Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Chelsea comms thread.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something's definitely gone wrong with Ait-Nouri, then. Will be a shame to see him go this summer if that's the eventual outcome - and I wonder if it will see Giles get an opportunity here.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest worry today is JL pre game referring to how important clean sheets are leads me to believe we will sit back if we do we lose simple as that.
Guaranteed we will do this and wonder why hardly any shots and Chelsea all over us with lemina in defence and midfield a big hole. Hope I am wrong of course.

NealC

Reaction score
Any idea on what formation or set up is, very strong Chelsea side as well, need some good running in that squad to keep up with them

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better starting XI, not sure why Toti is in over Bueno though and RAN and Raul not on the bench also seems odd. Not sure what “tactical reasons” suggest that you leave your only other striker out of the squad.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just playing Football Manager and Wolves just played Chelsea at home...
Wolves 0 - Chelsea 4
1680960515627.png
Luck has it Ross Barkley scored 1 and Tammy Abrahams got 3, so glad they are not playing :)

Heck of a strong line up for Chelsea, one team will take a pounding off them, i hope it's not us.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that looks an unbalanced side? Our left flank looks exposed. Or will it be more 4-3-3 with Nunes in the middle?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Something's definitely gone wrong with Ait-Nouri, then. Will be a shame to see him go this summer if that's the eventual outcome - and I wonder if it will see Giles get an opportunity here.
Ryan Giles isn’t remotely a PL defender. No disrespect but Champ is his limit

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange line up from us many wanted Moutinho dropped let’s hope he can offer us something from the bench time for the others to step up.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m expecting anything from this game. New manager bounce with those players is not going to be a positive for us.

I just want to see something from this group of players that is going to give me confidence going forward.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our left side concerns me. Can’t understand the selections there.
Toti was one of our better players against Forest. All relative of course and Forest aren't Chelsea, but hopefully he won't let us down.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest worry today is JL pre game referring to how important clean sheets are leads me to believe we will sit back if we do we lose simple as that.
Totally agree I saw that and thought here comes cautious Kevin again . Win **** all with cautious tactics just invite pressure and normally lose

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree I saw that and thought here comes cautious Kevin again . Win **** all with cautious tactics just invite pressure and normally lose
We got a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge in Tuchel's first game, doing just that.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul and RAN left out for tactical reasons apparently.
Tactically losing the game going forward totti or RAN . I suppose Loetugui is a world glass manager so I am expecting Carlos type performance from Totti then .

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm expecting a defeat, we arent as good a team but as long as we show some fight and positivity i'll be happy.

Reactions: Ned

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge in Tuchel's first game, doing just that.
Yep bud and lightening normally strikes twice . We will see today after 90 minutes. But setting up inviting pressure always ends one way normally 9/10 .

Neptune

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bummed about Raul....I thought he looked close(r) to scoring of late

Costa added something vs Forest, but that was about 8 minutes. I'm not sure he's got more that 15 minutes of effort in him.

I like Bueno starting.

Eff Chelsea. LETS GO!

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with that. At least we are showing a bit of positivity. What a time for Costa to get his first goal.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it helps, I counted 7 goals from our first 27 attempts in the warm up last week at Forest (because I’m sad like that) and we got 7 goals in our first 8 attempts today so… good omen hopefully?!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it helps, I counted 7 goals from our first 27 attempts in the warm up last week at Forest (because I’m sad like that) and we got 7 goals in our first 8 attempts today so… good omen hopefully?!
How many did Chelsea get? ;)

Neptune

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Good work Matt, we need somebody counting these things

7-27 sounds dire!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Christ 7 out of 27 ? Thought we had coaches not the bus type either

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expect Costa to get stuck in where he can and go down at every available opportunity

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just playing Football Manager and Wolves just played Chelsea at home...
Wolves 0 - Chelsea 4
View attachment 33975
Luck has it Ross Barkley scored 1 and Tammy Abrahams got 3, so glad they are not playing :)

Heck of a strong line up for Chelsea, one team will take a pounding off them, i hope it's not us.
Meanwhile, back in the real world....

DJW

Reaction score
If I was Raul, I'd stick two fingers up and get back to Mexico. Bit, only a bit, worried JL might be in danger of losing the dressing room. Hope I'm over reacting but performances will be a clue. COYW!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Raul, I'd stick two fingers up and get back to Mexico. Bit, only a bit, worried JL might be in danger of losing the dressing room. Hope I'm over reacting but performances will be a clue. COYW!
I think you are over reacting. They're all professional footballers so are used to it.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely don’t get Toti in at LB and Bueno on the bench. If Bueno is fit enough for the bench he is fit enough to start, and must surely be the better option than a part time LB (better at CB).
Our left side looks very weak, with both Toti, and presumably, Nunes really playing out of position.
I assume that we are going to play 4-3-2-1 with Costa supported by Cunha and Podence?

Back
Top Bottom