RAN no one looked like having a go. As someone else mentioned GON being asked about Europe and being a bit of a media darling pre-match has must have come down to earth with a bang.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest that’s a game too far for a team that had been stretched by injuries.

Coventry deserved it but that’s a different game with our normal front three. You have to remember that having good forwards helps the defence as there is less pressure on them.

Unfortunate but l don’t think this is on te team or the manager.

I am going to repeat it: how often have we said we need more depth up front?

Negiligence to have an academy product replaced by an academy product.
Shi is still here though after multiple failed windows at getting a striker in. He might be a puppet for Fosun but then that means they are failing yet again to address the areas required and showing to having limited knowledge on running a football club .

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc was given three years…. But can still move him on……anywhere

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If only we could but it is Vile in two weeks. God help us if we defend like that and dont have some of the injured players back.
I'm not to fussed about vile, get preppeared for next season for me.

Back
Top Bottom