Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brentford predictions

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well it worked for me last week - we lose 2 - 1 ;)

but seriously not sure on this one- if they score first i think we will see the dark arts return- just hope we take the lead

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1-1, Toney for them, Cunha for us.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They have a really dangerous player called Schade who looks a wonderkid. Keep him quiet and we should be okay, their main threat is set pieces and we're not bad at defending them.
1-0 Wolves.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea! Logic says we will carry on from last weekend and win pretty comfortably. The Wolf in me is more inclined to predict us stinking the place out and losing 2-0. The lowlight being the SouthBank giving Toney dog’s abuse only for him to score a brace in front of them and so the MGW celebration.

I’ll be confident… another clean sheet and a 1-0 win with Costa scoring and celebrating in Mee’s face.

Just hope we go relatively unchanged.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it'll be classic Wolves and we'll lose by the odd goal, putting us back into the mire.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough game. We will have to be up for it to win it and I think we will be. 2-1 to us. I am going for my third in a row correct score prediction!

Last edited:

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going for a Wolves win 'cos I'm invariably wrong, so the next best result 2-2.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who'd have thought we be thinking of losing to bloody Brentford
Probably because last season we lost 0-2 at home to them lol
Historically over the last 10 years its pretty even we have won 5 lost 4 drawn 2 against them
We inevitably struggle with big athletic sides and these are both of those things, plus they have a good high press, again something we struggle with ,and a striker that scores regularly
It will be another battle and tight game im going for 1-1 but it could go either way

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing about winning the midfield battle is that Brentford don’t play in midfield, they go long to the strikers…

I’d consider three centre backs for this one.

I agree - they play quick, on the break and, unlike Chelsea, and ourselves, they have strikers who actually score

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An entertaining 0-0. Lots of chances but poor finishing.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope we play better than when we lost 2-0 at home to them in 2021. They hit us on the break twice and we have to be very wary of that situation again. This is one of those fixtures that could end up like the Leicester home game if we aren't careful. However, 3 pts would really boost our chances of a more stress free run in. Let's hope we are totally at the races this weekend.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get your bets on Toney (pen).

Their form is a bit struggling at the moment. Surprisingly, we are ahead of them over the last 10 matches and even more so in the last 5. No need to be afraid of them, they aren't all that. I suppose they could say the same about us though. :confused: Seriously, I think, theres a lot of very similar level teams in the lower 2/3 of this division. The one thing Brentford, Villa and Fulham have that the strugglers don't, is a goal scorer. So it will be close, in a way can see JL going for the usual "keep it tight" approach as more than anything, we don't want to go a goal down and the longer it stays level, the better for us with our mentality.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not expecting much. Jlo is correct, we are so inconsistent and never back up a good performance with a second one.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends what JL does with the 11 that start . As if we start with a positive 11 then I think it will be a close game and we can get something . Otherwise back to the usual if we go the cautious route .

I said before I would be interested to see our CM without Neves in it and for me against Chelski I didn't see the CM dropping as deep as they usually do. Neves one of the best players I have ever seen but and I say but he might be part of the problem with why we create little or no outlet through the middle when we get the ball in defence .

Madmalc

Reaction score
Sadly I expect to lose.
My reasoning is that there may be too many shop window players resting on their laurels from their last shop window display.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frank told them to be 'physical and aggressive' against Newcastle so I guess we'll be in for more of the same. So we will need to battle for the second balls - might be a case for bringing Boubacar into midfield. I'd like to see either Kilman or Toti pick up Toney and let him know that he's in a physical battle but beware his MO - grabbing a defender, then falling in the box when the ball is anywhere near. Expect the usual blocking, time-wasting and general xxxxhousery from them if they get in front.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winning Saturday and we'll be very close to save..
But that wouldn't be the Wolves way would it..
1-2 defeat unfortunately...

Back
Top Bottom