Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brighton predictions

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 0-2 Brighton.

Another good performance but no goals to show for it, Brighton are as clinical as they come.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Brighton are actually better than man u for now, and will be more organised...

Wolves 1 - 2 Brighton

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly the worst team to play at the moment outside of City, Arsenal, and Newcastle.

They’ll be much tougher opponents than MU, and I suspect more clinical too if we give the ball away in dangerous areas as we did on Monday.

I’m hoping that the loss of Caicedo and no current replacement may work in our favour, but no doubt their much commented on contingency planning means they’ve got some upcoming wonder kid to bring in to replace him.

A Wolves win by any means would be a huge result. A draw would be good too to get us off the mark. However, I suspect, as per my comments post MU match, this is going to be a little bit like Lage’s first few games - decent football on the eye, plenty of chances created, but no goals due to still (2 years later!) not having a proper striker, and BHA will take their chances and win 2-0.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1-1, Cunha to score (perhaps a pen), happy with a draw and our first point on the board (fingers crossed).

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy us..New manager, new players, fit players, all is good. 4-1 wolves, wish I could be there

Last edited:

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m hoping that the loss of Caicedo and no current replacement may work in our favour, but no doubt their much commented on contingency planning means they’ve got some upcoming wonder kid to bring in to replace him.
I think selling 170m or whatever it ends up being worth of midfielders is probably going to have an effect on Brighton this season. Dahoud isn't half the player of either of them. I watched a lot of Dortmund; he's technical and does the running, but he's nowhere near as dynamic as either of MacAllister or Caicedo.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tough game per the gaffer, in 20 mins pre-match presser...

"Gary O’Neil is relishing his first Molineux match as Wolves head coach and believes his group are in a good place to open their account against Brighton...."

Raymont

Reaction score
WOL 1-1 BHA. Neither side will look as good as last week, but will both trend upward.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have been our bogey team for many years going way back.
It’s easy to dismiss that idea yet it’s amazing how often it’s happened !

Wolves 1 BHA 3

(I hope I’m completely wrong and would settle for a point)

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends how we start . As you try and contain Brighton and could be 3-0/4-1 to them .

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna go with a predictable defeat to the bogiest of bogey teams, 0-3

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I had a dream we won 3-0, with Sasa scoring out third.
Doubt very much that will be todays score…..

surreywolf

Reaction score
2-3

We go goal up (Fabio if he starts) and get over excited

But Brighton surge back and could have a hatful as our defence is over-run, aided by Gomes seeing red for rash tackle and then booked (incredibly harshly under new rules) for supposed time-wasting

Sasa pulls one back in the 98th minute and half empty Molineux roars us on for equaliser, but then loud boos for officials and some murmurs against Fosun

See you all later for plaudits about how accurate this prediction was. I will be hailed a visionary and appointed to GO backroom team

bigwolf

Reaction score
8-0 to wolves.

Easy win and GON is talked about as next England manager.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walking home from the shops this morning, I was passed by two gold cars and zero blue-and-white striped cars, so as everyone knows by the universal law of superstition, this means a 2-0 win for Wolves.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m going 1-1 which will be a useful point. Brighton are still a very good side but no McAllister or Caceido is a big void to fill in their midfield.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends how we start . As you try and contain Brighton and could be 3-0/4-1 to them .

Alternatively, trying to outscore them will also end in tears! Against Man U, we were best counter attacking and I think that is the best way to approach this. Not in the low-block horseshoe of doom way, but much as we played Man U. Quick turnovers just inside our half, breaking forward fast.

More of the same, but better in the final 3rd. And also tighter in our own defensive 3rd. In the first half, we gave Man U several chances through our own mistakes playing the ball out in the back line. We need to improve quickly at that, or stop doing it.

The other night was one of our best performances in 3 years. Unless Brighton fail to turn up, we are going to have to be even better to win this one!

Back
Top Bottom