Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Arsenal comms. thread.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes…. The new Milijas…

Looks like a player but offers very little

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are in a horrible place. Its not terminal but you really cant see where its going to change. The squad hasnt got whats needed for a relegation fight. It has a soft underbelly, We have played ok tonight but we are impotent in the opposition box. Having spent 100m thats criminal.
We entrusted a completely inept and novice manager with a huge rebuilding job. The fact that he was able to talk Shi into giving him the job and then keeping him on with a huge budget is worrying.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bueno and Toti conceded nothing down their side and barely challenged, experienced side and middle of Semedo, Max, Mouts and Collins picked apart.

Senior players letting down the youth, sad.

Andi130

Reaction score
Collins may become a decent defender, in time. For now, he's a liability.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see a team worse than us, let alone 3.
My god it's gone horribly wrong

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Can’t fault the effort but that tops off an awful day. To have gone through nearly half a season with no fully fit senior striker is ridiculous.

Plus points were Bueno, B Traore and Guedes.

Think we’ll improve after Christmas but our next few fixtures are pretty horrible. Think the damage may have already been done.

Last edited:

Jeru360

Reaction score
I don’t think Lopetegui took the job without assurances recruitment-wise. I think he will get two to three players in. We need a Bruno Guimaraes type signing - he made a difference for Newcastle last year as did Howe. Why can’t we do the same and survive the drop???

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno and Toti conceded nothing down their side and barely challenged, experienced side and middle of Semedo, Max, Mouts and Collins picked apart.

Senior players letting down the youth, sad.
fair observation. Arsenal have the youngest average age in the league.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well its not like we expected anything from this match.

Huge second half of the season to come

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am usually as pessimistic as most Wolves fans (it’s the years of the outcome being so predictable) but I am going to stick my neck on the block here and say that the quality of most of the players we have, is more than good enough.

Sometimes it just needs a tweak here and there to transform a team. Admittedly the lack of goals is a major concern but if JL is as good as some think, then I think he has enough to work with.

COYW. It’s way too early to give up!

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am usually as pessimistic as most Wolves fans (it’s the years of the outcome being so predictable) but I am going to stick my neck on the block here and say that the quality of most of the players we have, is more than good enough.

Sometimes it just needs a tweak here and there to transform a team. Admittedly the lack of goals is a major concern but if JL is as good as some think, then I think he has enough to work with.

I agree and we are staying up

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score

No goal scorers though……

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relegation looms…. Bottom at Xmas last 7 seasons resulted in going down.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I thought we played alright, but as per usual, no cutting edge. I think Julen has enough raw material to work with except for up front where we need at least 2 options who know where the net is . More attacking threat helps the rest of the team as well.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. Get tired of all the miserable gits on here constantly telling us we are ****

Far too much negativity. Personally , I think we will be fine. There are plenty of games to go and we have some good players, with hopefully a couple of additions coming in during January to bolster the ranks.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Lopetegui took the job without assurances recruitment-wise. I think he will get two to three players in. We need a Bruno Guimaraes type signing - he made a difference for Newcastle last year as did Howe. Why can’t we do the same and survive the drop???
Because we are in no way as attractive a club as Newcastle were last year. They signed an England full back from a CL club for starters. And will top any wage . They paid monster bucks for Wood who I would not mind coming here in loan actually. We cant have a root and branch rebuild but we can drill the players well during the 6 week break and give us a chance with a couple of additions come January. 8 wins 6 draws from 23 games is not impossible by any means.

I am sick to death of losing like this though. Its like waiting to die.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins is Paul Butler mark 2. Slower than a quadriplegic turtle.

But he was bought to make the transition to a back 4 because "apparently", Coady, Saiss and Boly were League 1 level and when we got rid of them, we would magically score lots of goals. Been hearing that for 2 or 3 years now. I don't actually think Collins is that bad. It's our attack that isn't good enough. Not one of them. Never has been since pre-injury Raul. The unreliable lightweights up front all need getting rid of. As does that right wing back who is looking more fake every match.

If we had some actual threat up front, opponents wouldn't be constantly stretching our defence.

Last edited:

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate losing and the goals were self inflicted but we haven’t been that bad, at times. Adama has been decent but still too inconsistent. Guedes has worked his socks off, Booby and Bueno excellent work rate. Think Mouts is done, sadly. Neves was kept quiet and Semedo really has no positional sense at all. I’m concerned about the mechanics of our centre halves. They seem to lose each other and you can see the midfielders rushing back to fill the gaps being left but by then, it’s too late. Lopetegui has his work cut out but it’s far from a lost cause. Oddly, I’d rather be us in our position than Everton, where it’s become very toxic or, Southampton with a rookie manager.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far too much negativity. Personally , I think we will be fine. There are plenty of games to go and we have some good players, with hopefully a couple of additions coming in during January to bolster the ranks.
You’d like to think so but teams around us are getting points and we can’t really threaten anyone! Forget today it was always a long shot

Reaction score
But he was bought to make the transition to a back 4 because Coady, Saiss and Boly were League 1 level and when we got rid of them, we would magically score lots of goals. Been hearing that for 2 or 3 years now. I don't actually think Collins is that bad. It's our attack that isn't good enough. Not one of them. Never has been since pre-injury Raul. The unreliable lightweights up front all need getting rid of. As does that right wing back who is looking more fake every match.
You've never heard me say back 4 is the answer. Never understood the argument for it.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he was bought to make the transition to a back 4 because Coady, Saiss and Boly were League 1 level and when we got rid of them, we would magically score lots of goals. Been hearing that for 2 or 3 years now. I don't actually think Collins is that bad. It's our attack that isn't good enough. Not one of them. Never has been since pre-injury Raul. The unreliable lightweights up front all need getting rid of. As does that right wing back who is looking more fake every match.

If we had some actual threat up front, opponents wouldn't be constantly stretching our defence.
this is the correct deduction. We are ****ing awful at scoring goals. Solve that and we have a chance whatever and whoever we have in defence.

Back
Top Bottom